UCLA (editor's choice)

Ohio St.

Harvard (orv)

St. Joe's (orv)

Green Bay (orv)

Oklahoma St (editor's choice)

Marquette (editor's choice)

Stephen F. Austin

I'm just filling in names and defaulting rankings/scoring/etc to 1 for now.  I'll fix that shit later...I also have to do a ton of uniforms...time for a break!

Should we wait until final tournament seeding is announced before moving forward? That way we include the Top 25 teams and the remaining can be filled with editor's choice + top 25 outliers that made the tourney...

Or, should we just stick with the list we have maybe tweaking a few teams. Ohio State is in now in the top 25, for instance.  

seedings sunday. top 6 seeds should be in (24 tms), if they are on your list, we are set. i vote to use old roms rosters. there is site that ranks the 32 tourney teams.....we can fill tje greats with some of the back ups since they wont be in tourne(ie ark 95 would be fla 14) miami 14 would use 6 back ups frpm 2 of the 32 95 teams. make since?

I don't get what you mean by backups. I was just making a spreadsheet of the top 32 and final 8 teams and then find where their uniforms could be shared and shuffle them around. Then I was going to use original ROM rosters to find out the best teams and match them up with current 2014 teams best we could

I'll definitely solicit help with that process.

• 4 weeks later...

The core ROM stuff happened and I have some editing spreadsheets setup to assist but I got real caught up in what teams to include (top 25 vs. tourney participants) and I let it slip. I just need to decide on a plan and do it next time. After my RBI ROM is finished I'd consider picking it up.

Could also do a preseason ROM for next year.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Just now, TecmoTurd said:

I wouldn't say VERY dead. I have plans. I just need time. I have a start on the editor, I just need my other projects to die down. I ain't promising but I certainly want to finish this project and do an online tourney next March!

Dude, it's been 4 years. It's okay. Our hearts were broken and we moved on. ;)

Coach K is still an awesome and viable Genesis basketball game.  I would play the heck out of a good update.  

32 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

I have access to Kenpom.com so putting together year end teams with names and attributes wouldn't be a huge problem

On 5/12/2016 at 8:04 PM, TecmoTurd said:

Lol. I know. I know. I have the code still active on my laptop. I won't post anymore about it so I don't get anyone's hopes up ;)

Hey yo.... sorry I've been MIA.  I have crap piled on crap life problems as of late.  Nothing serious, but time is non existent as of this last year.   Hopefully Summer will bring change as I have things to complete as far as editing.  Any help I can give just let me know.  I hope we can get this editor up and running.   My hacking skills are 100x better than they were when we first tinkered with this gem.  

Edited by drunken_honkey