macknbyner

Team Name Location

So, I've been around this community for a while now, and I've made a few mods with custom teams and such using the 28 team NES version of TSB. Recently, I switched up and started editting the 32 team CX Rom. I used the TSBToolSupreme and found it could do nearly all the edits I required. However, There is no way to change the team names with the tool. So I searched here on the site and found some posts that said I'd need to use the hex editor to do this. I have the hex editor and have used it before to change colors of the background and whatnot. But I can't find the location of team names in the editor. I have even used the search tool in the editor to no avail. If someone could point me in the direction of where to find this information or give me a quick tutorial on how to change team names in the 32 team rom via another method, I'd greatly appreciate it.

You probably didn't search for a text string instead of a hex string. Anyways here is the start of the team names in the 32 team rom

X1FEAA

Unless you want to update the pointers you have to make the team name the same length or shorter than what is there already.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By TheFes75
      All, I did a quick search on the internet for Comparing Hex code in a ROM or file, but got nothing concrete or that I could understand.  My question is, if I am comparing two identical versions of a ROM's Hex code, but there is a minor change to one, is there a program i can use to compare and that would identify where the differences are?  Or would I have to go line by line and figure out where the difference is? Any help would be appreciated.

• By knickspree
      I'm sorta new, like over 5 years ago I used an editor to create my own team names and essentially a pretty customized game based off the original tecmo super bowl game.

Now I'm back and would like do some different editing however the editor that I currently have (TSB Tool Supreme beta and 1.0.0.3) only allows me to edit players names and attributes.  Before, I had an editor that I could do all sorts of things like team names and almost anything I could think of, where could I find this editor?

Thanks,

Pete

• By buck
      So, maybe someone else has already noticed a long time ago, but I have always wondered where the seemingly arbitrary player attribute number system comes from in Tecmo Super Bowl.  It was always a mystery to me.  Not anymore.

So, in case you wondered where these player attribute numbers come from:

6, 13, 19, 25, 31, 38, 44, 50, 56, 63, 69, 75, 81, 88, 94

These attribute numbers correspond to the "rounded off" percentage values of "1 through 16" divided by 16.

Decimal % Chop off % Sign
      1 / 16 = 0.06 6% 6
      2 / 16 = 0.13 13% 13
      3 / 16 = 0.19 19% 19
      4 / 16 = 0.25 25% 25
      5 / 16 = 0.31 31% 31
      6 / 16 = 0.38 38% 38
      7 / 16 = 0.44 44% 44
      8 / 16 = 0.50 50% 50
      9 / 16 = 0.56 56% 56
      10 / 16 = 0.63 63% 63
      11 / 16 = 0.69 69% 69
      12 / 16 = 0.75 75% 75
      13 / 16 = 0.81 81% 81
      14 / 16 = 0.88 88% 88
      15 / 16 = 0.94 94% 94
      16 / 16 = 1.00 100% 100

also attached a screen shot incase the format is jumbled.

• By tacomanarrows
      Sup guys.

Question, how does someone edit a teams uni colors/logo colors in Tecmo NBA for NES? Im trying to make the street team my friends and I are on. Basically where are they in the hex? I know the locations in TSB lol.
    • By proads26
      I started trying to mess around with NBA Jam for the SNES over this past weekend. I thought "NBA Jam was a pretty popular game, maybe it has a nice online community like this one for TSB full of all the info I need to have a good time." Turns out that's not the case. WhiIe was able to find some info out there, my problem is that I've never really done anything with the SNES, so there are some things I don't understand when I'm going through what I've found.

I'm having a hard time understanding the way addresses are described in the info I've found. What is $12/B0C9? How do I convert that to a hexadecimal or find that address using a hex editor? In this case, I'm pretty sure the answer is 0x27000, but I have no clue as to the relationship between the two. Also how do I do math with this type of info such as in:

"$29/A26B-$29/A2A4 Relative pointers to each team's roster data (added to $16/98CF; in alphabetical order by team name, except All-Stars and Rookies are the last two)"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.