WWF Wrestlefest

Chairman79

Bad Moon,

Yes, The Main Event was a good one as well. It featured a bunch of wrestlers that looked nearly identical to Hulk Hogan, Ricky Steamboat and other WWF stars, but they were called by other names.

When I was maybe 7 or 8, I loved playing Mat Mania. I thought that game was the greatest thing since sliced bread. The only drawback was, because I was young, I didn't know a lot about arcade games. So, each time I was thrown out of the ring, I could never figure out how to get back in. I used to get so mad when I would get tossed outside.

The best I ever did in the game was to beat the first opponent. It wasn't much, but when I did it, it was immediately the highlight of day.

• 1 month later...

I like Wrestlefest but I must say I like WWF Superstars for some reason to. The championship match was the hardest against Ted Dibase and Andre the Giant. I'll never forget the thrill I got when I beat the game and saw the papers twirling with the head line: Big Bossman and Ultimate Warrior Tag Team Champions!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Yeah that was a good game. I have probably 98% of all MAME roms on DVDs... I've played probably 3% of all of them ha ha.

I am typically Jake the Snake... I love that DDT!

So what would it take to get you to share those? I got some web space you can upload to.

They all take up about 9 GB of space I believe... I don't have a DVD burner handy that I can just send along. It is a pretty nice collection. I actually have all MAME (well, old school I would say) roms, but a small percentage of them don't work.

• 9 years later...

Wrestlefest all day. The 2012/iphone version whatever was shit. But the original was great. Someone mentioned WWF Superstars, combine the two and release or somebody hack it. 

Ass far ass WWF Superstars the best team would be the Ultimate Maniacs (Warrior and Savage). This game seriously needs to be updated with more old school wrestlers (think Bret Hart, Sting & Undertaker etc.) with the new modes of the garbage 2012 version. I could play this all day.

If it could be edited like Fire Pro Wrestling returns, it would be wrestling video game heaven.

Question -why sis the wrestlers in Superstars have 2 outfits and the ones in Wrestlefest only have one?

Anyone remember this one for the NES?  BEST MUSIC EVER just click on the movie and you'll see...

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zx-qsaXD78#t=1m40s

I do. First wrestling game I ever played. Savage for life.

Ha! I used to hate going up against BamBam.

Bam Bam? Hogan was cheap with his power. Andre was tough and slow. Just use the top rope trick and and they both go down easy.

Dude. You continually go deep into the caverns of t-borg and bump threads that have been dead for years!

It was only five pages. I was actually looking for a the on Griffey (SNES) - too many of them - were someone mentioned balancing speed and defense ratings so guys don't get thrown out at first base on singles to right field. Other times it's either at the bottom of the page or I click something inadvertently.

Anyway this game is still the shit, can you honestly tell me different? I need to figure how to get what means what so I configure MAME to my PS2 controller. They need to remake this game.

Edited by thalivest

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I understand there have been people trying to edit/ mod/ update Wrestlefest, but I don't wanna say too much as they may be running into legal/ copyright problems that may have caused them to stop.I don't know how much legal trouble someone could get into for a 20 year old game, but it was mentioned that some kid remade a Smurfs game and is now facing legal action due to it so I don't know. Is it that serious?