"Street Tecmo" NFL 2013 by buck, rewhawl, jstout "Official Thread" NES TSB

buck

I simply split the posts as requested....though the off-topic posts were split into nothing. Classic monkey paw move.

ok, thanks! that was a good idea.

I put in a 12+hour day, on 4 hours sleep, starting at 4am and ending at when I dropped the offtopicpost.

and nice dropping of the "monkey paw".

ok, well here's a very small (but somewhat important update) see 1st post

UPDATE!!! 9-11-12...I found a bug with players with 19 Ball Control Rating....total mistake, there. sorry about that. The only other change is that R. Jennings (Jags RB on ROM 2) was changed to brown skin.

Basically, I had the internal value for "19 ball control" typed-in backwards.

(I found the bug when I was playing with Dallas; Felix got in BAD and he fumbled like 8 kick returns in a row)

The thing is, I have the bottom three ratings of ball control significantly less than the rest (because some teams have OL that can be allowed to run the ball, and I wanted them to have much less ball control.)

The .zip link seems to be down. Is the download elsewhere?

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like it's an issue with promoting this to the front page.

Until I fix this if you navigate to the forums you'll be able to download

so late last night I dumped street tecmo onto a compact flash card, threw it in my NES PowerPak, and played a couple of games on the old crusty NES. Game played pretty good (fast as heck!), until I came across a certain "incomplete pass" cutscreen (I believe it was one of the diving ones). totally froze up. apparently FCEUX and VirtuaNes and Nestopia don't have the problem with this screen, but the actual box or powerpak does.

so, when I get a little free-time (hopefully Thursday afternoon/night) I will be trying to find and kill that "bug". and will then release an update. I might also go in and tweak ratings across the board and fix some rosters based on week 1,2.

let's just go ahead and say that there will be an update to both street tsb roms early next week.

Edited by buck

hey buck, very, very cool work. Now I know where my next week went. one question: say I was to burn this ROM onto an actual NES cart... would I be able to play MAN vs. MAN?

of course you could play MAN v MAN! As long as you have two functioning controllers and a properly functioning NES.

but I hope you read my post just above yours - I found a little bug with the current ROM on the NES system. If I were you, I would wait until I fixed it before you burn a cart.

so late last night I dumped street tecmo onto a compact flash card, threw it in my NES PowerPak, and played a couple of games on the old crusty NES. Game played pretty good (fast as heck!), until I came across a certain "incomplete pass" cutscreen (I believe it was one of the diving ones). totally froze up. apparently FCEUX and VirtuaNes and Nestopia don't have the problem with this screen, but the actual box or powerpak does.

so, when I get a little free-time (hopefully Thursday afternoon/night) I will be trying to find and kill that "bug". and will then release an update. I might also go in and tweak ratings across the board and fix some rosters based on week 1,2.

let's just go ahead and say that there will be an update to both street tsb roms early next week.

Once I get this into the download section you'll be able to "Version" this so that it replaces the old version with the new but you can still download it. While it's not desirable for bugs it might be for roster updates or if you ever needed to reference something if a new bug is ever introduced.

• 3 months later...

there is a single "street playoff" rom underway, using the best 8 AFC and 8 NFC teams from '12-13. the physics engine has been slightly modified.

should be released the week before the playoffs begin.

also, a 12-13 highspeed (new plays and slot defenses) end of season rom will be coming out soon, too.

there is a single "street playoff" rom underway, using the best 8 AFC and 8 NFC teams from '12-13. the physics engine has been slightly modified.

should be released the week before the playoffs begin.

also, a 12-13 highspeed (new plays and slot defenses) end of season rom will be coming out soon, too.

STOKED!

Any particular reason why to not have all 32 teams in one Street ROM?

Boom dog. My favorite ROM. Buck, if you can supply me with MS Paint (meaning simple) diagrams of your defensive playbook, I would be HAPPY to transfer that into a graphically-updated 'instruction book' like the ones that I used to do for Tecmo Super Coach.

STOKED!

Any particular reason why to not have all 32 teams in one Street ROM?

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Boom dog. My favorite ROM. Buck, if you can supply me with MS Paint (meaning simple) diagrams of your defensive playbook, I would be HAPPY to transfer that into a graphically-updated 'instruction book' like the ones that I used to do for Tecmo Super Coach.

This would be cool. Again, give me a little time to brush the dust off of the highspeed.

Edited by buck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RE: highspeed '13 - I'm slowly chipping away at it.  it won't have all the bombs and lasers I had planned on, but it will definitely be an upgrade over last season.

PS: street tecmo playoff edition is pretty cool and fun!  http://tecmobowl.org/topic/52553-tsb-2013-street-tecmo-playoff-edition/?hl=street

Edited by buck

• 2 years later...