Darrell Green...the Tecmo Legend

I could have posted this in ANY of the Tecmobowl threads because he was great in all of them. Another "TOTAL PACKAGE" player who you can use to shut down the whole field vs opponents...one of the fastest and most unbelievable players I'v ever used or seen, and can take it to the HOUSE at any moment, on any kick return.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

one of the fastest and most unbelievable players I'v ever used or seen, and can take it to the HOUSE at any moment, on any kick return.

Darrell Green only had one KO ret in his whole career! For 9 total yards!!!! As far as taking it to the house....... 1 TD, the one they showed in the video clip. He was a great shutdown corner. Return man, not so much. Stats don't lie! A guy named Brian Mitchell did all the returning, unless we're talking the video game world???? :???:

Darrell Green only had one KO ret in his whole career! For 9 total yards!!!! As far as taking it to the house....... 1 TD, the one they showed in the video clip. He was a great shutdown corner. Return man, not so much. Stats don't lie! A guy named Brian Mitchell did all the returning, unless we're talking the video game world???? :???:

With that particular line, I meant Tecmobowl......because he's one of the best in the game.......as for Brian Mitchell, I have him punt returning.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I beat my cousin this weekend by a TD...and Darrell Green was the reason why.  He had a forced fumble, and a picc, and almost completely shut down Ernest Givens........a 'TRU' lockdown corner.  I challenge anybody to name somebody better in that position, in any version of Tecmobowl.

I've heard legend of the TSB "curse of Darrell Green" - doomed to wander all across the earth, but never getting an interception!

(credit knobbe)

LOL

Darrell can zoom around the field and catch up to every pass, but alas he will never know the feeling of holding a pigskin......

LOL

Darrell can zoom around the field and catch up to every pass, but alas he will never know the feeling of holding a pigskin......

You want him to hold the ball, just play the original Tecmobowl, or the 1st Super Nintendo one.........but in this game, he just plays the role of shutdown corner better than anyone else...............and no, in THIS GAME, Deion can't hold his jock strap!  As much as I like Prime Time, he plays UNDER his stats, and if you get a pick, (which is rare) he runs like a dump truck.

TB king remove these lines from your vocabulary

" he plays under his stats"

"He plays over his stats"

Its an 8bit player not a real human. they play exactly to their stats. Its like trying to say 1+1=3

LOL

In Tecmo Superbowl Bruddawg........1+1 more often than not, does equal 3...................and another thing o' Tecmo Sultan of Sultans, explain to me why Deion's stats say he's one of the fastest and most athletic players in Tecmo Superbowl, yet when you scoop up a fumble or get a pick with the guy, he's as slow as a turtle...........???  Please........... explain.  I'm sure you have some mathmatic explination.

In Tecmo Superbowl Bruddawg........1+1 more often than not, does equal 3...................and another thing o' Tecmo Sultan of Sultans, explain to me why Deion's stats say he's one of the fastest and most athletic players in Tecmo Superbowl, yet when you scoop up a fumble or get a pick with the guy, he's as slow as a turtle...........???  Please........... explain.  I'm sure you have some mathmatic explination.

There is.

I'll let Bruddog lay that one on you,

I'm gonna lose you here but here goes...

1. There is a bug in the programming and the players aren't returning at their maximum speed value they are returning the ball at the speed 

of a 6ms player. It won't just be deion but any defender. Lonnie is a special case because of his 69RS which actually equals 19ms so he runs ints back a bit faster. 

The exception to a slow return is a picked play and a drone defender is the one to make the interception or fumble recovery. in this case their attributes will have been massively boosted. However DB's attributes are not boosted on picked pass plays. 

2. Since you are returning against the offense you are returning against an entire defense with 38 rs and 69rp. THe 69 rushign power makes that a lethal defense to return against. It would be like returning against 11 excellent lawrence taylors. 

I'm gonna lose you here but here goes...

1. There is a bug in the programming and the players aren't returning at their maximum speed value they are returning the ball at the speed 

of a 6ms player. It won't just be deion but any defender. Lonnie is a special case because of his 69RS which actually equals 19ms so he runs ints back a bit faster. 

The exception to a slow return is a picked play and a drone defender is the one to make the interception or fumble recovery. in this case their attributes will have been massively boosted. However DB's attributes are not boosted on picked pass plays. 

2. Since you are returning against the offense you are returning against an entire defense with 38 rs and 69rp. THe 69 rushign power makes that a lethal defense to return against. It would be like returning against 11 excellent lawrence taylors. 

Well said.  Point taken.  Lonnie Young is the man because of that...alwayz knew he was better, just never knew or cared why...good to know...but the fact of the matter is, knowing why a player is better is nice, but either way, a good player is still gonna be good if you know how to use them.  Did I lose you???  Ha hA Ha. 

Edited by ~Tailback King~

I thought I read some where on picked pass plays DB's attributes bump up two notches

• 3 weeks later...

Green was a great player in TSB (and real life), though I never really gave him his due in TSB. Probably cuz my cous from BK used to love the '91 Redskins and I would repeatedly torch Green (when he used him) with Rice and Sanders. I remember putting up 262 yds on him with Barry the first time I used him. 

I used to be a boss at this game.

Green was a great player in TSB (and real life), though I never really gave him his due in TSB. Probably cuz my cous from BK used to love the '91 Redskins and I would repeatedly torch Green (when he used him) with Rice and Sanders. I remember putting up 262 yds on him with Barry the first time I used him. 

I used to be a boss at this game.

I'm starting to realize JUST HOW GOOD Darrell Green is in MAN vs MAN competition.........If the Redskins had a stellar QB instead of Rypien, they'd be a top tier team.