TSB Tourney @ Boneyard in Westlake, OH (Fri, 1/13/12 @ 7PM)

BoneyardBowl.png

Signup: E-mail [email protected] by Tuesday, January 10th, 2012

When: Friday, January 13th, 2012- Registration/Check-In starts @ 7:00 PM EST; Draft @ 7:15PM EST; Games starting immediately following the draft.

Location: The Boneyard, 24940 Sperry Road, Westlake, OH, 44145. Website:

- When taking control of an opponent's team after a victory, both competitors retain their original draft seeding for future matchups.

- When a player loses with their teams in all brackets, they are officially eliminated from the tournament.

- If the same player wins out on all brackets, they are crowned tournament champion.

- If there are different champions for each bracket, the Pro Bowl will be played for the title.

- A coin toss will be held and the winner of the coin toss can choose their team or controller.

- In the event of a Pro Bowl Championship game, original rosters will be used but lineup and playbook changes will be allowed.

Buy-in: $5 cash at the door (Proceeds will be donated to charity)

Prizes: Trophy awarded to tourney champion

Equipment Information: 3 TVs will be provided by the venue. I will provide 3 original NES top loader consoles, 3 copies of the greatest sports game of all time, controllers, and the adapters. We will not require any additional TV's but please bring backup consoles, cartridges, adaptors, and controllers. Let me know what you are able to bring when registering via e-mail.

Confirmed Participants:

01. Ryan McKay

02. John Rozum

03. Daniel Kolbenschlag

04. Nick Ciofani

05. Bob Johnson

06. Jon Sladek

07. Brian Snyder

08. Nick Kost

09. Tim Moore

10. Anthony Wilford

11. Jay Snider

12. John Crawford

13. Brandon-Marshall Edmond

14. Mike Vilimonovic

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Waiting List:

15. Brian King

Thanks for your interest and see you at the tournament! If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will be checking the official signup email box regularly in addition to monitoring and updating this posting with the confirmed participants.

God bless, and long live Tecmo Super Bowl! (20 Years and still going strong - 1991-2011)

Ryan McKay

Tournament Commissioner

[email protected]

Official signup: [email protected]

That's one cool looking spreadsheet!

Thanks! I can't take credit for compiling all the stats and data, but I did do most of them. Much of this data has been found on other sites over the years but I wanted to design a nice spreadsheet that was similar to ESPN's Power Rankings 8)

I also came up with the tournament format and rules as well which are pretty different from other tournaments - but have worked really well in the past. I always find it interesting to determine how other Tecmo players value teams.

I read the recap from your October NY tournament and it looked like a lot of fun. Hope you can make this one!

Posted the tourney to Facebook as well, even though you reference QB Eagles as Cunningham.....

Take some photos of the tourney and I'll gladly post them as well.

Thanks for promoting on the Facebook page! 9/14 slots are now filled. I'll definitely have some pictures from the tournament and do a write up as well.

A few quick updates on the tournament:

- 9/14 slots have been filled. I've talked to quite a few people within the past week who are interested in playing, so if you're on the fence - don't wait!

- I purchased a tripod for my iPod Touch 4G, plan on recording the championship game, and sharing with the community via YouTube.

- I started a Twitter account @tsbtournaments

- 9/14 slots have been filled. I've talked to quite a few people within the past week who are interested in playing, so if you're on the fence - don't wait!

- I purchased a tripod for my iPod Touch 4G, plan on recording the championship game, and sharing with the community via YouTube.

Depending on what you have for recording, the NES shoots a signal out to both the A/V and the Coax. Thus, you can use the other one you're not sending to the TV for directly capturing video.

Depending on what you have for recording, the NES shoots a signal out to both the A/V and the Coax. Thus, you can use the other one you're not sending to the TV for directly capturing video.

Thanks for the info! Good to know. I did a little research and it doesn't appear there is a way to capture video directly from a TV to an iPod Touch. It appears you can get an AV cable but only to display from the iPod Touch to the TV. I did a test recording with the iPod Touch on a COM vs. COM game and it came out pretty good.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

I am visiting family in Ohio around this time and I have the potential to make it to this one. I'll sign up when I can be sure that I'll make it.

Awesome! Let me know - I remember you were disappointed you missed the last one. I hope you can make it.

Update: 11/14 slots are now filled.

Attached is a picture of the trophy. It will be engraved with the following:

Boneyard Bowl II

Tecmo Super Champion

January 13, 2011

God bless, and long live Tecmo Super Bowl! (20 Years and still going strong - 1991-2011)

Ryan McKay

Boneyard Bowl Commissioner

[email protected]

Official signup:[email protected]

post-10988-13413730382801_thumb.jpg

Yeah sorry I couldn't find reliable transportation there...plus I need to be up bright and early Saturday to catch my flight back to Texas. Hope it's a blast. (I woulda won. *cough*)

Sorry it didn't work out that you could attend with your transportation and flight. Hopefully you will be able to join us another time!

Everything went really well and everyone had a lot of fun!

Bobby Johnson defeated Jay Snider in the AFC/NFC Pro Bowl 42-14 to take home the trophy. We had a total of 12 guys show up (a few had to cancel last minute due to the weather). I'll have a more complete write up when I return home next Tuesday or Wednesday. I also have a few pictures and video from the championship game.

The proceeds will be donated to The Salvation Army. Thanks to everyone who played and the entire Boneyard staff for making this event a success!