49ers

Marino13

Have any of you guys who have played a season with a non NFC west team had someone else other than the 49ers win that divison??? I've played tecmo for years upon years and I honestly cannnot remember the 49ers not winning that divison unless I was the Rams, Saints, or Falcons. Your thoughts??

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being a saints fan i can say that i've seen them win the division a few times, in fact i bet they would've won the division in the game more than few times had their real qb at the time been there aka Bobby Hebert instead of dumbass steve walsh, man walsh blows

saints had a good team that year and totally got shafted by tecmo, in fact that year might've even been the one when all the saints lbs got elected to the pro bowl, ok no i lied but 3 of their four went that year and the next year ALL of them went

here's to tecmo totally shafting my saints in favor of the shitty ass niners, hell we even BEAT the niners once that year, and i thought it was supposed to be a game of one year wonders?

tecmo really fucked the saints

thanks for giving us two #1 draft picks while still not making the playoffs :(

you guys really are saint stealers aren't you? first ricky, now sammy? could we possibly persuade you into taking jay "i can't tackle a standstill geriatric" bellamy?

Except for Marino the Dolphins have been crap since '72. I mean, sure they got lucky with Woodley and Strock that one year that Riggins ran em over... but seriously. The Fins have really pissed away some golden opportunities. If it wasn't for Marino they'd be mentioned in the same breath as Seattle and Arizona.

Except for Marino the Dolphins have been crap since '72. I mean, sure they got lucky with Woodley and Strock that one year that Riggins ran em over... but seriously. The Fins have really pissed away some golden opportunities. If it wasn't for Marino they'd be mentioned in the same breath as Seattle and Arizona.

WHAT??? :( They have the best receiving duo of all time. And one of the more underrated players at LB in Offerdahl. They would still crush the seahawks and cardinals even with Scott Mitchell.

Daaaaamn, strong words, bro. But I would like to use this opportunity to thank the Saints for giving my 'fins Ricky Williams. Mucho gracias.

oh God, we got us another dolphin fan, guys :(

Don't get on jokers case for being a smart man. Who is your favorite team scott??

Let's just see how the season plays out before we start talking all this smack about the Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, whoever.

Once again, i am forced to ask: versus MAN or CPU? Not that it matters, i have indeed seen both. I've mostly seen Atlanta win it (thrice) and the Saints won it once when i was another team not in the NFC-W vs CPU. But even one season completely done vs MAN the Falcons pulled off a division title. So either way.....

The greatest recieving duo of all time? Surely you can't mean Duper and Clayton, but the only other good reciever I can think of that ever played for Miami was Warfield, and I have no idea who his counterpart was, so I'm at a total loss as to whom you are talking about. Maybe you mean Oronde Gadsen and Bert Emanual.

you don't know marino? I thought everyone knew my fav was the bears but the jets are a close second. my uncle and his entire family are dolphin fans so I know how to piss them off. my latest thing was to wear the jets sweatshirt I got for christmas to their house every time I go there. maybe since its summer I should get a jets T shirt or a pennington jersey or something.

scott

ps - I don't hate all dolphins...they do taste good with some mayonnaise on rye bread

If you could find a Ray Finkle jersey, that would piss them off. All Dolphin fans are still pissed about his miss.....

you don't know marino? I thought everyone knew my fav was the bears but the jets are a close second. my uncle and his entire family are dolphin fans so I know how to piss them off. my latest thing was to wear the jets sweatshirt I got for christmas to their house every time I go there. maybe since its summer I should get a jets T shirt or a pennington jersey or something.

scott

ps - I don't hate all dolphins...they do taste good with some mayonnaise on rye bread

great idea, Rod! I could look for a generic, nameless dolphins jersey at the thrift store and iron on the name. I was very close to buying a seahawks jersey and putting LARGENT on it but the number on the front was kind of crappy.

scott

Hey Scott, first of all you can't get mad at me cuz my name is Scott as well. Secondly, I love my Dolphins becuz of Dan Marino...it's not like we enjoy watching Fiedler pass down his nose to Oronde friggin Gadsden, so give us credit for watching Dan give his all while his running back was Bernie "What's a Super Bowl?" Parmalee. And if you need something to chew on, Charles Woodson is my favorite player by a landslide, so I'm sure you have plenty of smack to say about him. Have at it, I hear it from everybody else. He has something to prove this year tho with all the doubters about whether he can stay healthy or not, so waaaatch out folks. And don't be so quick to call me out on that, cuz the only thing I really focus on in football is the secondary...I knew Surtain was better than Madison and he finally proved it. Watch for Dre Bly to enjoy playing for the Lions, Ed Reed has only just begun, and watch D'Angelo Hall to make a statement at Virginia Tech, too. Sorry I went off on a tangent there, just had to give my two cents.

Hey Scott, first of all you can't get mad at me cuz my name is Scott as well. Secondly, I love my Dolphins becuz of Dan Marino...it's not like we enjoy watching Fiedler pass down his nose to Oronde friggin Gadsden, so give us credit for watching Dan give his all while his running back was Bernie "What's a Super Bowl?" Parmalee. And if you need something to chew on, Charles Woodson is my favorite player by a landslide, so I'm sure you have plenty of smack to say about him. Have at it, I hear it from everybody else. He has something to prove this year tho with all the doubters about whether he can stay healthy or not, so waaaatch out folks. And don't be so quick to call me out on that, cuz the only thing I really focus on in football is the secondary...I knew Surtain was better than Madison and he finally proved it. Watch for Dre Bly to enjoy playing for the Lions, Ed Reed has only just begun, and watch D'Angelo Hall to make a statement at Virginia Tech, too. Sorry I went off on a tangent there, just had to give my two cents.

dude, I know all about parmalee. don't forget he played for the jets too. surprisingly I am not a charles woodson-hater, although most of my friends are. however, I prefer rod to charles, and you are exactly right about ed reed, he is going to be a superstar. and don't worry, I don't maliciously hate the dolphins. they're just fun to mock so I can see my relative's reaction. if you really want to get them, and I think this would probably be likewise with you, is to say that elway is better than marino.

scott

Okay, big ups to you for not hatin' on my boy. But you were right about the Elway thing, that did piss me off. Come on dude, let's be honest here. Who has the record for the most yards in a season? Most completions ever? Most yards ever? Most TDs in a season? Most TDs (by a QB) ever? Yes Marino was about as mobile as my grandmother, but the man was nuts and set about 25 more records than I listed. THIS is why I listed Bernie Parmalee...let's not forget Terry Kirby and Kareem Abdul Jabbar (or something like that), James Jackson, etc etc. Noooot the type of caliber you need for a Super Bowl. Hmm, lemme think...whoooo did John Elway have? Oh wait, that's right, frickin Terrell Davis. It's about the surrounding cast, and even when Marino had Duper and Clayton, Sammie Smith and Tony Paige ain't cuttin the mustard compared to Rod Smith, McCaffrey, Sharpe, and Davis. Mike Anderson was waiting in the wings just in case, as well. So I have made my argument. Why don't we just compromise on Montana??