WWF Wrestlefest

Chairman79

A company called Million bought up all the IP from Technos. They're still trying to make money off of the old stuff like Double Dragon.  There was a crowdsource project to reboot river city ransom where a lot of the money had to be paid to Million in order to use the name.   So if anyone was after them it'd be Technos / Million and or course TItan/WWE is pretty hard core about protecting their IP and trademarks as well. Wrestlers don't even own their own gimmicks with the exception of the deceased Warrior/Jim Hellwig.

Dusto

I thought about that so my next question would be is if the FPW (Fire Pro Wrestling) route an option? They did not have WWF/E rights or any for that matter but they made it fully customizable from editing players, rings, belts and logos. I've always wondered if WrestleFest did the same thing but named the game something else, didn't use the wrestlers names/ likeness, etc. would Titan/ WWE/ McMahon be able to block it?

I'm not even sure if WWE has the rights to the engine as the 2012 iPhone/ Android remake seemed slightly different. Just questions as I don't know what is what exactly. There didn't seem to be any problems with WWF Legends 2.0 (No Mercy Mod), so I've always wondered why a WrestleFest one never came to fruition.

• 4 years later...