The 'REAL' Curt Warner & the Seahawks.....

~Tailback King~

......got to be one of the best all around teams in this game. Curt Warner was my first favorite player in my life and one of the main reasons I wanted to be a football player. The first time I ever beat the game was with The Seahawks (or Knights???) Curt was one of the best players in the game, and he had to be, because there were games that I'd never pass........but still get victories. You know that first car you learned to drive on that always has a special place in your heart???........Well that's Curt Warner for me. Although his knee injuries cut his career short, he was truly great.

• 2 weeks later...

Seattle is my favorite team on the game. Decent playbook, fast RB, good return game, and Fredd Freakin' Young. Yeah, I choose this team the most when playing.

Tailback, you interested in playing a game online sometime?

I don't know how....I need an emulator, I think???

Edited by ~Tailback King~

I perfer the Curt Warner with a "K". He bagged groceries. And ran the greatest show on turf. He prolly can't remember doing it, thanks to those "Saints", but he was pretty dope.

The greatest show on turf??? Hardley. I put money on the 87' Seahawks over the 2000' Rams.......Dave Krieg vs Kurt (the fake) Warner & Marshall Faulk vs (the real deal) Curt Warner.........Yeah, it would be guttsy, but I'll take that bet. Players were tougher back then.

The greatest show on turf??? Hardley. I put money on the 87' Seahawks over the 2000' Rams.......Dave Krieg vs Kurt (the fake) Warner & Marshall Faulk vs (the real deal) Curt Warner.........Yeah, it would be guttsy, but I'll take that bet. Players were tougher back then.

If you're talking about beginning of the season Rams before Warner was lost of the year, no way they lose to a middling '87 Seahawks team in a dome. If we're talking about an outside game at the end of the year, the Seahawks might have a better than average chance.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay. I now question the validity of Tailback's personal knowledge of our beloved games. Seattle in the original was not that good. Now, i know that only puts them at 12th at best (and they most certainly are not 12th) but they are just not that good. 7th tops. I think we've established this before. Truthfully, i got to give it up though - Seattle is probably my favorite team on the original as well. Minnesota was alright, but that particular year was not good for my favorite NFL teams. Only three made it to the playoffs (hence were in the game), and they mostly sucked for real and in the game.

Seattle was in the middle tier of teams with Denver...SEA had a great playbook, fast heavy hitting RB, good special teams, and Fredd Young. They were a QB away from being a top tier team...

Seattle is my favorite TB team hands down.

And Minnesota? Really? With that playbook?

Edited by TecmoTurd

Okay. I now question the validity of Tailback's personal knowledge of our beloved games. Seattle in the original was not that good. Now, i know that only puts them at 12th at best (and they most certainly are not 12th) but they are just not that good. 7th tops. I think we've established this before. Truthfully, i got to give it up though - Seattle is probably my favorite team on the original as well. Minnesota was alright, but that particular year was not good for my favorite NFL teams. Only three made it to the playoffs (hence were in the game), and they mostly sucked for real and in the game.

BULLSH!T..........They ARE one of the best teams! Dave Krieg was an average to good QB...but, he had Steve Largent to throw to, which made up for his slower passes...Fredd Young is one of the best Linebackers in the game, who can shut down a whole offense by himself. He's right up there with Taylor & Singletary (you don't know who Fredd Young is, that's YOUR lack of knowledge, not mine) Young can also block every kick...Bobby Joe Edmonds can take kickoffs to the house at anytime, (I had 3 TD's in one half with him).....and Curt Warner is one of the best runningbacks in the game, hands down.......now I don't know about you, or what the hell you think, or how you play, but with all those stars in the key positions like the Seahawks have them, they make for one of the BEST TEAMS IN THE GAME.....Don't question my personal knowledge. Worry about yours, because I GUARANTEE I know more about football than you do.

Everyone with Tecmo Bowl Tatoos please step forward....

http://tecmobowl.org/forum/topic/2892-rate-the-12-teams-from-the-original-88-tb-on-nes/page__hl__rankings#entry29831

I'm going to side with Tecmo-Mad-Brad and say they're outside of the top.

His site is a definite must-see in terms of the original Tecmo Bowl -> http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/

Tailback has got to be a former member from years past??? He sounds a lot like Marcules? or Rushy Da Rabbit? We must start a formal enquiry. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I wish I was..........then I wouldn't have missed the North West tournament last June...I'll be at the next one, you can bet on that.

BULLSH!T..........They ARE one of the best teams! Dave Krieg was an average to good QB...but, he had Steve Largent to throw to, which made up for his slower passes...Fredd Young is one of the best Linebackers in the game, who can shut down a whole offense by himself. He's right up there with Taylor & Singletary (you don't know who Fredd Young is, that's YOUR lack of knowledge, not mine) Young can also block every kick...Bobby Joe Edmonds can take kickoffs to the house at anytime, (I had 3 TD's in one half with him).....and Curt Warner is one of the best runningbacks in the game, hands down.......now I don't know about you, or what the hell you think, or how you play, but with all those stars in the key positions like the Seahawks have them, they make for one of the BEST TEAMS IN THE GAME.....Don't question my personal knowledge. Worry about yours, because I GUARANTEE I know more about football than you do.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy? Or are you gonna bite?

You must be like 14 or something. Only preteens or young teens make pointless boasts like that and are proud of them. Are you proud of yourself? Cause i don't think anyone else is. Pretty pointless to "guarantee" you know more than anybody about anything in the time of the internet.

While your point retains some validity due to the fact that that particular year Seattle must've been ONE of the best - they made the playoffs; they were apparently FAR from the best because they lost their only playoff game. Nor did they even get into the playoffs with the best record. Now Tecmo uses an amalgamation for the roster construction, but the key players remained the same. And those key players are really not that bad. But to say Fredd-d-d-d is better than say, LT. Or Largent is better than say, Jerry Rice - that's downright idiotic. And both of those hold true either in the game or for real, take your pick. I don't think you're gonna find anybody outside of some homer who's going to say Largent was a better receiver than Rice. Or Fredd-d-d-d was a better LB then LT. THAT is what makes your statement invalid. Scratch that. ... Both statements. Because if you believe this than your "guarantee" is also invalid.

If proof was needed - you could use your "best" team against anyone elses best team (and i believe most of us would pick the Bears, Giants, 49ers or Browns; perhaps even the Raiders) and i'm 99.994% assured you'd receive the beat down. Every time.

Edited by Stadawim

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy? Or are you gonna bite?

You must be like 14 or something. Only preteens or young teens make pointless boasts like that and are proud of them. Are you proud of yourself? Cause i don't think anyone else is. Pretty pointless to "guarantee" you know more than anybody about anything in the time of the internet.

While your point retains some validity due to the fact that that particular year Seattle must've been ONE of the best - they made the playoffs; they were apparently FAR from the best because they lost their only playoff game. Nor did they even get into the playoffs with the best record. Now Tecmo uses an amalgamation for the roster construction, but the key players remained the same. And those key players are really not that bad. But to say Fredd-d-d-d is better than say, LT. Or Largent is better than say, Jerry Rice - that's downright idiotic. And both of those hold true either in the game or for real, take your pick. I don't think you're gonna find anybody outside of some homer who's going to say Largent was a better receiver than Rice. Or Fredd-d-d-d was a better LB then LT. THAT is what makes your statement invalid. Scratch that. ... Both statements. Because if you believe this than your "guarantee" is also invalid.

If proof was needed - you could use your "best" team against anyone elses best team (and i believe most of us would pick the Bears, Giants, 49ers or Browns; perhaps even the Raiders) and i'm 99.994% assured you'd receive the beat down. Every time.

Ha hA Ha......a beat down huh. You sayin' that the Browns or the Raiders can hold a candle to the Seahawks in Tecmobowl I just proves that you don't know what your talkin' about. Mack, Gerald McNeal, Kosar, Jackson, & Allen are stars of their respective teams, but I as a player would run circles around those defenses. I never said Fredd Young and Steve Largent were better than Lawrence Taylor or Jerry Rice, I said they're right up with them....(in the game)....cuzz they are. And another thing, just because the internet exists, doesn't mean a sh!t. Anybody can look stuff up on the internet, but not everybody can say they grew up in that era (of Tecmobowl) and actually watched games, and watched those players really perform. I can. So if you still think that the internet can show & tell you everthing you need to know about an 88' game, then you validated my point...............I still guarantee that I know a hell of a lot more about football than you. {p.s. I don't know where UES is, and I don't play on line, but the Northwest Tournament is on the 23rd of June next year, and if you come, I'll be happy to show you a few pointers}

Edited by ~Tailback King~

The rankings Matt linked to are old, but Seattle sits at 7th right now. Fredd Young dominates on defense, but their abysmal kicking game...especially piss poor punter really sinks them. The offense overall is ok, but really doesn't dominate in either the pass or the run.

The good news for Seattle is that in most games they put together a drive where they look unstoppable but overall their play book is so-so and they can be defended quite well on 3rd and long with a trifecta call.

Largent is easy to eliminate by calling pass 1, which creates computer controlled coverage on pass 2 and the top DB covers Largent all day. The only targets open are very close to each other. Curt Warner is a pretty average RB as far as Tecmo Bowl is concerned, so you can key on the pass a bit more than against other teams.

From now on, nobody reply to tailback's post. When he creates his next thread about how Steve Walsh is better than Joe Montana and Dan Marino, for no reason, don't reply. It has to be a bit. There cannot actually be a guy that think like him. I'm guessing a troll or double user playing a prank. I don't think he's real. Someone check his ip address against other members and see if there is a double.

Ha hA Ha......a beat down huh. You sayin' that the Browns or the Raiders can hold a candle to the Seahawks in Tecmobowl I just proves that you don't know what your talkin' about. Mack, Gerald McNeal, Kosar, Jackson, & Allen are stars of their respective teams, but I as a player would run circles around those defenses. I never said Fredd Young and Steve Largent were better than Lawrence Taylor or Jerry Rice, I said they're right up with them....(in the game)....cuzz they are. And another thing, just because the internet exists, doesn't mean a sh!t. Anybody can look stuff up on the internet, but not everybody can say they grew up in that era (of Tecmobowl) and actually watched games, and watched those players really perform. I can. So if you still think that the internet can show & tell you everthing you need to know about an 88' game, then you validated my point...............I still guarantee that I know a hell of a lot more about football than you. {p.s. I don't know where UES is, and I don't play on line, but the Northwest Tournament is on the 23rd of June next year, and if you come, I'll be happy to show you a few pointers}

Dude. You rock. You take me back to a time on these boards before every topic started involved roms or hacking roms or new roms or something involving roms. I thank you for that. It's cool chatting old school cartage.

That being said, if you sign just one of these posts with "cuz that is how bad i am" we will all know who you are...

I digress. Not the intent of my post here. You proved my point by reiterating "anybody can look shit up on the internet". So any and every body can be armchair experts. I'm again 99.994% sure haven't grown up with these players and watched them in action. Mostly because i'm 100% sure you haven't grown up at all. If you are that old, why are you ranting off on a message board 'guaranteeing' this and boasting that? And why get all spazzed out about it?

Time and time again with game after game of Tecmo Bowl (if you have in fact played it) any of us who have played can tell you, there is no "running around" defenses in that game. It just doesn't work that way. Most times these games with good players will probably end in a grueling 6-3 all-field-goal match because the game is just that unforgiving. Hell, you'd probably be lucky to see a score that high. Show me some pointers? I can say this with confidence and no arrogance - there is nothing you can show me that i have not seen or done with this game.

"Grew up in that era"... Shee-yit I still have some of those games on videotape. WITH a few NFL PrimeTimes thrown in.

From now on, nobody reply to tailback's post. When he creates his next thread about how Steve Walsh is better than Joe Montana and Dan Marino, for no reason, don't reply. It has to be a bit. There cannot actually be a guy that think like him. I'm guessing a troll or double user playing a prank. I don't think he's real. Someone check his ip address against other members and see if there is a double.

You must not know me real well.....the only post I'v ever done about a QB is Randall Cuninngham. How bout you don't respond, because you kinda seem ta succ, & never have anything interesting to add anyway.

Dude. You rock. You take me back to a time on these boards before every topic started involved roms or hacking roms or new roms or something involving roms. I thank you for that. It's cool chatting old school cartage.

That being said, if you sign just one of these posts with "cuz that is how bad i am" we will all know who you are...

I digress. Not the intent of my post here. You proved my point by reiterating "anybody can look shit up on the internet". So any and every body can be armchair experts. I'm again 99.994% sure haven't grown up with these players and watched them in action. Mostly because i'm 100% sure you haven't grown up at all. If you are that old, why are you ranting off on a message board 'guaranteeing' this and boasting that? And why get all spazzed out about it?

Time and time again with game after game of Tecmo Bowl (if you have in fact played it) any of us who have played can tell you, there is no "running around" defenses in that game. It just doesn't work that way. Most times these games with good players will probably end in a grueling 6-3 all-field-goal match because the game is just that unforgiving. Hell, you'd probably be lucky to see a score that high. Show me some pointers? I can say this with confidence and no arrogance - there is nothing you can show me that i have not seen or done with this game.

"Grew up in that era"... Shee-yit I still have some of those games on videotape. WITH a few NFL PrimeTimes thrown in.

You digress??? Who are you.........the worlds most interesting man??? I'm 30,,, and I got NFL Season yearbooks for all the oldschool runningbacks I used to look up to...I can get spazzed out whenever the **** I want. You tellin' me that I can't run circles around opposing defenses doesn't make you look smart, or mature.....It just makes you look like you suck at the game. When I'm Dickerson or Curt Warner, I can break through blitzes with presise timing, so If I'm playing an opponent, (depending on what team they are) just because they pick my play, doesn't alwayz mean they got me. Tecmobowl 1 is like tic tac toe, everybody thinks there good at it. But It's how well you know your players and the little angles that make someone really good. In sayin' that, I really don't care what you think. Boasting and braggin' about how good you are in the game is half the fun of it.......I'ma keep on posting highlights & my opinion because I love this game, and you can respond.......or don't.