Beta Testers Feed Back for NCAA 2012 TSB 3...

hurricane55

A quick snapshot of the first play screens.

Notice on pass plays we identify the key reciever. On runs we identify if it is a power or speed play. All four sections are real designs. The fb/te in the i can be wubbed out for wr to create the four differnet formations of the play. The wr run slightly adjusted routes that end in the same area. so in reality the beta has 32 palys already!!!!!!

What the differences in routes between the top and bottom rows of each play image?

You guys better make South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore & Michigan States' Le'veon Bell the 2 best tailbacks in the game........cuzz there the best players in college football right now.

Keep your RB greats discussion in your RB greats threads. No need to bring it into a beta test thread.

Keep your RB greats discussion in your RB greats threads. No need to bring it into a beta test thread.

We actually agree. Ball (Wisc) was highly rated, but his teams poor performances will prolly decrease is value. But thats what were trying to accomplish. His team may loose value in which it should be harder to run with him even if we left him highly rated.

South Carolina isnt on the beta yet. They will be replacing arkansas I believe. Im not mouth full of SEC nuts like ESPN is. I mean FU, LSU, and Ala have been the only relivent teams from that conf. How many subpar years will it take SCU to have before they don't start in the top 10 at the beginning of the year? Just saying...

I mean FU, LSU, and Ala have been the only relivent teams from that conf.

I couldn't disagree with that statement anymore. UF, LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas & Auburn = All consistent Top 25 over the last decade. Many of those years they traded places in the top 10. Not to mention since 2006, the only teams to WIN the national championship are from the SEC; UF, LSU, Alabama & Auburn.

USC has only become a top tier SEC team the last 3 years now that Spurrier has the program and doing good things with awful players. Before 2009 no one even talked about USC. Texas A&M also joined, so yea.

What DH is saying is consistantly top 10, until recently have been LSU, ALA, FU. Georgia and AUburn are 50/50 to be top ten end of year. But SC seems to get the ole ball coach love. Have you actually seen them play? They are good, but i am never surprised when they lose. Ala and LSu are like wao who beat them? FU is in a down turn, but this year looks like an upturn for now. But that is a conversation for another thread. thanks for catching the troller tail-between-his-legs-king and putting his comment where it belongs.

@ El rey

The onscreen ratings graphics arent done, but the ratings will work like this

rs/rp/ms/hp are physical skills and are rated 1-5. 0 is a rating for a 1 rated player who is feeling bad. a 5 rated player feeling good is a heisman, and if excellent he is beasting. Graphics will be upgraded. all other atts will be mental based (hence the jstout logic) and will also be 1-5 but in reality it uses the top half of the original ratings. Physical skills are based on weight, starter non starter. Mental atts use team rankings in run and pass as well as overall with the class fr-sr) used to rate as well. The final ratings that are unseen and will not be visible are playmaker, positonal control and overall run pas ai. These are regular 1-15 rated. All this info is used in the ai of a play. not all at once, but in varying areas. When you call a run play, the defense does a run check somewhere in every players routine to deceid the % of jumping to attack ball carrier vs continueing on the ai route diagrammed. For a pass play, the defense does an pass ai check to help how auickly they attack qb or break there drop back and cover their assigned wr. Special teams has 2 ratings that are visible. These are team oriented for blocking. The entire team gets the same block/cover rating accroding to where they rank. it is a 1-5 scale. The returners will be individually rated. This means a fast playmaker wr may not be a great returner. Using the NFL as an example, Devon Hester is a average at best wr, but he is fast. So he sould be rated as follows:

RS RP MS HP SPEC RET POS PM CARRY CATCH RUN AI PASS AI

5 5 5 1 3 5 2(WR) 8? 3 2 2 2

You will also notice that it is 12 bits and not 10. We added a byte (2 bits) to each offense and defense palyer to create the AI logic. How we read that logic is the JSTOUT LOGIC we tag in the beginning. We removed agility and bb, and created a universal scale for those, since they are the least used rating during gameplay. When all is said in done, we created 15 new reader codes....the Jstout logic.

Edited by hurricane55

What the differences in routes between the top and bottom rows of each play image?

The difference is slight right now,. Example

Pass play 2(left).

buton presses

(a) once is deep, (x) once is short, (2) is either a or x pressed twice

WR1----on all 4 runs a deep out and is thedefault read against base d. is the (a) read against nickel, Against goalline is deep style read, first.

WR2----on all 4 runs a short in. agains base is the (2) read. is the (x) read against nickel. Is not available against goalline.

FB/WR3----RB RUNS FLARE UP, WR RUNS SHORT OUT. is the (x) read agianst basel. is the default read against nickel. is the short style read agianst goal.

TE/WR4----TE runs deep flag, WR4 runs go route. is the (a) against base. is the (2) against nickel. in not available against goalline.

The number in the play in green and brown is the key paler against normal.

As far as AI for offense, all players do a run or pass chekc depending on the play call. for blocking it controls pause between exploding into blocks, and if the wr run off comes back to help after running down field. the rb on the carry, it effects when human gets control, either right after hand off, or later in the play design. At the same time the player can get control is also when a rb will either check their speed or power, and finish the route. Hence the p and s on run plays. Afast back wil ltry to bounce outside, and a big back will head north and south. The pm check dicates wether the player gets a boost of speed or power. The higher the rating the more chance of a boost. All players do this chekc on every play. O line tend to get a power boost for blocking.

On pass plays the qb as his own ai rating. it is not run or pass based but what we call leadership based. it our way of saying, he understands the palybook and the offense. It is 1-15 based rating that is figured using team rank, starter, college year, pass rank, run rank. a fr on a bad team can be a 1 leader, while a sr like barkley is a 15. This byte is used during passing to determine if he throws to default. if he skips, then a style check determines if he attack sdeep or short. it is 1-3 rating. 1 being 25% throw deep, 2 50/50, and 3 75%. conservative teams have 1s on qb, while aggressive have a 3. some teams like USC are 50/50 because the team has talent all over the place, and the wr can make plays. Ga tech would be a 3, as they tend to throw deep. Texas is more conservative with their QB, so they would be a 1. Alot i know, but that is why i need testing to see if all this math and re coding was worth it.

I may tweak and have the base and 4-2 nickel be same play reads, and have the 3-3 nickel be the short readfirst. right now plays are goal, base(34/43), and nickel being both the 4-2 and 3-3. Some bases are actually the robber versions, and are not the same as 4-2 and 3-3. the safety alignment is different as well as AI. On runs the line blocks either 3 man line or 4 man line. db count does not matter. so 4-6,4-3 and 4-2n have smae blocking schems, and the 3-4 and 3-3n have the same.

Is it possible to upgrade the O Line? I dont know about everyone else but on running plays I have defenders on me b4 I get the hand off.

I am still working on my passing skills, Just trying to get used to it so I really can't say what is money & what isn't.

I might have to play seasons w/ Michigan state just because I like the mid field logo

Yeah if you run it 100% of the time and it you never have to punt would be a start I guess. But try doing that play with multiple teams also please first.

Grade plays by feel and flow also. Theres a run we gotta fix where the RB pauses that we will fix.

Edited by drunken_honkey

I think part of the problem I was expierencing w/ the O line during running plays is it looks like some of the linemen are pass blocking instead of run blocking. I watched a game & @ first I thought the linemen were pulling & getting cut off but the more I watched the more I realized they were pass blocking.

it doesn't happen on every run but it does appear to happen on some & it makes the play go foul in a hurry.

THEIR IS NO REAL DIFFERENCE IN PASS BLOCK OR RUN BLOCK. THEY FINSIH THE SAME. iT MY BE A TIMING ISSUE. tHEY CHASE AN ASSIGNMENT ON THE RUN BLOCK. sO IF THE GUY THEY HAVE TO BLOCK GETS A JUMP, THEY'LL CHASE HIM BRHIND THE LINE. paSS PLAYS HAVE THEM DROP BACK AND HOLD THEIR ZONE. THAT IS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE. i HAD A PLAYMANKER POINTER AND SOME TIMING OFF. rELEASING AFIXED BETA WITH 4 NEW PLAYS. Instituted the playmaker plays and player controlled lead blocks on these. Works great. I have a counter to the top, and a rollout qb keep/flga slant. Scramble ability comes into affect, as klein will keep versus barkly throwing. Have a quick toss bottom, and then a fake toss deep/cross with max protect. You control lead blockers on the run, and 1 of the 2 wr on the passes. Also tweaked AI on pass d to watch for the qb scramble you exploited with mccaron. Next batch of plays will be next week. Will focus on 4 pass and 4 runs. And get the option in the game, since most bugs are now tweaks to gameplay.

thanks for the updated game

I watched a game & played a few quarters of another

it looks like the new plays have opened up the O. Ala vs UGA (Game I watched) combined for 35 points & over 250 on the ground

not to beat a dead horse but I think the linemen on the running plays will be an issues. it kind of kills some plays because you have penetration so quickly. Is there a way to just assign them a space to block? like zone blocking?

The CPU controlled D audibles a lot (about 12 times in the 6 quarters I watched or played) very cool.

I saw another fake punt as well. really like.

the game looks great, the different D alignments & the offensive formations really make it look slick