What ROM version is used for the hacked ROMs?

OldSchoolGamer

We recently switched to this forum/download software so the section is currently highly unorganized.

Unless someone knows I'll have to get back to you. There was a release with Eric DIckerson on the Colts and then a re-release with Albert Bentley instead so it could denote this.

You might be interested in knowing this game was hacked to include 32 teams - http://tecmobowl.org/forum/topic/11955-4play-studios-presents-tecmo-bowl-32/

What Goodtools version of the (NES) Tecmo Bowl ROM is used for those hacked ROMs in the download section? Is it...

Tecmo Bowl (U) (PRG0) [!]

or

Tecmo Bowl (U) (PRG1) [!]

Also, do you know what the difference is between the two?

I'm with Knobbe - these different roms are the w/Dickerson and wo/Dickerson variants. I'm not sure which TT used for the rom though.

I'm with Knobbe - these different roms are the w/Dickerson and wo/Dickerson variants. I'm not sure which TT used for the rom though.

Also, the carts for these have different screw patterns on the back. I had the images long ago, but can't seem to find them. I think one had 3 and one had 4. Don't ask me which is which though.

I am only posting this because I know you are on the hunt for a PRG0.

Also, the carts for these have different screw patterns on the back. I had the images long ago, but can't seem to find them. I think one had 3 and one had 4. Don't ask me which is which though.

I never heard of a 5 screw Tecmo Bowl. I know of a back label variant. If you find one it could be worth some money.

I've check 3 Tecmo Bowl games PRG0 is the NES version and the PRG1 is the Famicom version. I know the Famicom version was released later because of the popularity of the NES version so that would explain the lack of Dickerson.

Thanks for the responses. My latter question has been answered regarding what the differences were between PRG0 and PRG1. But my first question still stands... regarding what PRG version are those hacked ROMs based off of?

Also, I read about BoKnow's website. I heard it had some good info. What is that web address of that site?

@Knobbe... is this recommended ROM hack http://tecmobowl.org...-tecmo-bowl-32/ the same ROM hack as this one? http://tecmobowl.org...o-hacks-v91nes/

Edited by OldSchoolGamer

Thanks for the responses. My latter question has been answered regarding what the differences were between PRG0 and PRG1. But my first question still stands... regarding what PRG version are those hacked ROMs based off of?

Also, I read about BoKnow's website. I heard it had some good info. What is that web address of that site?

@Knobbe... is this recommended ROM hack http://tecmobowl.org...-tecmo-bowl-32/ the same ROM hack as this one? http://tecmobowl.org...o-hacks-v91nes/

They should be one in the same.

I have no idea what any regular hack might be based off of. Is this important for some reason?

They should be one in the same.

I have no idea what any regular hack might be based off of. Is this important for some reason?

I wanted to know so if I decide to hack the game, I want to use the same ROM as everyone else... this way in case I run into any problems or whatever. For example, when hacking cheat codes for games... some games' cheat codes for PRG0 will not work on the PRG1 version and vice versa.

I wanted to know so if I decide to hack the game, I want to use the same ROM as everyone else... this way in case I run into any problems or whatever. For example, when hacking cheat codes for games... some games' cheat codes for PRG0 will not work on the PRG1 version and vice versa.

I'll run a rom compare later in the week...i'm guessing i'll find they are the same except for a roster change.

If you need an answer now, PRG1 is the common one.

I also read but can't confirm that the label for the Bentley version contains a -1 somewhere, indicating a revision?

Wasn't able to find the roms labeled that way specifically yet. If you have them, could you upload to speed the process up?

It's the Goodtools format. You are probably looking at No-Intro format. The No-Intro's (Rev A) = Goodtools's (PRG1)

There are 3 different ROMs for Tecmo Bowl.

In No-Intro format, they are:

• Tecmo Bowl (USA)

• Tecmo Bowl (USA) (Beta)

• Tecmo Bowl (USA) (Rev A)

In Goodtools format, they are:

• Tecmo Bowl (U) (PRG0) [!]

• Tecmo Bowl (U) (Prototype)

• Tecmo Bowl (U) (PRG1) [!]

Edited by OldSchoolGamer

OldSchool, the one we used to hack before the 32-team ROM is the one with Dickerson on it. Emuware's editors edit that version, though I don't think it matters because it's all just attribute data...in fact, Emuware's editor (and my old TBTool editor) also edit the Japanese version just fine.

If you want to hack the 32-Team version, shoot me an email and we can talk further. Buck and I were goign to release a ROM this year, but he ended up goign with the TSB Street ROM instead, so we have the players on their correct teams and stats entered, but none of the teams are rated.

That reminds me, I also need to get him the playhacking informatin so that we can fix the pat beach play...

OldSchool, the one we used to hack before the 32-team ROM is the one with Dickerson on it. Emuware's editors edit that version, though I don't think it matters because it's all just attribute data...in fact, Emuware's editor (and my old TBTool editor) also edit the Japanese version just fine.

If you want to hack the 32-Team version, shoot me an email and we can talk further. Buck and I were goign to release a ROM this year, but he ended up goign with the TSB Street ROM instead, so we have the players on their correct teams and stats entered, but none of the teams are rated.

That reminds me, I also need to get him the playhacking informatin so that we can fix the pat beach play...

P.S. The question you asked about our 4Play studios hack being the same, I don't think so, as I got a new hack from the man this year that has an "exhibition" mode so you can play vs. the CPU by picking teams without having to go through the schedule week by week.

travis, this can/will still happen! it just won't be this week, of course. maybe Mid-Season, huh? it will be a nice refreshing ROM after the smoke clears from these TSB ROMs anyways. and better late than never!

hook me up with those docs.