Sign in to follow this  
slim_jimmy7

TSB 42

================================================================

TSB42 - TECMO SUPER BOWL III [October 2007 Release]

by slim_jimmy7 & johnz1

================================================================

== TWO ROMS, 32 TEAMS ==

ROM #1 excludes the Baltimore Ravens and the New Orleans Saints.

ROM #2 excludes the Detroit Lions and the Houston Texans.

== ROSTERS & RATINGS == [by johnz1]

All players and teams have been updated up to October 2007.

The ratings system is basically a modified even teams rom. Almost every player has the same stats (per position). There are three exceptions:

1) Offensive skill players (QB, RB, WR, TE) are either a Backup or a Starter. Obviously the ratings for a Starter player are better than a Backup. Not all backups in the game are given the Backup rating, because in Tecmo and in the NFL there are good players that are on the bench.

2) For every position (except Offensive Linemen, they are all the same), there are Star and Superstar players. Again, the Superstar players have better ratings than the Stars.

3) There are some players with special skills: L.Tomlinson and B.Westbrook have a better Receiving rating than other RB's, McNair has higher Hitting Power than other QB's, and Vince Young basically runs like a running back. There are many other ratings changes like these.

This is a simple system that is very easy to update because all you really have to do is put players into categories: Superstar > Star > Starter > Backup.

Why make a rom this way?

1. Simple to update and maintain, year after year.

2. Tends to make teams more even and the game more fair. Bad teams aren't that bad and great teams aren't impossible to defeat.

== GRAPHICS == [by slim_jimmy7 + RaiderKtulu]

This ROM is based off of RaiderKtulu's updated uniforms and logos ROM. From there, slim_jimmy7 moved around some teams to create the Ravens and Texans. Also, other team logos, uniforms, and helmets have been updated. Some of the player photos have also been updated. The following players have updated photos: JP Losman, Trent Green, Tom Brady, Chad Pennington, Derek Anderson, Jay Cutler, Damon Huard, Daunte Culpepper, Phillip Rivers, L. Tomlinson, Tony Romo, Donovan McNabb, Tarvaris Jackson, Joey Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Alex Smith.

== SIMULATION RATINGS & FREE AGENT POINTS == [by slim_jimmy7]

Players free agent points are based on three things: Money, Superstar Status, and importance to the team (for example: it is hard to get Alexander away from the Seahawks).

Every player's simulation ratings and free agent points have been updated. This makes simming more realistic. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will probably put up huge numbers, and the QB for the Vikings probably won't.

== SCHEDULE == [by slim_jimmy7]

The regular season schedule has been updated to the 2007 NFL year. There are some deviations however because we have two missing teams per rom.

== PLAYBOOKS == [by johnz1]

Every team's playbook has been redone to better suit their 2007 play style. This accommodates for shotgun offenses, running quarterbacks, WR running plays, and trick plays. Unfortunately, not all the plays save correctly in TSB3m, so some of the plays couldn't be changed.

== DEFENSIVE FORMATIONS == [by slim_jimmy7]

All teams have the proper defensive formations, as of September 2007. Every team uses a 4-3 defense except Cleveland, Dallas, Miami, New England, New York Jets, Pittsburgh, San Diego, and San Francisco.

== FUTURE RELEASES ==

There might be an update released sometime before the playoffs.

== THANK YOU'S ==

Big thanks go out to everyone who has contributed to the Tecmo scene, specifically:

-RaiderKtulu (TSBIII graphics guru)

-Flash EmuWare (for the easy to use TSB Managers)

-amrush (for TSBIII hacking, specifically cracking the defensive formations)

-cuppettcj (for TSBIII hacking, specifically cracking the simulation values)

-Rod Woodson (for his dedication to running Knobbe.org)

CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT PROFILE

I am having trouble with TSB 42. I'm sort of new at this, but i have patched files before. And when I patch TSB3, i'll run it and it just goes black. I've tried it with multiple roms and multiple patch applications. Do I need to patch a TSB 41? Does the version of the TSB3 rom matter? Is there any way i could just get the rosters in a .tsb file for TSBm 2000 or something instead? Any help would be wonderful.

Oh, and is anyone working on a version of the 2007 rosters that are a little more tecmo-ish without the even teams?

I'm using ZSnes, and I've tried patching 5 different versions of Tecmo 3 from 2 different websites. The rom doesn't really run at all once I patch it. When I run it, if flashes white really fast and just gives me an all black screen. All of the roms run fine before I patch em too. I usually use a program called IPS XP to patch them. I'll go ahead and uninstall the emulator and roms and give it all another shot.

All I can tell you is to do that. Make sure you have version 1.51 of ZSNES, and make sure that you use a rom from coolroms, that is the one I used to patch. I also use Lunar IPS. Tell me step for step what you are doing, if this doesn't work

I got it working! I was using an older version of SNES, and everything worked right away when I got the rom from coolroms. I haven't played it much, but it looks great so far. Thanks for all of your help, and keep up the good work.

The rom looks great!! My only problem with it is that the ratings are awful. Safties with 13 HP??? That's bad... Anyways I'm going to fix the ratings when time allows me to and then I will send you guys the updated rom and let me know what you think. Don't take my critisism the wrong way. It's a great start!!

The ratings are based on the original rom's ratings. The idea is that the game plays like the original TSB3 game.

Check out the attached spreadsheet, it has the original rom's ratings distributions for every position.

Not a big fan of this version, except for the animations. I must say though, I really enjoyed playing this last night. I had two awesome match ups. 8)8)8) great job as usual. 8)8)8) The overall feel for the game was awesome as well. It didn't seem as fast as the original, I like it like this. The original turned me off wayyy too much because of the players spinning and jumping too much and getting really huge yards. Do you guys have an .xls document of the ratings you guys used? I'd like to scan over it and possibly see if it would work on the psx version. 8)

Quick question 4 you guys? I downloaded the TSB 3 rom and can play it no problem, but when i try and apply the ips patch for updated rosters. It gets all weird and fuzzy looking. Also I noticed when I play with normal Rom it says (Checksum-OK) when I try to apply patch and play it says (Checksum-bad). Any idea what im doing wrong? Also I have a Mac OSX and am using Snes9x 1.43. Any help would be appreciated, I'm dying to check out updated rosters. Thanx fellas!

All I can tell you is that you should use the rom from Coolroms and use the Lunar IPS patch program. IF that doesn't work than I would refer you to try the ZSNES series or update your SNES 9x version. Basically if anything does not jive correctly the patch will not apply correctly.

And I am not sure if the Mac system is different or not.