The "Immortal" Herschel Walker

~Tailback King~

It's very rare that you find a player that is a star in every Tecmo game......I'm not sure about the PS1 version, but to me, the last good Tecmo was made on a Nintendo system...at least as the smoothness & the flow of the game go. On the Cowboys, (Tecmo I) He is a superstar stuck on a truly awfull team (1~15 that year) where it is hard to stop anybody from scoring...but he is good enough to get you to the Superbowl with a lil' luck, and a LOT of skill. The Vikings Herschel to me was the best. He does it all, with a much better team surrounding him. The Eagles Herschel (SNES I) has the absolute best team surrounding him and the best chance of winning. You got Randall Cunningham at QB, which makes your options limitless, plus, one of the best D's in the game. Then there's the the second SNES version which spans 3 years, and he is, and still continues to be one of the best players all around. His last meaningful Tecmo appearence was the last Super Nintendo version. (STB III Final Edition) where he is on the Giants...signs of wear & tear are showing a little bit in this one, but he can STILL contribute on returns & rushing...........All & all the dude's a studd, and deserves a Tecmo Life Time Achievement Award. These Tecmo I highlights might bring a tear to your eye.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Nice video:

Herschel's long been an all-time hero of mine.

(But, unfortunately, I feel like he's pretty lousy, as a Viking, on my favorite version of Tecmo, NES-TSB.)

No way...........I think he's one of the best. My ONLY complaint is his fumbling after LONG runs.....He's also a devistating kick returner.

Loved throwing screens to him on the TSB I for SNES with the Eagles. Cunnigham and Walker can be monsters on that running game.

I'm using Philadelphia in a season right now........Herschel has 1,800 yrds rushing in week 14!!! Every time they start keyin' in on Walker, I use him as a decoy and go deep. It's really a privilige to have such a great offense at your disposal. My record is 13~1.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Clearly, the only threads that matter are those created by the Tailback King...

I feel I have added alot to this thread. You may all bow before me now! Bow damnit! I said BOW!!! Why won't you bow?

Oh well.

I think you might be right!.....................By the way, isn't that a Stewey quote?

• 2 months later...

@ Brad..........does Herschel on the Vikings (Japan) have the exact same stats as he does on the Cowboys??? (orignal 88')

US Cowboys Walker has 9 max speed, 4 initial speed, 3 acceleration and 80 power. 837 yards and 8 TDs.

Japan Vikings Walker has 9 max speed, 4 initial speed, 3 acceleration and 70 power. 915 yards and 7 TDs.  This Walker also has passes come to him faster (10 vs 9) thanks to the Aikman for White switch.

US Cowboys Walker has 9 max speed, 4 initial speed, 3 acceleration and 80 power. 837 yards and 8 TDs.

Japan Vikings Walker has 9 max speed, 4 initial speed, 3 acceleration and 70 power. 915 yards and 7 TDs.  This Walker also has passes come to him faster (10 vs 9) thanks to the Aikman for White switch.

Good to know!!!  Can you get the Japan version on a cart???