Sign in to follow this  
slim_jimmy7

Once this gets rolling again

I haven't been around much to pay any attention to anything as of late, but when I do get around to working with this rom again Amrush gave us another tidbit to play with (posted on Knobbe):

x16094 (BUF 1st, SF last)

Same legend for the previous Tecmo versions apply:

00 = team AI leans rush

01 = team AI heavily leans rush

02 = team AI leans pass

03 = team AI heavily leans pass

AM Rush

PS: If someone already posted this, then I apologise. I haven't seen it...

Since the black helmet problem is figured out (right?), can you switch Atlanta and Carolina back to their correct positions?

Yes indeed. These days I'm busy planning them out (determining which players will be standouts).

Have you looked at last year's posts to find out how we shared the rosters? Did I just make a .tsb file and send it to you? If so, I can start working on that right now.

Also, which app did I use for rosters: TSBm or TSB3m?

I beleive it was TSBM2000 with the .tsb file, I am going to post some pieces of some of our problems from last year with using TSBM2000's files:

RS and RP might be mixed up:

Use TSB3 Manager to fix the RS and RP things, as well as anything else that you wanted done, than send it back to me and I will finish up credits, and there are some sim things I have to figure out quick (should only take an hour).

This is one I botched with the sim ratings:

Here's the orders of each position, I think you got most of them mixed up slim, no offense:

-Offensive Linemen

C

LOG

ROG

LOT

ROT

-Defensive Linemen (4-3)

LDE

LDT

RDT

RDE

OL reserve

OL reserve

-Defensive Linemen (3-4)

LDE

NT

RDE

OL reserve

OL reserve

OL reserve

-Linebackers (4-3)

LOLB

MLB

ROLB

LB reserve

LB reserve

-Linebackers (3-4)

LOLB

LILB

RILB

ROLB

LB reserve

-Defensive Backs

LCB

RCB

CB reserve

CB reserve

FS

SS

S reserve

Free agency should probably be last:

My second problem is even worse than that, some of the free agent points got wiped off of the game, so they are messed up. There was an error in the Colts roster because when I implanted the rosters it messed up all of the rosters, so I had to redo the Colts from scratch. If you would like to do playtesting tell me, because I will send you the rosters without FA points and sim editing correct.

My guess on the free agent points situation is that the points which are imbedded in the player attributes were reset to original.

Mark Returners? I can't remember if we did this last year:

As far as returners go here is what we can try. On TSB2000 manager mark each returner with an "r" at the end of their name. Than before implementing the rosters on the game I can put in the correct returner position on TSB3 Manager.

I think those are the main problems we ran into last year. I think what had happened was either JP Losman or another player in the TSB File screwed up the rosters and FA values, but just to be on the safe side we should probably do those last. I would assume that by realizing and getting rid of these pitfalls things will go quicker and smoother.

It is pretty exciting getting back into this!