Madison's 8th Annual Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

holzy11

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't NFL films but Pete (cubantecmo) who plays locally in CT along w/ myself is going to be making a documentary about the prep for tournament in CT over next couple of months along w/ the trip to Madison w/ Brian/Chaos and of course everything at the tournament as well.

Some more info on this as it progresses, thanks ARNC!

[email protected]

WTF Champion (2006 season)

2011 NYC Tournament Champion

We aren't NFL films but Pete (cubantecmo) who plays locally in CT along w/ myself is going to be making a documentary about the prep for tournament in CT over next couple of months along w/ the trip to Madison w/ Brian/Chaos and of course everything at the tournament as well.

That's awesome! Everything must be documented and preserved for the Tecmo archives.

Btw guys, start looking for your Tecmo-related gear now. Best-dressed participant at this tourney will win $50. Unfortunately for last year's best-dressed participant, Leonardite, the award is not retroactive. I am frantically plumming the internet's depths for Brad Muster memorabilia. If I come up empty, backup plan is implementation, in Chicago, of a covert Tecmo radar system still in its experimental stages. Consequences could be disastrous.

I'm in. Please don't let me run into mort again. That guy is my kryptonite.]

This tournament has no memory. Like a tornado, it leaves only a wake of shattered dreams behind.

Glad to see I made the event info.... LOL

Only Joeygats can compete with your celebrity status here. I'm setting the over/under on tournament day Bruddog/Joeygats references at 300.

damn fastest signup ever.

I'll say. 125 sign-ups in 2 days.

Love the tourney name... Will HarbaughToMuster rise from the ashes?!

Can't say I'd recommend that. If memory serves, Harbaugh, Muster, or both cost you Tecmo III title. I'd suggest StromtoHoge 8)

I think it's about time I make an appearance and win it all at my first tourney. First on the waiting list! Yall better hope no one drops out so everyone has a chance to win it then. 8)

Holy Shit....I'm not sure if I"m more surprised about the fact you're actually going to show or that there is already a waiting list

I need the hype to build up until the 10th annual. 8) Actually I'd be more inclined to try and make a trip for a Ryder cup style tournament where I can join forces.

Only Joeygats can compete with your celebrity status here. I'm setting the over/under on tournament day Bruddog/Joeygats references at 300.

I'd like to update some of those storylines from the front page of the tecmomadison site:

"Will BestinWorld, the second most decorated player in tournament history, return to avenge last year’s Final 4 loss"--yep, kinsoby1 registered, so that question is kind of moot.

"Now that relative unknowns Seth B and Travis R have reached the Final 4/Elite 8, can they do it again with targets on their backs"--I don't know about Travis' chances this year, but Seth hasn't registered so far.

"Following a fairly successful Ryder Cup, will garbagetsbplayer’s incessant entourage ignite a deep tournament run"--avgtsbplayer's entourage will not ignite a deep tournament run, they may possibly incite a riot though.

"After a mysterious disappearance, does Joeygats emerge from seclusion at Tecmo VIII"--No.

"Will anyone from “the 513,” a self-proclaimed Tecmo hotspot in Ohio, appear"--all of them.

"Will the Tecmo Broadcasting Union resolve its labor dispute with management in advance of this year’s tournament, or will Knobbe, QB-Browns, and Toolie be relegated to tournament participation only"--talks are ongoing people, we will have an announcement when both sides have reached an agreement.

"Is this the year that Bruddog, longtime critic of tournament participants and purported Tecmo aficionado, finally boards a Madison-bound plane from California?"--why even ask that question? If its not going to happen after 7 tournaments, its not going to happen....ever.

This is absurd that the tournament is full already, if your signed up and don't feel you can win it all you should withdraw so the more competitive players will comprise the field, I have been waiting all year for this. There has to be a way to included more participants?

This is absurd that the tournament is full already, if your signed up and don't feel you can win it all you should withdraw so the more competitive players will comprise the field, I have been waiting all year for this. There has to be a way to included more participants?

where are you from?

I might put my spot up on eBay.