Tecmo Mud Bowl VI - Nov 3rd 2012

Jimmy1996

I would sure like to see some old hands turn out for this tournament. Knobbe can u help us round up several?

I can let people know but the Texas Louisiana border is a pretty tough draw. Twister might be close enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok guys looks like Brent is going to wimp out on us. We r ready for sum real competition for Mud Bowl VI. Can anyone knock the East Texas Boys off the Top of the Mountain?? Call 903-754-7257 for info. It's only $5.00 to play and u get a shot at a trophy and an official Barry Sanders autographed helmet. Dont miss out guys!!!

Ok guys looks like Brent is going to wimp out on us. We r ready for sum real competition for Mud Bowl VI. Can anyone knock the East Texas Boys off the Top of the Mountain?? Call 903-754-7257 for info. It's only $5.00 to play and u get a shot at a trophy and an official Barry Sanders autographed helmet. Dont miss out guys!!!

Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament!

TECMO MUD BOWL VI

Date: 11/3/2012 Saturday

Time: 9:30 A.M.

1120 W. Panola St.

Carthage, TX 75633

Cost to Play $5.00

Tournament is sponsored by the Carthage Twin Cinema

What you get for playing.. Mud Bowl Tournament T-Shirt, a Chance at winning the Tournament Trophy, a Chance at winning at Barry Sanders Autographed Helmet

Rules: This tournament is a World Cup Style Tournament! We will have a Round Robin followed by a Double Elimination Tournament. The game will be played on the Tecmo Super Bowl Original NES Game Cartridge.

Call (903) 754-7257 for more details... Ashman awaits a worthy opponent as he defends his Championship!!!

Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament!

TECMO MUD BOWL VI

Date: 11/3/2012 Saturday

Time: 9:30 A.M.

1120 W. Panola St.

Carthage, TX 75633

Cost to Play $5.00

Tournament is sponsored by the Carthage Twin Cinema

What you get for playing.. Mud Bowl Tournament T-Shirt, a Chance at winning the Tournament Trophy, a Chance at winning at Barry Sanders Autographed Helmet

Rules: This tournament is a World Cup Style Tournament! We will have a Round Robin followed by a Double Elimination Tournament. The game will be played on the Tecmo Super Bowl Original NES Game Cartridge.

Call (903) 754-7257 for more details... Ashman awaits a worthy opponent as he defends his Championship!!!

This was a triple elimination tournament and Brent aka bgboud lost two games pretty quick! After that... he never lost another game including beating me in the Super Bowl and ProBowl! Brent takes home the Lombardi and autographed Barry Sanders Helmet. All I got were broken dreams and a 2nd Place Trophy!!! Good Job Brent you OWNED us!!!

He breaks his leg when he loses! It's pretty fun to watch!! lol

Good thing I don't lose that often.

This was a triple elimination tournament and Brent aka bgboud lost two games pretty quick! After that... he never lost another game including beating me in the Super Bowl and ProBowl! Brent takes home the Lombardi and autographed Barry Sanders Helmet. All I got were broken dreams and a 2nd Place Trophy!!! Good Job Brent you OWNED us!!!

What a day. I had an NBC Turning Point moment when Jack aka CastAwayTecmo and Chad were jawing at each other during a game about who got screwed more by Tecmo and I was told by Jack to keep out, I hadn't won anything yet. Well I didn't lose another game after that, including two wins over Jack. More of a recap coming.

Edited by bgboud2

One game of pool play for seeding

Vs. David the Ashman the host who still posts as Jimmy1996 for some reason

He called Bucs/Chargers...I think I took p1 and he chose Chargers/p2. A key play was him getting sacked for a safety at the end of the half as the creamsicle was tough to see against the pink endzone...29-7 final I think.

Bracket Play

1) vs. Jimmy (not to be confused with David the Ashman who posts as Jimmy)

I called Cowboys/Cardinals and he took Cowboys/p2. I don't recall how this game went early but had the feeling I should've put it away. Tied at 14, I was in position for a FG. Fumble. OT. He won the toss. After quite a methodical drive, I blocked the potential game winning FG, but getting in position for my own, FUMBLE. We got to double OT. He won the toss again. Somehow I made a stop and somehow I lost anohter fumble. Whatever double OT is, this took into the 2nd Q of anohter game and after another stop I finally broke some runs for the winning TD.

2) vs. ? friend of Jack. Not sure how much Tecmo experience he had but if he played Jack a lot that's pretty good.

I called Jets/Steelers. He chose Steelers/p2.

He slung it with Brister, a recipe for disaster, and I ran away with it.

3) vs. Jack

He called Bucs/Chargers. I took p1. He chose Bucs/p2. I forced a punt on the first drive...he got a fumble. Both sides had a lot of called plays. Unfortunately for the Chargers, that means more INTs than it does for the Bucs. I think I threw 4 with Vlasic. I lost 10-7.

4) vs. Chad(bayouboy) of SWLA. I think he taps slightly faster than me, only one at this tourney who could, so I chose to make it a CC matchup when I won the toss. I called Rams/Dolphins. He chose Dolphins/p2. First drive he ran all day and even though I thought I put my man defender in position to contain runs there always seemed to be a lane. With the game tied 7-7 late in the 2nd Q, he just barely fit in a dive pass from the redgun for a TD on third down. On the first drive of the second half, I suffered a called play interception by a defensive lineman leading to a 21-7 lead and ultimately a 28-14 win.

TURNING POINT

5) VS. Chad for an elimination game. After losing with the passing teams, I chose to go for a low-teir matchup...I called Packers/Saints. He chose Saints/p2. Majkowski ran...Sterling Sharpe was exploitable vs. the Saints DB1 and DB3. I took a 14-0 lead but Chad kept it close and I had to punt up 21-14 in the 4th Q. With all kinds of background advice about what players to substitute for the best JJ attempt, I survived it and won. Chad was KO'd

6) vs. Jimmy for an elimination game. I called Cardinals/Falcons. He chose Falcons/p2. Well he had Rison at RB but never used it and often chucked to Thomas and Wilkins. I won, forgot score.

At this point, the way this triple-elimination bracket worked, I'm facing off against the top two of David and Jack who would play to the end once I'm done. Problem for David and Jack...I was just getting started.

7) Vs. David

He called Rams/Redskins. I chose Rams/p2. Dave started JJ interceptable Stan Hupmhries. I didn't score easily at first and had to methodically drive for it. A bad Everett was enough for a good Ellard.

8 ) vs. Jack

I called Bengals/Chiefs. He chose Chiefs/p2. He drove easily with the passing game of my called runs for his first 14 points. It took me some 4th down conversions and some close call completions to go for my first 14 points. I took a 21-14 lead to start the second half...he took a FG on 4th and goal. Still I faced a 4th down at midfield and it wasn't worth the risk to me to kick against Derrick Thoma and I had an excellent Holman. It didn't work out and Jack got in position to score a winning TD. He took his shots, but the last play that mattered was a pass to McNair that was had Fulcher closing in on the game-clinching INT.

9) vs. David

I called Bears/Chiefs. He chose Bears/p2. Dave, under no influcence, thought Woolford was the best bears DB. He did alright when he finally used Carrier, but that was too late.

10) vs. Jack

I called Browns/Saints. He chose p1. I chose Saints/p2. I was returned two Tecmo favors in this one. I drove methodically and went up 7-0. Jack drove but lost a fumble. While I was driving again, Jack won a rare defensive grapple that forced a fumble, but I recovered it and ran for the first. Later, I was ready to settle for a FG. It was blocked, picked up by Morten Andersen, and run for the TD, to make up for the opposite thing happening to me in Madison. Up 14-0, I held on to win 28-14.

11) vs. David

He called Colts/Browns. A little background here...In the SWLA tourney earlier this year I lost to Dave in the same matchup. He JJ bombed me with Trudeau. I lost a fumble and couldn't get my own JJ/CCs to work with QB Browns and wound up losing by 7. He/I joked that he was saving that for last, and he did. Nevertheless, I chose Browns/p2. I brought out both the motion down runs in slot 1 and 2 and methodically drove for a 14-0 lead. The Trudeau JJ bombs, for the most part, didn't fall this time, and I held on for a 24-10 win.

12) VS. David PRO BOWL. Dave as NFCp1. For an autographed Barry Sanders mini-helmet. I made a stop. He got an INT. I stopped him 4th and goal at the 1. He got another INT and then got the TD pass. BUT, I hit a deep TD pass to tie at the end of the half since the NFC has low INT Darrell Green up top, and that got exploited all second half with a little Bo Jackon mixed in.

And that's all for tonight. I typed this while watching Bama LSU.

Edited by bgboud2