Have we figured out what everything means?

Rook

Does anyone know the significance of the attributes for this game? I saw the RP/RS/MS controversy, but what about the other stuff?

What does agility and body balance do?

Whats the difference between Passing Accuracy and Pass Control?

What does Avoid Rush and Coolness do?

What does Quickness mean for all the defensive players?

Is there absolutely no logic at all when it comes to how trades work?

I don't know if any mods have been able to really dive into what the hell some of this stuff means, but any help would be appreciated. Gonna be starting a league soon with some old friends. 8)

• 4 weeks later...

Many other people have discussed this topic, but here is a somewhat detailed account of BB v. AGIL that I wrote up.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14860

I also did a PC v. PA experiment with a friend on TSB III, and our experiment showed that PC controls location of the passes, while PA played into INT/COMP percentages. WR ATTs also have to be figured into the equation, as well as defensive players covering, so PA/PC can only explain so much of the equation.

Quickness: As far as what I've read no one knows what this does.

AV: I am pretty sure this only matters for the CPU. It determines whether a QB will hold onto the ball for a long time v. getting rid of it quickly, or scrambling.

COOL: This I am pretty sure effects a couple of things. #1- How accurate a QBs passes are if he is trying to throw while under duress. #2- You may notice that sometimes the QB does not throw the ball when you hit B. I used to think was a glitch, but then realized that it only happens more frequently with QBs w lower COOL attributes.

FA/Trading: I am pretty sure each player has a FA value built into the game, which helps determine viable trades.

That is what I know at this point, but I am just as interested as you are in getting down exactly what certain ATTs do.

For sure more is known about TSB than TSB III due to many more people being interested in that game.

Sincerely,

CC