Beta Testers Feed Back for NCAA 2012 TSB 3...

hurricane55

In playbook 1 run play to the right while in a 2 back set the fb backs up @ the snap & goes thru the tb & and takes himself out of the play

In playbook 2 in feels like I have no control of the rb in the play to the right

it feels like I have little to no control of my kick returner

Read the included doc that he sent us. :D

I still haven't read it but I will finish w/ my feedback on game 1

I like the flow of the D, the computer controlled players do a good job of shedding blocks & getting to the ball. I usually play as an OLB but @ least in the 1st game I found it more effective to play as a DB & allow the front 7 to work their magic.

I found it harder to run than the original TSB 3 & I found sacks are fewer than the original TSB 3.

rarely if ever did I see a reciever running free.

I like the D alignments. some 2 deep looks, some CF looks, very nice.

I'll play another game tonight. I'll try to read the attachment as well, sorry for my first post.

I don't know how to post a screen shot but here is the stat line

OU (p1) 21

ALA (CPU) 13

12:40

7:20

fIXED A FEW BUGS ALREADY WITHT THE 8 PLAY BETA. THANKS TO FRANCHISE FOR SOME FEED BACK.

FIXED FB LEAD ON THE HB DIRECT BOT RUN. HAD A POINTER WRONG.

FIXED THE COVERAGE ON RUN DEF.....HAD THE POINTERS FOR UP AND DOWN FLIPPED IN THE AI SECTION. FIXED. MADE A DIFFERENCE ALREADY WITH RUN, AS BACK SIDE OF BLITZ DOES NOT HAVE EXTRA DBS. TWEAKED SOME SPEED WITHIN PLAYS, AS WELL AS THE TIMING OF WR SCREEN AND HB SCREEN. WILL GET NEW COPY TO THE 5 GUYS I HAVE ON LIST FRIDAY. PLEASE GIVE FEED BACK, IF I CAN FIX BY FRIDAY IT WILL HELP. NEXT WEEK I WILL ADD 8 MORE PLAYS INCLUDING WILD CAT, WING OPTION, AND QB READ. ONCE DH HAS MOST OF THE GRAPHICS DONE PLUS THE RATINGS GRAPHICS DONE, I WILL RELEASE THE BETA TO THE BOARD.

CPU VS CPU 092412.bmp

Edited by hurricane55

Overall, I like this alot. I like the speed of it. I am still getting used to the defenses and defensive calling.

I don't like not being able to control the screen plays. I tend to not call them because of this.

I am indifferent on the KR & PR being COM controlled.

I stand corrected, Some graphics may get tweaks earlier:) Graphics are his department. I want to touch on the screen passes on aagain. Here is our thought process. The down button (both a and B) seem to be called alot on third downs by CPU. Don't have facts, but just a hunch, as when we had a bubble screen on old rom, it would get called alot. Anyways, we want to give that feeling of when the coach and the stands say "Get the Ball in Klein/Robinson/Ball/USC WR/DThomas' hands". So the play is designed for the playmaker to get boosted, almost like a jailbreak offense. There will be some control, but this play is suppposed to be the offense goto play. Defense will still go thru our AI routes, so a good defense can still stop it to some extent. ITs not a money play, just a "Do Sometin" special finisher type play. Will tweak, but next installment will have it with the touches i think will make it make sense. Not every team has PM at rb, so a rb screen won't work for them as much. Get the idea? It makes the player understand the team they are playing with a little more. ON Jailbreak Defense, we will have some tweaks as well to allow for team style to effect it.

mAXIIZED98 AND TKOFTECMO HAVE BEEN ADDED TO LIST. I will be sending an update out Friday/Saturday to the 5 testers. Still would like another 4 or 5 to get feedback. HAd a great conversation with DH tonight. He was out of town, so we haven't communicated in 2 weeks about the game. He had some great ideas for defense. Watched him play TCU, Then USC with the 8 play Beta. He blew out TCU, and lost a nail biter against USC. Really felt like the game had a flow. Watching i get to see the whole play develope. Had some light bulbs go off.

Alright I played a few more quarters w/ different match ups &

I like the overall feel of the game but I got a few more things

I like your post about giving teams an offensive identity. Is it possible to give the d's an identity when not on a jail break? thru something minor like positioning or technique? Granted I'm not sure what the game will allow but it would be cool to have a team like say LSU only running a single deep safety. Maybe have Alabama w/ an OLB that plays closer to the line?

Can you make the lines engage faster? I noticed if you pick a pass & run fwd @ the snap you can easily pick up 3+ yards every snap

I like the directional blitzes, it is a easy way to play D.

In the 10 quarters that I have played the CPU has ran 4 fake punts. I love it

Alright I played a few more quarters w/ different match ups &

I like the overall feel of the game but I got a few more things

I like your post about giving teams an offensive identity. Is it possible to give the d's an identity when not on a jail break? thru something minor like positioning or technique? Granted I'm not sure what the game will allow but it would be cool to have a team like say LSU only running a single deep safety. Maybe have Alabama w/ an OLB that plays closer to the line?

Can you make the lines engage faster? I noticed if you pick a pass & run fwd @ the snap you can easily pick up 3+ yards every snap

I like the directional blitzes, it is a easy way to play D.

In the 10 quarters that I have played the CPU has ran 4 fake punts. I love it

It is possible to, just not feasable this late. We have been really cramming all our brain power to the offense this go around. I will look at how much recoding and re rating for defenses. The pause is on purpose, and can be tweaked. We use a shotgun center exchange on every play. the original had the under center exchange with no ball, so it was instant exchange. We needed the code bytes, plus we like the ball in the air on all snaps. If i didn't pause the lines, the qb would take to long to back up. PS, what play are you using to get the qb sneak on. I might be able to look at the dline and offense moving quicker on shotgun formations, as there is no qb back pedal that would need me to pause the lines.

If you havene't noticed, the defense does have a ratings controlled randomizer that dictates spacing. I can exagerate it more, but agian defense alignment is lower on my priorities.

We have not hacked the fake punt AI, but i have noticed it as well.

Cool beans on the caharacter creation. DH put a lot of time on this........Not really. We left it alone, maybe returned it normal. I can't remember. At least i know it works:) I haven't even used it.

What do you like about it tk? Need some facts. Don't be afraid to also point out the things you would like tweaked/changed. Negatives are easier to fix than trying to just replicate the positives.

Would also like some feedback on the fields. That is what DH worked hard on. Can't wait to get the next batch of plays out. Have a beatiful scissors paper rock fell to the next grouping.

A quick snapshot of the first play screens.

Notice on pass plays we identify the key reciever. On runs we identify if it is a power or speed play. All four sections are real designs. The fb/te in the i can be wubbed out for wr to create the four differnet formations of the play. The wr run slightly adjusted routes that end in the same area. so in reality the beta has 32 palys already!!!!!!

post-6956-0-56398500-1348705047_thumb.jp

ALA QB McCarron had 34 carries for 286 yards in nearly 4 quarters of play.

I can't figure out how to post a screen shot so you will have to trust me on that.

pretty much any pass play works, you can see the D seperate b4 they engage & you can pick a lane.

As far as the fields go I think the Logos look great, fantastic work all around.