Beta Testers Feed Back for NCAA 2012 TSB 3...

hurricane55

Noted, but it is not coming out of the game, as we want players to experience all of football, and the play is designed as a big play oppurtunity. I was 50/50, until my lead blocking sprung Klein for a 70 yd td late in the game. It was a different feeling, as being a twitch players, gamers have advantage over those that understand the running lane. Some are both, but i hate players who exploit the AI constantly with calling run down and then barry sandersing it with ahigh MS back up back and running up. Hence why a lot of the time, control isn't given to the player until deep into the AI string. Better backs exert earlier control. We are attempting to marry coaching and normal mode with this. But your opinion is appreciated. The beauty is it is only 25% of the play book and you don't have to use them. ON normal plays i will remove the control of the lead blockers, but right now the AI string is the same code. PS....Franchise, since you are giving alot of feed back, you are free to design a set of plays, and i will implement. I would like a comboe of either 2 runs and an pass from the same formation, or vice versa, 2 pass and 1 run. It doesn't have to be an impact play, so feel free to have fun with it. Thing countering each other, as this is the scissor paper rock aspect we are trying to use.

Thanks for the updated rom

Thanks for the ability to draw up some plays I will shoot them over to you shortly

I understand your reasoning on the blocker controled plays. I am one of those people that you hate, I played & played TSB 3 until I could exploit every flaw in the CPU's game. I think I would enjoy those plays if the O line run blocked a little better. I just played a half w/ Ohio State & it seemed like backside players breaking in are killing the plays when I run them. I'll play some more & try & get a little more accustomed to it.

Saw another fake punt, I know I keeping bringing up the same thing but I really like it. I like the variety & I like seeing the CPU w/ a mind of it's own.

the fakes are not of our doing, i think. Unless we accidentally changed something. I have noticed it as well. No worries. Agree with vack side pursuit. Am definately rethinking the blocking timing, as well as the zone defense. The next week will be another batch of plays and updating the ratings, then i will start tweaking blocking and coverage.

Understood, but that is the idea. We are really trying to create 3.5 (TSB 4 would be if we could add the 2 teams to make a new NFL ROM.)

Question to all testers....

Does it feel like you are playing different teams. I know they all share the same default plays for now, but the idea is to show how each team would run the same play differently.

Covered cathces are a mionor concern right now, but i have noticed they are happening with double coverage. I am okay with the single coverage, but double should happen less. And the INT return is driving me crazy. I know where the AI is for it, but there seems to be a booster associated somewhere else. I have tried all my tricks to stop it.

I played a couple of games today

Both as Ohio State v Alabama & then Kansas St

Alabama passed alot

Kansas State ran alot

Alabama's D was much better than Kansas St's

Both D's were all over my backfield all the time

you might want to look @ the Zone drops, it appears @ times players bail almost out of the screen even on runs @ the snap of the ball. They eventually recover but they give up a lot of ground

In my most recent game against K State they had a fake FG & a fake Punt on the same drive

I ran the right side run play in playbook 2 probably 20 times & to be honest it really grew on me. on that play you control the runner & a blocker

Thats the hb direct play out of sgun.

I noticed the deep drop as well. On zones they will drop if they fail the run check. It works this way....

Defens is calling blitz or zone. If off calls run, then the d will do run ai check to break of static ai routine early. If off calls pass, them d does a pass ai check and reacts accordingly. But i will be modifying the zone and man coverage. I figured some more tricks out.

Edited by hurricane55

Wow....lots of INTS in this game. Playing defense is fun...not so much for playing offense. So far I have not run into any issues other that the toss going out of the screen causing a fumble and loosing lots of yardage...but this was posted earlier by Franchise.

• 1 month later...

Are you using a genesis rom platform or snes? I've not encountered the pitch glitch on the snes platform, only on the genesis. I'd actually forgotten about it since I made the switch to snes.

SNES. The glitch is a coding issue. Sorry me and cane55 have been MIA. Work has kept us from getting this thing done. But im back in town, so ill get to work on getting the graphics done. No release date as of this time. Sorry guys.

• 1 month later...

COLLEGE FOOTBALL NOTE: As a true fan of college football why is houston (C-USA) one of the best teams in the game when they only have one good player. see what happened to them when he was injured couldnt even go over .500. n who have they ever beaten a bunch of no ranks teams that can barely reach .500 by the season end. Houston has beated 2 good teams in case keenum 5 year career there. a messed up penn state team and they are 1-1 vs oklahoma state they have 1 win vs top 20 teams so all those teams like Alabama, LSU and Ohio state would kill houston. SEC teams( Alabama,LSU,Georgia,Florida are the most defenceive teams plus last 6 years have the most NFL drafted players. Thats on a football note.

THE GOOD: Ok back to the rom I love some things yall did Plays well and feels like a real game like im really got to march down the field not like alot of big run plays or deep palls feels like playing NCAA on heisman lol's So has a real life tempo to it. and alot of star player are the spot life just would be easier if yall made a list of who's a teams stars are. Good mix of teams

THE BAD: Ok i get that landry jones (QB for oklahoma) is a 3 game impact. But what about Matt Barkley (USC) who broke records better then heisman winner Matt Leinert. Also Andrew Luck(Standford), Denard Robinson(Michigan), B Miller (Ohio State) Robert Griffiin III(Baylor) are more then impact there the whole team Denard Robinson is 1 of the fastest people in college let alone on the field yet i cant even bust a home run with him. Landry Jones is impact just as much as these other guys and he like faster then all of them where he really is the slowest he is a impact player but not a fast. one with his arm yes. So without going threw (deeper details of how good players with bad stats) roster n picking out things its kinda hard to enjoy a roster without know the player you cheer for every saturday is not gonna play like he should yall got some fast Qb's starters and bench slower then ever and college is about your impacted players but you also have X factors and just people with freakish talents. Just the stats are making hard for a real college fan to enjoy when he expects alot from a player then when you play with hime he's no where near good. Like if you play with tom brady in tecmo bowl you expect him to be top 5 QB in the game not a scrub. Also wish game speed was a little faster.

ENDING NOTE: It may seem like I have more negitive then positive but now just college is hard to rate cause there is so much talent and there is alot of player that are back ups and there better then the starter but seniors get the start anyways. College should have more of a run n gun feel where offence takes over n you win off of that one or two turnovers aless you are playing Alabama vs LSU or Georgia then its gonna be a hard fought game. but should be more homerun plays.I love how it plays just harder for me since I love college football and when i play with certian players they cant run or qood players being able to do more then what they can do in real life but other then the rosterr and a lil slow game play Everything is nice. From Defence to Offence and Special teams kicking is like simi crazy and feels like all my turnover are fumbles but Pretty much good work and I do see alot of good things coming from this just player stats need to be ajusted and this would be a HIT!

Houston was on the previous game. They were not intended to be on this release.

The beta here doesnt have "wrong defensive calls" coded. Meaning just like when you call the "right defense", if you call the defense that is complete opposite of what the offense called, your defense gets no standard boost thus creating wide open WRs and Wide open running lanes. So that part is still one of the many Work In Process.

Player Ratings were also a WIP. And when you look at a players impact, it goes with that players stats. A Barkley Impact being the same as Laundry doesnt mean that Laundrys stats will compare to Barkley, but his awareness is what gets boosted with him. Our ratings hack is ultra complicated for QBs. We want no 2 on the game to feel the same.

Life has slowed us down, we will at some point jump back into it a hopefully finish it.

Edited by drunken_honkey

• 7 months later...

Where can I find the latest version of this?

No new version as of yet.  We are still in the process of coding it.  Tons of new features headed to the land of TSB3.

What are the buttons for the game I know that X snaps the ball but thats about it! Can someone help me out please. Thanks

If you set your controller up like the original SNES then the "x" button toggles forward thru wr options, the top button backwards toggles thru wr options and the bottom button throws the ball.