Kevin MACK.

~Tailback King~

Another Tecmo Legend that defines the definition of the word HITTING POWER. Kevin Mack was the 'ORIGINAL' Tecmo bulldozer. Most Tecmobowl veterans & greats like me have all played that season game vs the Dolphins.........Talk about EXPLOITING a teams weakness. If your a beginer or a rookie, go ahead.....try a season with Cleveland. Then mark on your calender with a red 'X' the day you play Miami (I know you can't but it sounds good) and you might have the greatest & most entertaining season game memory of your life! (p.s. If Christian has a shirt that says 'Nigerian Nightmare', then Kevin needs a shirt that says 'MACK TRUCK'...seriously.)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JjKF2a14S0

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Mack does kill the Dolphins. They must have a host of weak defenders because if he gets out in the open they are doomed, and he popcorns em....especially the ones that dive at him with weak power ratings. Does it against Dallas to an extent as well.

Despite Mack's slow speed he breaks off a decent amount of long runs when we play. We call lots of pass to stop that offense and bank on diving tackles to stop Mack, but occasionally a miss and he destroys a weak secondary.

Mack does kill the Dolphins. They must have a host of weak defenders because if he gets out in the open they are doomed, and he popcorns em....especially the ones that dive at him with weak power ratings. Does it against Dallas to an extent as well.

Despite Mack's slow speed he breaks off a decent amount of long runs when we play. We call lots of pass to stop that offense and bank on diving tackles to stop Mack, but occasionally a miss and he destroys a weak secondary.

Ha hA Ha........"He Popcorns UM!!!!!!!".......That's one of the funniest & accurate descriptions of Mack I ever heard.....you keep on mentioning popcorn, Heyward might show up.

I used to really think the world of Mack....That whole 1985-1988 Browns team under Schotteniheimer was an amazing team. I liked Earnest Byner too, even though he is remembered as a fumbler, he was great with the Redskins, who turned him to good use. Injuries just ruined that team, not only Mack but Kosar too. They should have kept Marty to keep building that team, man they looked lost out there without him, getting blown out by Houston, Pitt and even Cincinnati when Carson was the coach. I think you could argue they were very lucky to play Denver again in 1989, but then again the whole AFC that year was crap compared to the NFC, didn't matter who won that game they were bound to get smashed by S.F.

Edited by TecmoNightmare

• 2 weeks later...

That MACK TRUCK run was the perfect example of why he's one of the best players in ANY Tecmo version he was in.....speed is NOT everything.....There's no better feeling than thinkin' your gonna get tackled, then with a POP & a blink of an eye, your running down the sideline for a TD.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm doing a season with the Browns right now.................Kevin Mack has been absolutley unstoppable.  What's even better is he's playing his best ball vs teams like the Bears, Giants, and Niners.  I thought the Niners game in week 5 would be a b!tch, but it wasn't!  Mack could bulldoze most of that 'D'...........if Lott wasn't makin' the tackle, a 30 ta forty yrd gain would follow.  I'm on the last week of the season, (week 7...for those who didn't know, the original TECMOBOWL has only 7 regular season games then the playoffs start) and Mack's gotta be pushin' over 2,000 yards and a shit load of TD's...I have all of the stats writtin down very accurately, and after I play my final season game, will add them all up and post Macks' season stats tomorrow.  In the 6 games I'v played, I'm pretty sure his stats already look like a really good TSB, 16 game season, and I still got a game to go...........................................................!!!