3 conferences?

Carther

To answer my own question yes it is possible, at least in determinning playoffs. I am using this for my 1966 rom.

a. The problem: In 1966 the NFL had two divisions one with 8 teams and 1 with 7 teams, and you can only display 5 teams on the standings screen in tsb.

b. The solution create three conferences for playoff sorting.

1. The AFL (two division leaders from the afc east and central slots take the two afc championship game slots.

2. The NFL East which takes up both the AFC West and NFC East slots. The top rated teams in these slots are compared and the top team is put into the nfl championship game.

3. The NFL West which takes up both the NFC central and NFC west slots. The top rated teams in these slots are compared and the top team is put into the nfl championship game.

This could also be helpful for college roms where you want the PAC-12 champions and Big Ten champion to automatically meet in a playoff, or SEC East vs. SEC West, etc.

I don't know how you would do this graphically because I have no skill whatsoever at editing graphics. :-P

Here is the file where I made three conferences for the playoffs if anyone wants to see how I did it

1966JLS1.nes