Sign in to follow this  
slim_jimmy7

Graphics Editing Progress

There are four roms, and I have started working on the ACC rom (the final team lineup is yet to be determined).

I have all the way up to Maryland done. I just got the logo finished on the helmet.

I would say that each team takes about 4 hours of work (depressing, but rewarding). I am using Tileed2002, I find it very superior to all the other editors.

If anyone wants to help out give me a holler somewhere in the forum.

Some things to think about with the editing:

1. The teams over the Steelers, Panthers, and Jaguars need to be the same color (helmet shell wise).

2. The team over the Browns needs to have a blank helmet.

3. Small helmets re-use four 16 color palettes. The team color info at the Slimgames site has this information: http://www.tecmobuilders.com/TSB3TeamColors.htm

Likely if there is someone working on the Rosters, you might have to coordinate with this person.

OK im in. I will definitely need some help but im sure i can pick these up rapidly. I would like to edit teams including uniforms. I have a good eye for detail and will make teams as close to the originals. I have never done anything like this before but excited to get rolling.

When all is said and done could i have a rom with the included teams :

Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, Michigan St, Penn Sate, Ohio State, West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Florida, Florida State, Miami, California, UCLA, BYU, LSU, Nebraska, Tennessee, Alabama, Oklahoma, Louisville, Texas, Auburn, Wake Forest, Boise State, Boston College, Rutgers, Oregon.

Maybe even do an all time version with these classic teams?

First off, in order to edit sprites you will need a Tile Editor, do a google search for TileEd2002 or TileLayerPro, either one works just fine.

Grab a Tecmo Super Bowl 3 Rom from a rom site somewhere out there, if you can't find one, give me a holler.

Two other programs you will need are SNES Palette Utility, and a Hex Editor. Google xvi32 or Translhextion, either works pretty much the same.

For practice, play around with the tile editor. I would describe Tile Editing is like putting together a puzzle. Little pieces of logos and other graphics from the game are in the tile editor but not necessarily in order. Take those pieces and put them together in your window and you may start reworking graphics. *Colors are based on 16 different colors, the graphics will not match the colors you would think, the Vikings logo might not be purple it might be blue and orange and so forth.

If you need anything post here and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I just realized that I am incredibly stupid. I now hold the key to uncompressing the team logos, this will make for half the amount of time in creating team graphics in this game as well as TSB 43.