TecmoBowl.org Presents Tecmo Super Bowl 2013

Knobbe

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know why but the I couldn't upload them on here so heres a link to them. As of right now you can only use the AFC east teams. I redoing all the ratings based on my system, if you want to feel free to shoot me a PM and let me know what you like/dont like.

/>http://www.fileswap.com/dl/jSUq1tPdiB/

I don't know why but the I couldn't upload them on here so heres a link to them. As of right now you can only use the AFC east teams. I redoing all the ratings based on my system, if you want to feel free to shoot me a PM and let me know what you like/dont like.

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/jSUq1tPdiB/

You should start a new thread and get feedback that way. Good work!

You should start a new thread and get feedback that way. Good work!

Thanks means alot coming from you man. I've been following Gridiron Heroes since the start. Suggestion for the forum I post it in, n00b of the day award winner here.

Edited by RonNewman75

Hey, I'm loving TSB so far, I do have a suggestion-

Seahawks- Russell Wilson's stats aren't really reflective of his abilities. I know the guy's a rookie, there's no way he's as slow as Matt Flynn. He's running in molasses as it is now. Also, he has more arm strength. it seems Alex Smith's passes move with a little more zip, which is a little goofy. Also, I love Frank Gore, but he's way OP. He seems to break more tackles than Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch combined (though this could just be anecdotal).

Overall, though, incredible job. The game is AWESOME.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm loving TSB so far, I do have a suggestion-

Seahawks- Russell Wilson's stats aren't really reflective of his abilities. I know the guy's a rookie, there's no way he's as slow as Matt Flynn. He's running in molasses as it is now. Also, he has more arm strength. it seems Alex Smith's passes move with a little more zip, which is a little goofy. Also, I love Frank Gore, but he's way OP. He seems to break more tackles than Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch combined (though this could just be anecdotal).

Overall, though, incredible job. The game is AWESOME.

Thanks...these were pre-season ratings. It seemed barely plausible that Russell Wilson would start all 16 games much less have one of the best rookie seasons ever for a QB.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not looking to edit the rom. I'm just looking to move Sam Koch of the Ravens to starter but he isn

available when I go to edit the offensive starters but I do see him when I go to player data. Just wondering why someone would be in player data but not available to from the offensive lineup edit screen. 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

I wanted to offer some feedback on the Tecmo NES Cart. I've been buying them for a few years and I think they are great!  The only issue I have is as a Bears fan, in the original Tecmo they had a white top/black pants uniform color scheme that stayed the same for home and away games.

On the Tecmo Update that is being sold via the NES Cart, they have been black top/black pants, which makes the "1" and "2" over the player not flash, as well as the players looking like black blobs and especially on the latest cart they blend into the end zone and you can't see them which really hurts on passing plays.  When I run Matt Forte he looks like dancing ink!  :0

Chicago also has not worn a dark/dark color scheme for 6 or 7 years so outside of the in game issues it's not team accurate.

My request/feedback is, is it possible to have the Chicago Bears represented in the same uniform color scheme of white top/black pants on the NES Cart version as they were in the original?

Also, thank you for all the work and time everyone puts into keeping this game going.  The helmet logos are amazing and the game really plays and feels like Tecmo was still putting out the 8-Bit version.  I blow my friends minds when they come over and I ask if they want to play Tecmo Super Bowl and then they realize after I turn the game on, it's up to date!  :D

Hi!

I wanted to offer some feedback on the Tecmo NES Cart. I've been buying them for a few years and I think they are great!  The only issue I have is as a Bears fan, in the original Tecmo they had a white top/black pants uniform color scheme that stayed the same for home and away games.

On the Tecmo Update that is being sold via the NES Cart, they have been black top/black pants, which makes the "1" and "2" over the player not flash, as well as the players looking like black blobs and especially on the latest cart they blend into the end zone and you can't see them which really hurts on passing plays.  When I run Matt Forte he looks like dancing ink!  :0

Chicago also has not worn a dark/dark color scheme for 6 or 7 years so outside of the in game issues it's not team accurate.

My request/feedback is, is it possible to have the Chicago Bears represented in the same uniform color scheme of white top/black pants on the NES Cart version as they were in the original?

Also, thank you for all the work and time everyone puts into keeping this game going.  The helmet logos are amazing and the game really plays and feels like Tecmo was still putting out the 8-Bit version.  I blow my friends minds when they come over and I ask if they want to play Tecmo Super Bowl and then they realize after I turn the game on, it's up to date!  :D

you can only change 2 colors for each team.  this is a limitation of the game.

and the Helmet color ALWAYS has to be the same as PANTS color.  

this means that Chicago would always have to be Black helmet with White Jersey.  (which is what you suggest)

This is boring and creates some matchup conflicts (in my opinion).   

Therefore in order to have the Bears use their "dark" jerseys (which is team accurate) you have to compromise and have the dark pants, too. 

Edited by buck

you can only change 2 colors for each team.  this is a limitation of the game.

and the Helmet color ALWAYS has to be the same as PANTS color.  

this means that Chicago would always have to be Black helmet with White Jersey.  (which is what you suggest)

This is boring and creates some matchup conflicts (in my opinion).   

Therefore in order to have the Bears use their "dark" jerseys (which is team accurate) you have to compromise and have the dark pants, too. 

The Bears have worn Navy/Navy jerseys twice in the teams history, the first time was October 7th, 2002 and the 2nd was December 31st, 2006, so while yes that look has happened in real life, it's only been twice and not in 7 years which means the game is not accurate.

I understand the sprite limitations and it's easy to fix on the rom on the computer, I also understand that Chicago has to have the dark helmets, so white jerseys would have to be the default.

Could you elaborate on what you find boring or match up conficts, as opposed to ink blots that dissapear into the end zone?  Two of the same color may work on lighter colored team jerseys(I'm not saying it does, but I don't know), but black on black looks bad and the african american players skin completely blends in too, so you really can't make the players out and you lose the flashing number too which was a tecmo staple.  So outside of style and design choices the games functionaltiy is compromised when you can't see your recievers in the end zone, much less tell who you have selected since everything is black.  

I would think having teams be as accurate as you can make them given the limitations would be priority over what an editor would personally find boring.  I understand the need to compromise but is there not a way to do it without breaking the game?