Tecmo Super Bowl 2013

tkoftecmo1

I love this new rom. The 49ers are a little too accurate for my taste...Smith's inaccuracies, Willis beastin', Ginn a return threat. I just wanted to point out that both David Akers (SF Kicker) and Andy Lee (SF Punter) are representing the AFC Pro Bowl team and Sebastian Janikoski (OAK Kicker) and Shane Lechler (OAK Punter) are on the NFC Team. Something to fix if there is going to be an update.

Edited by RonnieRon

I love this new rom. The 49ers are a little too accurate for my taste...Smith's inaccuracies, Willis beastin', Ginn a return threat. I just wanted to point out that both David Akers (SF Kicker) and Andy Lee (SF Punter) are representing the AFC Pro Bowl team and Sebastian Janikoski (OAK Kicker) and Shane Lechler (OAK Punter) are on the NFC Team. Something to fix if there is going to be and update.

Great catch! I really wasn't paying attention on those!

Another heads up...Josh Gordon (CLE WR) and Mike Iupati (SF LG) have whites portrait instead of black ones and Lee Evans (JAX WR) and Michael Hoomanawanui (STL TE) are no longer on their respective teams.

Keep up the fantastic work, gentlemen!

Edited by RonnieRon

i love it i wish trades could happen say if your team is on a 49ers roll players like cj,cam and grankowski would gravitate towards your team just to win a championship or if your on a Tampa bay losing streak your stars would want to leave and the bottom guys from the teams would join your team

i love it i wish trades could happen say if your team is on a 49ers roll players like cj,cam and grankowski would gravitate towards your team just to win a championship or if your on a Tampa bay losing streak your stars would want to leave and the bottom guys from the teams would join your team

Too much drama for me. Have you tried Madden13, because they have that feature?

Too much drama for me. Have you tried Madden13, because they have that feature?

Isn't the word "MADDEN" illegal on this site??? It should be cuzz it SUCKS!!! Real football on TV is watched from side to side...not up and down...............and if you got good tickets to a live college or pro game, you'll be at the 50, not the back of the endzone.

Isn't the word "MADDEN" illegal on this site??? It should be cuzz it SUCKS!!! Real football on TV is watched from side to side...not up and down...............and if you got good tickets to a live college or pro game, you'll be at the 50, not the back of the endzone.

I'm pretty sure the comment was made tongue in cheek

Hey Guys, new to this website and to the whole "TSB Roms". Just recently discovered that people were doing this so i had to start getting them! I grew up playing this game, and absolutely adore it. I have downloaded every single one that i have seen available! I see some of the teams stacked(Saints on some..lol) and others not so much. Im a HUUUUGE Falcon fan(i know i know...dont hate) and i just wanna see a little better stats on these guys. i think the one that has given ATL decent roster stats was "Bruddogs TSB 2012". didnt seem to have bias at all. I cant program yet, but may get into it later. i would LOOOVE someone to perhaps make a TSB2013 with better stats for the falcons. Also, i see the "weather" option on some but cant seem to get ANY sort of weather?? LOL.. small things.. i know.. BUT overall EVERYONE that has put out a rom on here are my heroes! You guys keep on keeping on!! and if someone could make a TSB2013 with better ATL stats please email me! [email protected]. thanks guys for doing what you do! cheers!

Hey, sorry to post again.. i just wanted to clarify several things that i noticed with the Falcons. Michael Turner is slow. we all know that. 44 is a good max speed for him. Jacquiz Rodgers is just flat out faster than Turner. Maybe 50/56 speed? with great great hands.. on 2013 he only has 31 receptions. Jason Snelling is about same speed as Turner with less thumps and better hands.. on 2013 Snelling has 25 speed to Turners 44. 2013 has Julio Jones with 56 speed.. Victor Cruz has 63 speed.. we all know JJ ran like a 4.3 40 and Cruz near 4.4. .. lets touch down on Harry Douglas real quick.. 2013 has him with 38 speed 50 receptions. No prob on the receptions.. but 38 speed? i believe Douglas is the second fastest receiver the Falcons have only second to JJ. Heres a few defense observations an ill stop.. William Moore.. Falcons fans know that this guy puts licks on people.. hes a hard hitting safety but has less hit power than his safety companion Thomas Decoud. Decoud is faster but doesnt have the thumps so its backwards.. Akeem Dent.. Heres a hard hitting linebacker(that the rest of the world hasnt seen much of) who has less hitting power than brent grimes.. thats one thing ive never understood in the TSB series.. how an MLB has less thumps than a CB. i would like to think no CB on the game would go above 31/38 hitting power. i just noticed so much "depth" on other rosters where 3rd string RBs have 56 max speed and 4th string WRs have the same with good receptions. Falcons dont get such features. i could keep going but i will stop. i realize "u cant please them all" and this holds true. But, i know EVERYTHING about the Falcons being a die hard fan since birth, so forgive me for noticing these said things and rambling on about it... thanks for reading

Speed is the most weighted stat in this game. You can't just hand out MS to people because they are fast in real life. TSB is rated FAR differently than Madden/whatever because there are so few attributes to work with.

The Falcons are rated above average because, well, they are above average. Statistically, they were nothing special last year.

Which 3rd string RBs have 56ms?

@Tecmo Mike -

You're probably not going to find anyone willing to tweak the ratings, but you can easily make these changes yourself. If you download TSB Tool Supreme (link below) it will take you minutes to make all the changes you suggested.

http://tecmobowl.org/forum/topic/11106-tsb-editor-tsbtool-supreme-season-generator/

Also - the weather options doesn't work.

Speed is the most weighted stat in this game. You can't just hand out MS to people because they are fast in real life. TSB is rated FAR differently than Madden/whatever because there are so few attributes to work with.

The Falcons are rated above average because, well, they are above average. Statistically, they were nothing special last year.

Which 3rd string RBs have 56ms?

Creator, Im not a Madden fan and never have been. Look at the saints RB depth. there are several other teams that i noticed but id have to go on and see. children are watching TV right now. i can later if your like?? and i understand the attributes are different. but, if a player is fast with no hands.. why not make them fast with no hands? thats the reality of it isnt it? why make a fast guy slow on the game? i mean, we know mike turner and peyton hiliis are bruising backs.. so their attributes show as such. we are not that "thorough" with speed?? i think the falcons 4th WR kevin cone has the worst stats on the game.. 19Ms 13Hp and the same i believe for BC and REC. can the dude get no play? LOL. and you may say to this "well, they didnt perfom last year in the NFL to get an accurate reading" or.. "they got low yards(RB) or low to no receptions(WR)". but if this holds true, why is Andrew Luck so good? he didnt perform at the NFL level last year but is one of the better QBs on the game. And you say ATL is a "slightly above average team, so, we label them as such". if that held true. why were they not that good on TSB2012 when they had the best season record in the NFC 13-3 with wins over packers, bears, and several other power houses that year. i think this is a great game and respect HIGHLY what you guys do!! and i thank you for spending soo much time on putting these roms out!! you guys are awesome!! i just wanted to lay this on the table and perhaps get a couple opinions on this matter.Thanks for the info TecmoLegend. i may try it out but im not good with codes and the like. do i just download it and get to work? thanks all for listening.

That's because realistic speed would make the player WAY better in tecmo than they would be on the field. Also the Saints have RB depth because all of their guys saw time on the field.

For a RB speed is pretty much the only attribute that matters. For a WR speed is still the primary attribute. Espescially since you are either usually chucking to your best covered WR or throwing to an open guy.

As to why they made Andrew Luck so good it was probably because he was a number 1 pick. One reason I have mostly stayed away from preseason roms is i don't like to predict what the players are going to do. I feel like roms hold more value if you do them at the end of the season because then the teams are depicted more accurately. But it is definitely fun to have a preason rom and there needs to be on for all the tecmo fans out there,

Trying to accurately rate all the scrub players as accurately as the stars is nearly an impossible task unless you have a team expert for every team and even then people are obviously slightly biased towards their favorite team.

bruddog

One reason I have mostly stayed away from preseason roms is i don't like to predict what the players are going to do. I feel like roms hold more value if you do them at the end of the season because then the teams are depicted more accurately.

Completely Agree

On my roms running back MS is based on yards gained during the season.

a rom that is played frequently by a lot of people holds the greater value than the rom that is done at the end of a season.

as far as ratings go (in my opinion)

in my opinion, rom raters need to quit rating players solely on individual basis. consider the team and its success. (BIG PICTURE, then small picture).

the entire team ratings of original 91 TSB is a perfect example of how to do this.

this bullsh*t of giving vick 50 MS, 69 PS, with a 63 MS RB, 69 MS WR, and DL with 75 HP, Corners with 56+ INT, all on one team...shows that the raters are lacking a (or care not to) view of the "big picture". (Unless the rater truly believes that the '13 Eagles are better than the '91 NFC pro bowl team)

but let me say that the raters did OK and I can see that some sort of a method has been attempted. it does not suck. But, I hope that in the future, the original '91 ratings and spread of attributes across and within teams will be applied with more focus and that "teams" are rated as much as "players".

Edited by buck

Obviously I wasn't clear but this is what I meant...to me the rom HOLDS more value OVER TIME if its done at the end of the season. If I go back and play the 2013 rom years from now, its more inaccurate because it was based on educated guess. And yes the beginning of the season is likely the optimal time to release a rom.

I may be wrong but based on posts I see the majority of people downloading and playing the game aren't playing this game in a competitive fashion but rather playing seasons out vs the computer so they'd rather see the stars rated as stars. Because ya a QB with 50MS is godly in competitive tecmo unless his other ratings suck bad.

So with that context I'm looking at the eagles and they seem fine. Other teams have guys that are equally as juiced.

One thing i hated about the original rom ratings is that the distribution of defender ratings is weird.

There are only two studs DT and LT. 44rs 56 rp. Yet there is a massive number of unuseable 25rs 38rp and 25rs 31rp lbs.