Tecmo Super Bowl Uniform Question

Greetings Tecmo Friends.

I had a question about Tecmo Uniforms that I thought I would ask here to people who make the various great roms.

I know in the original Tecmo Super Bowl, the Chicago Bears had black uniforms and helmets in game, even though the helmet before the game was navy blue.

I haven't dove into the editing of the roms so this may be a silly question, but is the navy blue not an available color for uniform selection? The color available may need to go to another team, I just thought I was ask as the black used for chicago is not bad at all, and something I'm used too from the original.

Also, I've noticed that rom makers have a tendency to give the Bears black top/black bottom uniforms, which they have not worn in years, as opposed to the original back top/white bottom and white top/black bottom uniforms. Chicago has white top/white bottom but that may look bad in game.

It was just something I was curious about, I love the roms that are updated every year, so I don't intend this as a critiqe, I was just curious. B)

Thank you for any reply.

The way the uniforms are edited and modified in the program, the helmet and pants are the same color, and shirt are different.

Don't think there is anyway to edit that out, but you can easily change the colors of the Bears black to navy blue.

For the Nes, there are only 3 colr slots available on the sprites. So there are limitations on variety per team. That is why the helmet and pants match. They use the same cilor slot. The jersey has the ither, and i think the last is skin. Technically there is a 4th, but it is always transparent. The snes, on the other hand has the capability to have 15the slots. Again a 16thgame for transparent. AND 1 FOR SKIN. if you want to see what that allows, check out mt remixes ncaa tsb 3 edit. Redrawing all sprites allowed for unique unies.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Thanks for the reply guys.

I have to look into how to edit a rom, so I can tailor the Bears unis. I know one pack had them in the orange shirts, which I wasn't a fan of, and they only wore them in 2 games per season. With the Nike changes, the orange jerseys for Chicago are no more. And the other pack had black pants, jerseys and helmet which made them look like the falcons.

I appreciate the feedback!!