Player Condition Question...

moulds33

Not sure if that applies to season conditions as well. I never really tested season conditions.

@Tailback

I've played the game since 91 as well. And have numerous online league titles. So at the very least I'm positive that at worst I would hold my own. San Diego is better than or equal to about half teams on the ROM but just because I live down here now doesn't mean I would use them.

DON'T THINK just because you guy are Tecmo masters, that there aren't others out there. I'v had the game, and been playin' since 91' when it came out..(got it for my 11th birthday).....and I still got the original cart. I'm not guaranteein' a win...but I'll give anybody a run for their money.....and in my past experience, the last person to talk sh!t usually loses..........so I'ma stop.

If you can win or show in the next Pacific Northwest Tournament that's all the proof I'd need. There are some very solid to spectacular players who play there.

If you could win the next Madison, Wisconsin tournament, then you'd have legit claim to one of the best in the world.

If you can win or show in the next Pacific Northwest Tournament that's all the proof I'd need. There are some very solid to spectacular players who play there.

If you could win the next Madison, Wisconsin tournament, then you'd have legit claim to one of the best in the world.

One thing I'll GUARAUNTEE.....Is that I will be @ the next Pac N.W. Tournament. Just let me know when.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Not sure if that applies to season conditions as well. I never really tested season conditions.

@Tailback

I've played the game since 91 as well. And have numerous online league titles. So at the very least I'm positive that at worst I would hold my own. San Diego is better than or equal to about half teams on the ROM but just because I live down here now doesn't mean I would use them.

I look forward to one day maybe playin' against you.....nuthin' better than good competition, after all that's what it's all about. Like I alwayz said, I wish I woulda' known about these official tourney's years ago.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

• 1 year later...

It works like this.

If your player is in average or good he has:

a 50% chance of staying the same

a 25% chance of dropping one condition

a 25% chance of improving one condition

if he is in bad he has:

a 25% chance of staying the same

a 75% chance of going up one condition

If he is in excellent he has

a 25% chance of staying the same

a 75% chance of going down one condition

How many times he gets tackled doesnt matter at all.

Does this same formula work for the SNES version?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry didn't see this in the thread. Is this a per player value that's hidden (not on the visible stat page).  Or is it set in one location and apply to all players (except the KR).  I think earlier you said something along the lines of you could set it to 256 and the player would get injured every play.  I'm guessing it has to be by player.  

Side note: I'd really like to see the SNES calculation for this.  I know there was something about the X play (over the top) that you were guaranteed an injury if you ran it over and over.  We'd use that play in Game 1 to take out the Cowboys whole roster.

No these are value(s) that apply to ALL players.

Sorry didn't see this in the thread. Is this a per player value that's hidden (not on the visible stat page).  Or is it set in one location and apply to all players (except the KR).  I think earlier you said something along the lines of you could set it to 256 and the player would get injured every play.  I'm guessing it has to be by player.  

Side note: I'd really like to see the SNES calculation for this.  I know there was something about the X play (over the top) that you were guaranteed an injury if you ran it over and over.  We'd use that play in Game 1 to take out the Cowboys whole roster.

• 7 years later...

I beileve the info on this has been updated to reflect the following (and there were some errors in the original)

PLAYER CONDITIONS:

First, player conditions have nothing to do with how often you use a player or how often he is tackled or how many yards he gains.

Conditions change after the end of each quarter. So conditions change at the beginning of the 2nd,3rd and
4th quarter. There is no condition change in overtime or to start the game.

Here is how the conditions change:

CURRENT CONDITION:

Bad: 75% stay in bad, 25% move to average 0% move to good, 0% move to excellent
Average: 12.5% move to bad, 75% stay in average, 12.5% move to good, 0% move to excellent
Good: 0% move to bad, 12.5% move to average, 75% stay in good, 12.5% move to excellent
Excellent: 0% move to bad, 0% move to average, 25% move to good, 75% stay in excellent

As you can see a player can stay in a condition for a very long time. Conditions only move up one level at a time per change. So they can't go from BAD to EXCELLENT in a condition change. As you get towards the end of the season the best estimate of the distribution of conditions will something like this. Of course it likely won't be the same as this but this is the best guess based on the probabilities.

Bad: 16.7% (1/6)
Average: 33.3% (1/3)
Good: 33.3% (1/3)
Excellent: 16.7% (1/6)