Tomczak Bowl V - 12/8/12 - Waterloo, IA, Expanded to 56 People. More Welcome to Join.

Beef Juice

Is the date set for sure yet?

Yes, we are for sure doing 12/8/12.

I would be interested, I tried link but did not work to register?

The link seems to be working fine. I would try it again if you can.

quick question is there a cash payout? thanks.

No cash payout. We do plan to have some sort of trophy though. In the past we asked everyone to chip in money to cover the cost of beer and the bar either gave us our own keg or last year we got a set amount of drink chips that could be redeemed for pitchers of beer. It's never been more than 15-20 bucks each and I've yet to see us run out of beer before the tourney ended. The money also covers what the bar charges us to hold the tourney there.

Another note about the start time. We usually try to start by 1pm and ask that folks try to get there by noon if they can.

I know a couple guys that may be interested....they love playing Tecmo and drinking, however game skills are not too good and that's stating it nicely. Any skill set invited????

Oh totally. We've got guys that play every year knowing they'll be bounced right away and then they'll just hang out and drink and have a good time. Who knows, maybe they'll put the shocking upset too.

Click on the registration link above and on the right there is a list of registrants. FYI

Yeah I've been updating that page every few days when needed. We're up to 22 registered. I think we'll reach 32 no problem.

I'm in!

Let me know if you still want to carpool. I'll probably leave early that morning. I'm open to either driving back that night or staying. Still trying to recruit another guy or two to come along. The Tahoe seats 4 very comfortably. I'm just hoping the roads are decent.

I just found out that Waterloo is the birthplace of Dolphin/Tecmo great Reggie Roby, so needless to say I'm pumped!

Let me know if you still want to carpool. I'll probably leave early that morning. I'm open to either driving back that night or staying. Still trying to recruit another guy or two to come along. The Tahoe seats 4 very comfortably. I'm just hoping the roads are decent.

I just found out that Waterloo is the birthplace of Dolphin/Tecmo great Reggie Roby, so needless to say I'm pumped!

My sister lives in Des Moines as well. I'm not sure if it's the ride up or the ride back that will be the killer considering the payout, regardless of placement, is booze.

OK more information to report.

We've got our entry fees figured out. It'll be $15 to play and you'll pay at the event. Each paid participant will receive two free drink tokens for the bar. I am also told that from 3-7 there will be 2 for 1 drink specials. Part of your entry money will also be used for a cash payout prize. So along with the sweet trophy we'll have for the winner, you could walk away with some extra cash in your pocket too.

With 29 people already registered it's looking more and more likely that we're going to exceed 32 people. If that's the case the tournament will be capped at 48 people and will change to a pool play format. The top 2 in each pool will then move on to a single elimination bracket.

As far as start time nothing official has been set yet but I'm telling folks to plan to be at the bar by noon.

Also if you listed that you can bring equipment we may email you in the coming month to see if you can bring your gear for us or not.

Quick update. A friend of ours is going to work on building a trophy for the winner. This should be cool as it'll be an original design, not your standard trophy shop award. If I can get photos of it finished before the event I'll post them.

Well that didn't take long. We're at 48 now, which means any further registrations will be put on a waiting list. Please don't let this discourage you from signing up. If the Waiting List gets big enough we will consider expanding to 56.

Well that didn't take long. We're at 48 now, which means any further registrations will be put on a waiting list. Please don't let this discourage you from signing up. If the Waiting List gets big enough we will consider expanding to 56.

Also there's always the chance someone backs out.