The 'REAL' Curt Warner & the Seahawks.....

~Tailback King~

You digress??? Who are you.........the worlds most interesting man??? I'm 30,,, and I got NFL Season yearbooks for all the oldschool runningbacks I used to look up to...I can get spazzed out whenever the **** I want. You tellin' me that I can't run circles around opposing defenses doesn't make you look smart, or mature.....It just makes you look like you suck at the game. When I'm Dickerson or Curt Warner, I can break through blitzes with presise timing, so If I'm playing an opponent, (depending on what team they are) just because they pick my play, doesn't alwayz mean they got me. Tecmobowl 1 is like tic tac toe, everybody thinks there good at it. But It's how well you know your players and the little angles that make someone really good. In sayin' that, I really don't care what you think. Boasting and braggin' about how good you are in the game is half the fun of it.......I'ma keep on posting highlights & my opinion because I love this game, and you can respond.......or don't.

haters gonna hate. i love your threads.

From now on, nobody reply to tailback's post. When he creates his next thread about how Steve Walsh is better than Joe Montana and Dan Marino, for no reason, don't reply. It has to be a bit. There cannot actually be a guy that think like him. I'm guessing a troll or double user playing a prank. I don't think he's real. Someone check his ip address against other members and see if there is a double.

ZOMG!!!! SOMEONE'S OPINION IS DIFFERENT THAN YOURS ON THE INTERNET!!!!! The nerve!

The rankings Matt linked to are old, but Seattle sits at 7th right now. Fredd Young dominates on defense, but their abysmal kicking game...especially piss poor punter really sinks them. The offense overall is ok, but really doesn't dominate in either the pass or the run.

The good news for Seattle is that in most games they put together a drive where they look unstoppable but overall their play book is so-so and they can be defended quite well on 3rd and long with a trifecta call.

Largent is easy to eliminate by calling pass 1, which creates computer controlled coverage on pass 2 and the top DB covers Largent all day. The only targets open are very close to each other. Curt Warner is a pretty average RB as far as Tecmo Bowl is concerned, so you can key on the pass a bit more than against other teams.

The lesson, as always, is that no one knows their stuff like Tecmo-Mad-Brad when it comes to the orig Tecmo Bowl. Site is awesome.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
That's real Talk.

Except that Eric Dickerson is NOT the greatest player in Tecmo history.

And I'm gonna ride with Brad as far Seattle in Temco (Original) is concerned.

I gotta say over the last year or so, I'm REALLY loving me some Tecmo Eric Dickerson.  He has repeatedly torched the middle tier defenses.  Even when they had the right defender and right call.  Dickerson has equal ratings to Walter Payton, so he's got game.  His initial and acceleration are better than Bo, just doesn't have quite the top speed.  That helps him a lot with the jukes occasionally against the caliber Young, Mecklenberg, and Offerdahl.  Of the TB franchise he's not the best player of all, BUT he one of the most important players to his team...at least in the original TB.

I do recall when we didn't know what we were doing on defense many years ago, Seattle's offense was really hard to stop.  But we were basically trying to playpick most every team in the game, so offenses ruled the roost.  That was pre-computer coverage knowledge days.  Perhaps TK is playing with SEA against a bunch of bums.  

As for Seattle ranking at 7th, that's not as bad of a position as it sounds.  The difference is razor thin with #6 Denver.  SEA/DEN possess very similar playbooks...especially how you defend them, and both have weak kicking games.  Damn near a push...minimal advantages for Denver here and there.  Cleveland (5th) holds a somewhat slim edge on them as well basically because Kevin Mack is no match for Fredd Young.  CLE's playbook is really hard to defend though, and they have a really good punter, decent kicker, and great Kick returner.  Special teams/field position advantages are always huge in my book.   

Indy(4th) is where the big separation finally shows up.  Indy has really TRUCKED SEA in recent games.  Indy's playbook is phenomenal, and they have a massive kicking/punting edge.  You can abandon strong side run and try to use Fredd vs Dickerson straight up trying to make diving tackles and just call pass plays.  Problem is E.D. is going to go crazy with yards in that match-up if you try that.

As for the top 3, of NYG, SF, CHI.  SEA has to play stupid good to beat any of those.  It's been done, but overall its pretty rare.       

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

I never realized that Payton and Dickerson had the same ratings, I always just assumed Payton was better. Maybe it's just me or a personal thing. For one game, if I had to choose one to start for I'd have to go with Sweetness.

As far as Seattle I'd have to agree. I'm more TSB SNES guy, so your inner knowledge of Tecmo Bowl is superior to mine. But I just can't see the Seahawks hanging with the Niners, Bears or Giants. I feel if you have 2 people who really know the game and one plays with one of those 3 and the other the Seahawks, I couldn't go with the Seahwks. I mean I could be wrong but I can't argue your #7 slot. Some may say higher some say lower, but I would have to agree they're not one of the elite.

• 4 weeks later...

Besides the fact that they shoulda' made Kenny Easley WAY better.......Seattle is STACKED, and very underrated.  I don't see how people can say they're not in the Top 5.  Curt Warner is one of the premier backs in the game & can do more than hold his own vs any team.  Dave Krieg has Steve Largent & John L. Williams to throw to........not to mention their defense with Fredd Young, Brian Bosworth, and Jacob Green...........Name a team in this game, and I'll give you a reason why Seattle can hang with um'