completing TSB 1995 - 2005

hallerxxx

All Tecmo Super Bowl roms have all teams in it from 1966 - 1994 and from 2006 - 2012.

some of the years have multiple editions that have some of the missing teams and as i went though them there are a total of 22 Teams missing from 1995 - 2005.

1995 – (2) panthers, jaguars

1996 – (2) ravens, saints

1997 – (2) Panthers, Jaguars (Change Browns To Ravens)

1998 – (1) Ravens, (version 2 has Falcons)

1999 – (3) Ravens, Browns, Panthers

2000 – (3) Browns, Bengals, Panthers

2001 – (3) Jaguars, Bengals, Panthers

2002 – (1) panthers (v2 has jaguars, ravens) (v3 has Bengals)

2003 – (3) ravens, jaguars, panthers (v2 has Bengals)

2004 – (0) (v2 has Texans, ravens, panthers Jaguars)

2005 – (2) Texans, browns, (v3 has ravens, panthers)

Total (22)

Since i dont know to edit divisions

My plan is to use the 32 team rom and create the missing teams and use the correct schedule to fix these years since i do not know how to edit divisons to make a 30 and 31 team league.

If anybody wants to help or have the roms with the missing teams please add them

Thank You.

I would think of it in terms of roms needed per year

Given my calculations below it would take 3 roms to cover 1995-2001

Prior to 1994 - 28 team rom

1995-2001 - 32 team rom with 3 divisions

2002 - present - 32 team rom

1995- 2001 32 team rom variations

1995 - 30 teams (28 teams + Carolina/Jacksonville)

1996 - 1998 - 30 teams (Remove cleveland for Baltimore)

1999 - 2001 - 31 teams (Cleveland back in)

Some of the Roms years have more than 1 version. For example TSB NFL 2004.NES is a 28 team rom missing the Texans, ravens, panthers and Jaguars but 2004 has 4 versions and version 2 has all 4 of the missing teams so 2004 does not need any teams created since if you combine TSB NFL 2004.NES and version 2 in a 32 team rom create the schedule and you would have a full 32 team 2004 version.

so that is where I am getting my calculations of 1995 - 2005 is missing a total of 22 teams because some years have multiple versions.

if you look at the top post you will see it like this

2003 – (3) ravens, jaguars, panthers (v2 has Bengals)

TSB NFL 2003.NES is a 28 team rom but the nfl had 32 teams so it is missing 4 teams but version 2 has the bengals so here i my break down.

2003 = Year

(3) = Amount of teams missing

ravens, jaguars, panthers = are the teams missing

v2 has Bengals = you can find the bengals in Version 2

We're both talking about different aspects of the same thing

You're talking about the teams not rated from these years.

I'm talking about the rom configurations necessary to display these roms once the teams are rated.

We're both talking about different aspects of the same thing

You're talking about the teams not rated from these years.

I'm talking about the rom configurations necessary to display these roms once the teams are rated.

You are right we are talking about similar but different things.

• 1 year later...

for 1995-1998 i would just say make it mainly with the 30 teams with 1 team in each conference as a free agent roster team. 1999-2001 with 31 teams and 1 free agent team roster. and 2002-06 the 32 team rom to catch up with 2007 since that is likely the earliest of the 32 team rom created.

• 4 months later...

Hey, guys. Newbie here. I am amazed at the passion, and sweat and tears, that must have been put in to make this great game even greater. After downloading the newer updates, I also decided to examine the older season Roms to see how much of them were really accurate. And so I started scouring the entire site in hopes that I could obtain Roms based on the years from 1978 to 2014 (16 game schedules), but I discovered that many of them weren't accurate as far as it concerning the playoff bracket (78-89 seasons only consisted of ten playoff teams), and the teams that expanded the league since 1995 are either missing or replaced other franchises. I did discover that the rom labelled TSB NFL 1978 Redux had brilliantly implemented the ten team playoff bracket (as well as the team colors of that time) and can only guess that this particular edit was done recently. Hence the reason why most of the Roms spanning the seventies and eighties still contained the twelve team playoff bracket, instead.

My question is this: is there a way to copy and paste the rosters and schedules from these Roms and into the 1978 Redux file, or is it that the only way to obtain this information is to do each person and schedule individually by using one of the TSB editors? I have no knowledge and skill to do any of this anyway, as far as the copying and pasting is concerned, but I was wondering if the former would be a feasible method nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, man. But after downloading the necessary editors, I've decided on re-doing the Roms, myself. I like the 1978 Redux rom, but not knowing how to edit graphics, I've decided to use another rom as a base file, instead. The main reason for doing so is because I pretty much want the game to feel and play like the original.

I've been using roms based on the 1978-94 seasons and extracting the rosters and schedules from them so I can implement the information into the 10 team playoff file hack, and finishing the rest with the 12 team playoff version that comes with the original release. This will save me a ton of time, thankfully. I'm going to re-edit all rosters to be as close to the corresponding seasons as possible, and to the best of my knowledge correct player attributes to reflect their yearly performances. I'm no expert at this and I'm only using the original game as a reference when it comes to player ratings — I just figured I would take the time to complete these and share them here on this site when all is set and done. I just hope I don't lose the patience on this doing this, though. :)

Sounds like a good project.

To comment on this 1995-2005 thing, I've had the idea to make a series of 32-team roms starting with 2002 for some time now. I figure it would be nice to have all 32-team seasons edited in a similar way and using the latest 32-team vanilla rom as a base. I've been playing around with different rating ideas for the 2002 season, using that as a sort of test season. Once I'm happy with the first season, it will be much easier to make more. I hope to have a new 2002 rom out sometime this year.

• 1 month later...

I've combined a few of the existing ROMs from 2002-2005 to make them all 32 team. I used TSB 2015 as my base and I'm having some issues getting the NFC West teams to show up in game, so I do not want to upload the ROMs as they're buggy. But this data should work pasted into another ROM. This is definitely a "first draft" for each season. The ratings may not be consistent. And the missing teams were pieced together from the adjacent season's files. The schedules have been updated and should be accurate. 

Edited by Craig Kostelecky

• 2 years later...