Wild plays

Eric

Had this insane play today.

Jacksonville at Cleveland, I'm the Jags of course!

Ernest Givens returns the kick off to the Browns 1 yardline about to score and is stripped, fumble, Browns recover and run it to the 20. Man, was soooooo close.

Edited by DeBerg

• 1 month later...

I'm in a DEF Only Challenge as the Bills in my first matchup against the Dolphins.  It's raining, and I swear it knocks some speed off my defenders.  I can't seem to get to Marino for sacks and he starts lighting me up.  I overcompensate by calling some pass plays, but when I do, Byars and Parmalee run a train on me.  MIA 42 - BUF 0

In the rematch I start getting to Marino and Byars/Parmalee can't get going.  It's all about getting to Marino.  BUF 42 - MIA 3.

I also get the pleasure of facing SF.  Much to my surprise, I get TWO pick-sixes vs. Steve Young in the first quarter!  In the 2nd quarter SF is driving, but Dennis Smith picks Young off in the end zone.  These big plays hold up and I hold 'em off.

In my new season with the Colts I play SF again and I hold Rice and Stokes to a combined one reception.  But there's a big but, or big butt, and it's William Floyd excellenting all over my ass.  13 rushes for 230 yards and 3 receptions (all three in traffic) for another 48 yards.  They win 28-12 and it's not even that close.

• 3 weeks later...

So I took TecSpectre's spreadsheet that values players and created the all-worst defense in the game.  I'm using Tampa Bay in a DEF Only season and I'm actually 2-1 so far.  This last game against the Bears was a laugher.

Poor Steve Walsh.  He threw six total INTs and every single one was an overthrow.  The saddest part was that three of the INTs went to the LB I was controlling, David "Toni" Braxton.  In the rare instances I would drop back into coverage, I just thought, "if he overthrows it, where would it go?"  So I stood there.  And he threw it to me LOL

So I took TecSpectre's spreadsheet that values players and created the all-worst defense in the game.  I'm using Tampa Bay in a DEF Only season and I'm actually 2-1 so far.  This last game against the Bears was a laugher.

Poor Steve Walsh.  He threw six total INTs and every single one was an overthrow.  The saddest part was that three of the INTs went to the LB I was controlling, David "Toni" Braxton.  In the rare instances I would drop back into coverage, I just thought, "if he overthrows it, where would it go?"  So I stood there.  And he threw it to me LOL

Dude that is awesome, the Buc's defense really is underrated. I managed to have 4 INT's in a game against Chandler one time, and 3 INT's vs Moon, Favre, and Mitchell.

The AFC Central is indeed INT crazy. O'Donnell is the worst for me. I've had so many games with him throwing 3 or 4 interceptions. Even when I play as Pittsburgh, he will stink it up. From time to time Vinny turns into an interception machine and of course Beurelein and Blake are pretty bad. Actually Chandler is the real worst, but for me personally I can make him work, while O'Donnell totally screws me over hard.

I think I'm better with a lot of backups in that division. Gobel has played pretty well for me in times, and Tomczak almost always ends up starter when I play with Pittsburgh for a season. The only one that truly is worse than the starter is Klinger.

Edited by DeBerg

• 3 months later...

Crazy glitching this weekend...

I was playing as the Brownies in my DEF-Only Challenges and had a killer game going vs the Oilers with four INT-TD returns.  But in the 4th quarter I pick up the ball "too quickly" and my guy gets locked into the down and to the right position.  Players crash into each other and flail around for a bit until eventually all player sprites are combined into one player running continuously down and to the right.  I leave it overnight hoping the play ends somehow, but it doesn't and I have to reset.

Later in the season the exact same thing happens.  I know that one way for this play to end is for a dive tackle to occur, but it doesn't.  Fortunately, the game eventually and randomly declares a safety.  In the very next game same thing yet again!  Again, a safety is declared and I breathe a sigh of relief.

Since then I have started a season with the Jags.  I was in an awesome battle with the Steelers until one of the most unusual glitches I've ever seen occurred.  The Steelers were up 10-3 in the 3rd quarter and driving inside my ten.  O'Donnell goes back to pass, then scrambles.  I swoop in with James Williams, but Neil spins right through him.  Just as he completes his spin, he throws it backwards to Bam out in the flat.  Bam was actually flattened during Neil's scramble, so the ball falls harmlessly to the turf.  But the play is not over.  The ball is just sitting there an nobody can touch it.  I tackle COM's highlighted guy a couple times hoping to end the play, but players just keep scrambling around and it looks like I'll have to reset.  All of a sudden, the game declares TOUCHDOWN! and it awards a 94-yard TD to O'Donnell.  What kind I have no idea because it's not reflected in the yardage stats.

Not sure what caused the glitch... maybe some combination of the following:

1.  Neil was about to throw when I forced him to spin forward, so he threw right afterward instead.  Kind of like when you call a dive play, but you spin through a defender and only once your spin is complete do you perform the dive.

2.  Technically, Neil may have been past the line of scrimmage when he threw it backwards to Bam - maybe that's what allowed my teammates to knock Bam down without the ball.

• 3 months later...