Coach K college basketball

Sizemore

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Coach K is one of the few playable basketball video games. I liked TSNBABB, but w/o pump-fakes it's kind of lame. You just run it and gun it. And no free-throw meter, come on. NBA Live was okay for like a year or so, but it had the same engine as Coach K, so that doesn't really count.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Coach K would be cool. I looked into it a long time ago and couldn't figure out how to hack it. It would probably be easy to change the players names and possibly stats but if I remember right I had a hard time trying to change the guys numbers on their uni's. Also I'm pretty sure the graphics are compressed much like most EA Sports title logo's. Which means you can't hack them. I could be wrong but if you look around there aren't too many EA sports titles that have been hacked. I made an EA NHL editor for SNES but all it could do was change uniform colors and players names.

i poked around a little bit with some hextranslator program, but i really know nothing about hex, i was hoping to do an acc vs. sec or acc vs. big east rom or something. It looks rather impossible though, if jg can't do it i know some n00b like me has almost no chance.

come on. hasnt anybody else ever played this game? its the best college basketball game for any system. if you know of a better one id like to hear it

I have always been a huge fan of NCAA Basketball for SNES. It doesn't have real players(which can be nice since it never gets outdated) but it is one of the best two player games I have personally ever played.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

glad to know people other than those from my home town appreciate the best college basketball game to date. coach k came out for sega sometime in the early-mid 90s for those who dont know. not sure about the date i have the cart somewhere.

i've never played ncaa for snes, i'd like to try.

the showdown games were awful. when EA switched to nba live, that series took off. in showdown, all you had to do was pumpfake until your defender jumped and take it to the rim every time for a dunk. thats alll i remember about those games.

• 4 years later...

Found this old post, check the upload or download section for an udpated version of Coach K. Hurricane55 and TecmoTurd are almost done with a 100% edited rom and rom editor for the game. So if you don't like the teams chosen for the game you'll be able to change it!!

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Hey Tecmo,

Forgot to tell you on the City i switched it to conference, did you switch it bakc. I left an area for the cities. The confernces are listed at the end of the rom after The Final Four City. Thought it made more sense because most people like to see the conference matchups as well. Your choic though, unless you could add an option button for that. Again your choice. I now have three teams logos done. Texas A&M, Texas, And The U. Will start from the top down(Marquette first for you though.(K. State first) tomorrow. Do you know how to create IPS patches so i don't have to keep changing the ROMs in the download section? I haven't really perfected that yet. Just watched a 5 minute halfs game of Texas at Kentucky, Kentucky hit 2 three's in last 25 seconds to win by one....The madness is back baby!!!!