TSB 2013 cover athlete ?

I was curious how the cover athlete is chosen for the ROM each year even though its fake and we dont see it anywhere in the game, is it random or voted on ?

if we have some sort of vote or anything like they do with Madden I'm throwing Optimus Prime aka Aj Green into the hat since Madden 13 has Megatron aka Calvin Johnson and because i'm a Bengals fan and would like to see a Bengal on the cover

The way I see it, you want to put the guy on the M@dden cover that you wish to be a piece of shit or get he leg break that year.

For tecmo, I don't think that's true - last year TBO Official ROM featured A. Rodgers, and he was not shit nor did he break he leg.

So, we shall proceed: I figure you feature one of the best (highest rated ) players on the ROM.

Who are going to be the highest rated players at each major position (for tsb)?

Who are going to be the highest rated players at each major position (for tsb)?

Oooh...I miss these discussions...

Here's my top nominees for each position. I've left our players that are talked about year after year such as Rodgers, Brady, Brees....and Megatron since he got the Madden vote.

QB:

Cam

Eli

Stafford

Tebow (old news?)

RB:

MJD

McCoy

Rice

WR:

Cruz

Nelson

Green

TE:

Gronk

Graham

DEF:

Pierre-Paul

Suggs

Willis

Watt

my votes from bodom's list for possible cover athlete, I ranked my choices #):

QB:

Cam - OK, #1

Eli - nope

Stafford -nope

Tebow (old news?) - heck no

RB:

MJD - nah

McCoy - OK, #7

Rice - nah

WR:

Cruz (or Nicks) - OK, #4

Nelson - nope

Green - OK, #6

TE:

Gronk - maybe a nice face-zoom with his eye black, like original cover, #2

Graham - nah

DEF:

Pierre-Paul - OK, #5

Suggs - nope

Willis (or 2-3 other 49er def guys) - OK, #3

Watt - nope

post-3789-13413730611624_thumb.jpg

post-3789-13413730610545_thumb.jpg

post-3789-13413730612137_thumb.jpg

Jordy Nelson?!?!?

It was a reach, I admit. But he was a TD machine. 3rd behind Gronk & Mega...and no one else was close.

I agree with Buck's top 2. Cam/Gronk. The vote should be between them, IMO. But then what fun would it be?

Jordy Nelson?!?!?

It was a reach, I admit. But he was a TD machine. 3rd behind Gronk & Mega...and no one else was close.

I agree with Buck's top 2. Cam/Gronk. The vote should be between them, IMO. But then what fun would it be?

Cam yes.

Gronk? Nelson? AJ Green? They just can't hold a candle to Cam Newton.

Patrick WIllis is one of the best in the game though

TE:

Gronk - maybe a nice face-zoom with his eye black, like original cover, #2

I second this vote. A close up just like the original would be perfect. It's a perfect compliment to stay classic to the original and also show how the game has evolved, especially at the TE position.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a cover template floating around? I'd like to play around a little. I tried creating my own but finding the TeamNFL logo, vertically stretched Tecmo logo, old NFL Players Association logo, etc etc, is proving difficult, at least at sharp, clean high resolution.

-edit-

I threw this together for fun.

post-9898-13413730617691_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Cam Newton on the cover, would be epic. I look for a break out year, 12-4 at least, winning the division since my Saints sure are going to be struggling. Hate Carolina, but Cam has won me over when he proved me wrong as I doubted him before last year started 8)

Is there a cover template floating around? I'd like to play around a little. I tried creating my own but finding the TeamNFL logo, vertically stretched Tecmo logo, old NFL Players Association logo, etc etc, is proving difficult, at least at sharp, clean high resolution.

-edit-

I threw this together for fun.

There isn't a high res template anywhere. Tecmo Psycho creates the labels from his own personal template. It is a to-scale scan I believe. I've been reconstructing the OG label in Illustrator in my spare time. One day I'll unleash it to the public.

• 1 month later...