Johnny Johnson is the best........

As always, there are no secret attributes.

Guys play like they're rated

Don't worry Knobb.....there will be plenty more opportunities and Tournaments for Johnny to play "above his stats".......no one held him under one hundred yards rushing the whole day, and that was against some of the most elite players.  If there was a rushing leaders stat at the tournament, he woulda' been sittin' in the #1 spot at the top of the chart.   

Don't worry Knobb.....there will be plenty more opportunities and Tournaments for Johnny to play "above his stats".......no one held him under one hundred yards rushing the whole day, and that was against some of the most elite players.  If there was a rushing leaders stat at the tournament, he woulda' been sittin' in the #1 spot at the top of the chart.   

lol

If guys play "above their stats" then it's your skill, not theirs.

Also, it would seem that your point to prove that a player who is programmed the same exact way as the others is magically better than other players ended with you being 1-2 in the tournament despite being noted as an above average player.  You probably would have beaten Kamph had you completed or even attempted 5 passes.

Also, it would seem that your point to prove that a player who is programmed the same exact way as the others is magically better than other players ended with you being 1-2 in the tournament despite being noted as an above average player.  You probably would have beaten Kamph had you completed or even attempted 5 passes.

+1

The fact that Johnson had over 100 yards in each game you used him in was in part because you called his number so many times, Tailback. What good is 100 yards rushing if you only have 30 yards passing?

The only stat that matters is that Tailback and Johnny Johnson were 1-2, which says to me that Johnson played almost exactly to his stats - pretty mediocre.

@ Knobb & Moe..........What would be the fun in that???  I only know how to play one way...and that's run it right down their throats!!!  The 'magical' Johnny Johnson almost got me 2 wins in the Tourney vs 2 of the best comp, and they knew what was coming!!!.....I lost by a TOTAL of 10 points in those two losses combined!!!,,,,,that's pretty good for my first Tourney.  The next Tourney in Chehalis WILL be a different story...you can bet on that.

I can appreciate that, Tailback. I've played several players that make it no secret that they're going to run the ball no matter what. It can be very successful, but it helps if you can still sting them with a pass every once and a while to keep them honest and on their heels.

I can appreciate that, Tailback. I've played several players that make it no secret that they're going to run the ball no matter what. It can be very successful, but it helps if you can still sting them with a pass every once and a while to keep them honest and on their heels.

You right........which will make it even more of a suprize when I start to sling it......Just like Quiggley Down Under said, (Tom Selek) just cuzz I don't prefer the rifle, doesn't mean I don't know how to use one.

You right........which will make it even more of a suprize when I start to sling it......Just like Quiggley Down Under said, (Tom Selek) just cuzz I don't prefer the rifle, doesn't mean I don't know how to use one.

Great minds think alike TB!

Great minds think alike TB!

You bet yo a$$ they do!!!  That why I'm training and studyin' on how to stop that damn dump off screen pass game of yours!!!  There WILL be a PHX~DAL rematch in Centrailia!!!  I may have to switch up a couple plays of my own!!!  I watched our game in Seattle, and I still don't know how Michael Irvin came up with that game changin' 1st TD when he was double covered...I think before the play, he snorted some a' that side-line chalk near the 40 yard line before the play started. 

The PL88MAKER was never surpassed in how hard he went in the 3 Ps. Party, Practice and Playmaking!

I also know you like to sneek in your X~factor Alonzo Highsmith...Lonnie Young' gonna knocc off his helmet if he tries runnin across the middle again!!!!!  I may have to bait ya a lil' more...You might be askin in Chehalis, "Is Lonnie deep coverin' Irvin, or is he waiting like right outside the screen ready to snatch the ball right out of Alonzo's hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Probably BOTH!!!.......but you'll never know!!!  Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!!!  ($$$Ted Dibiasi million dollar man laugh$$$) 

• 4 weeks later...

"GOLDEN ERA" Tecmo Superbowl highlights alwayz get me pumped to play...here are some classics!!!  I'm sure ya'll will find some of your favorites....................but if you wanna see a TECMO LEGEND, and maybe the best player in Tecmobowl history, fast forward to 3:20 on the first one, or 14:45 on the second.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yc0GGChLn4w

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CFii_8X3Z78

Great post I love these old highlights.  Sterling Sharpe is someone that I always forget just how good he was.  What a beast!!!!

Even though these highlights are 20 years old......I still look at the game the same way, (as anyone from the "GOLDEN ERA" should) and compare players now to the ghosts of the past.......and realistically, they don't even come close........skill wise or personality wise.  That's why this game STILL has the biggest nuttz outta all the football games ever made.  You think people 20 years later will be playin' Madden 13???...............  F#*K NO.

TB King, when you gonna get your setup for online play. Looks like we got a ton of Cowboys Cards sets to play.

I don't got a computer at home that works..........or I'd be glad to hand ya some losses!!!  Ha hA Ha!!!  I'm to lazy to get it fixxed, plus I'd rather spend money on road trips to Seattle & Chehalis!!!  If Manyo gets this sh!t right, we will DEFINITLY have the Johnson vs Irvin rematch!!!  I'm still butt hurt over that damn tripple covered TD snagg he made...I still can't believe he caught that sh!t over Lonnie & Timmy Mac.  That's not gonna happen again!!!!!   

I don't got a computer at home that works..........or I'd be glad to hand ya some losses!!!  Ha hA Ha!!!  I'm to lazy to get it fixxed, plus I'd rather spend money on road trips to Seattle & Chehalis!!!  If Manyo gets this sh!t right, we will DEFINITLY have the Johnson vs Irvin rematch!!!  I'm still butt hurt over that damn tripple covered TD snagg he made...I still can't believe he caught that sh!t over Lonnie & Timmy Mac.  That's not gonna happen again!!!!!   

Never say never BABBYYYYYYYY!! PL88MAKER FTW!

You know that Michael Irvin is the best WR in the game right?

He's definitly one of them...very deceptive speed & can jump outta the stadium to catch Aikman's overthrows...(seems to play 'above his stats'...Bruddogg & Knobb will love that one!) he got that Miami hurricane swagg!!!  I hope you saw what Johnny did in the first video...11 carries for 68 yards on the first drive??!.......That's what a MAN'S MAN does!!!  You're probably shakin' in yo boots right now, but that's o.k.......you still got a month to figure out how to stop a TANK!!!