Task List in Progress...

DONE - slim - Schedule

DONE - slim - Logos

DONE - slim - Helmets

DONE - slim - Opening Screen Text and Graphics

DONE - john - Team Rosters

DONE - john - Player Ratings

DONE - slim - Uniforms

DONE - slim - Defensive Formations (3/4 or 4/3)

DONE - john - Fix Kicker Ratings with TSB3 Manager (Avoid Block, Kicking Accuracy)

DONE - john - Kick & Punt Returners

DONE - john - Offensive AI Tendencies (Run/Pass AI)

DONE - john - Add 4th RB for Tampa Bay (in replace of Cadillac Williams)

DONE - john - Playbooks

DONE - slim - Player Photos

DONE - slim - Sim Ratings

DONE - slim - Change Falcons uniforms

DONE - slim - Fix Bills Helmet in ROM #2

DONE - slim - Opening Credits

DONE - john - QB Scrambling ratings

DONE - slim - Free Agent Points

IN THE FUTURE:

- Remove Oakland & Atlanta from ROM #1

- Endzone Graphics

- US Map locations of teams

So what's left to be done?

I'm thinking about pushing some of this stuff back to the next release. It would be nice to have a November update this year. If some of this stuff doesn't get completely finished right now, we will have time to thoroughly complete it for the November release. It would also be SWEET if you could move swap teams between roms for the November release (drop Atlanta & Oakland from ROM 1).

- Kicker ratings: It seems that TSBm2000 can't correctly set the Avoid Block & Kicking Accuracy ratings. These two will have to be changed with TSB3m.

- QB Scrambling ratings: I want to do this, but I don't have the notes for how to.

- Set the Kick & Punt Returners with TSB3m: I can do this.

- Sim Rankings: I can help with this. I have no idea how this works, so please let me know and I can get moving on it. Hopefully there won't be many changes from last year.

- Free Agent Points: Honestly, I don't use these, so I don't care either way if these get done.

- Run/Pass AI Tendencies: I can definitely do these.

- 3/4 Defenses: Have you already updated the rom with the list I posted?

- Playbooks: I'd like to do these. I'm probably not going to do every team, but I'd at least like to change a few teams' playbooks. This would be a great example of something I could work on and really finalize for the November release.

- Player photos: It sounds like this is time consuming, especially for 84 players. If you only get to do some of these done, that's fine. Again, this could be another task that is partially completed for this release, and finalized for the next release.

- Cincinatti's home uniforms could be improved by having white pants, is that possible?

At this point, we have to get organized with how we share the changes we make to the rom. It was real easy for you to work on the rom while I worked on the .tsb file. Now, we will both be working on the rom. I guess the best way to do this is to make IPS patches and stay organized.

I'm working on the Run/Pass AI Tendencies right now. I'm making a spreadsheet of every team's rushing and passing attempts.

When I make these changes, should I just choose one? or do I have to make the changes on both roms?

I'm assuming that it's okay to make changes to some of the player ratings.

How should this situation work?

Also, the Bengals uniform isn't quite right. Looks like the tops turned white, not the bottoms.

I guess I don't understand what you are talking about with this. If you make changes with a rom, it has to be done with both. I must have hit the wrong color with the Bengals, not a problem.

I made a bunch of changes last night to ROM #2, including plenty of ratings changes. What do you suggest I do with the other rom to update it?

Man, this is really killing my night. I royally screwed this up.

To fix this, I loaded ROM #2 into TSBm 2000, and saved over ROM #1 (leaving Houston and Detroit with No Change, so that the existing rosters stay in place). Now I have to go back and redo some other things. Looks like tonight is a wash.

Now that I'm actually working directly with the roms, I have to say, I don't like working with two roms. Do you have any advice?

At this stage in the game not really... I would say that what you should always do is work with the .tsb files for TSBM 2000, and always use that as your starting point. It is alot easier to upload twice than it is to do every rating twice.

Here's my situation: I plan on playing this rom with friends this weekend, so I really want to have a semi-finished version by Friday night. I can do QB Scrambling ratings next week, after I get some clarity on this. Playbooks are finished for ROM #2, now I just need to put them onto ROM #1 (I'll have to do this manually, unfortunately).

So slim, if I send you the roms sometime Thursday night, do you think you could send it back to me by Friday night with any of the following completed or semi-completed?:

- Player Photos

- Change Falcons uniforms

- Fix Bills Helmet in ROM #2

Actually, they don't need to be completed, I just want to have the latest ROMs, with all of our work up until this point. I know you won't have all the player photos done, or you might not have the Bills helmet finished, but I just want to have the latest updates for Friday night.

Thanks

Alright, I finished the playbooks, but TSB3m isn't perfect. Many plays don't save correctly and are changed when you actually play the game. Whatever.

I didn't figure out the QB Scrambling. I posted the values of every QB. Slim, maybe you can show me how to do these.

In any case, can you try to post any updates for me to use this weekend? I'm really only concerned with the uniforms and faces.

Looks like we fill definitely finalize the rom and release it next week. Very nice

Updated, the Bills helmet problem still perplexes me, I am going to do some checking in to why it is doing that. The colors somehow are getting changed, I think it still has something to with TSBM2000. They are working now.

Did you want me to just take care of the Scrambling Ratings tommorow night with the rest of the Free Agency Ratings? That way we wouldn't have to worry about changing hands. I am really going to shoot for getting this Game done by tommorow night 10 PM CST. Right now I would call it beta release, play around with it.

I changed all your Johnz1's to Johnz's and took off "A NFL GAME EDIT" and replaced it with "NFL GAME EDIT" you were right, it just doesn't sound right. I also fixed the title page it now advertises TECMOBUILDERS.COM instead of FLASH.EMUWARE.COM

Yeah, it probably would be a good idea if you just took care of the Scrambling, if you dont mind.

I dont have any free time tomorrow, and it would be good to not do another handoff.

you're the man