Jump to content
averagetsbplayer

TecmoBowlTools - Stat Extractor

Recommended Posts

Sorry for my continual posting in this thread, but it has been a major part of my creative process.   At any rate, I would like to inquire if the season stat extractor could extract the conditions of offensive linemen.  I realize they don't have stats, but for the purpose of my career stats program, I wanted to create a way to 'retire' players when they reach a threshold based on their end of the season conditions:

Each player has a retirement stat which starts at 10.  After each season, their end of the year condition correlates with a value:

INJURED: -3

Bad condition: -2

Average condition: -1

Good condition: 0

Excellent condition: 1

 

When compiling to the player's career stats, each season's conditional value is subtracted from or added to the 10.  When the player reaches 0 retirement points, they are retired.  As you can see, this will make it so that all players get at least 4 seasons, and those that are able to stay in pretty good health over the years can play much longer.  I've simulated 5 seasons so far with this system, and no one has retired yet, but there are players that are down to 2 or 3 points.  

I know that's all irrelevant for the request, but having to manually track the stats of offensive linemen is kind of aggravating.  So, that's why I just need the condition values of the OLs placed in the season stat extractor's output csv file.

Edited by macknbyner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Respectedgen1us Sorry for the delayed response - I haven't been on the message boards a ton lately.

 

Yes, the tool still exists, and it should work with the 32-team ROMs. Let me know if you have any issues. 

http://www.tecmobowltools.com/SaveStateExporter

- The site was down for a couple days around the end of year and early January, but it's back up and running now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey folks, new guy here. I am playing using TecMonster's 2019 ROM. I've been able to save my individual game stats successfully using Save State Explorer, but I am not having any luck with the season stats. Basically I get a ton of crazy numbers for each player/team. Any tips as to what I'm doing wrong? Happy to provide whatever info you might need to help me troubleshoot. I've searched the forums but haven't had any luck solving this one. Thanks! - Jonesy.

Edited by Jonesy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply. It works perfectly with the original 28-team TSB ROM for both single and season stats. I misspoke before though, I am using Tecmonster’s 2019 ROM. I’ve had stat export issues with pretty much all of the 32-team ROMs I’ve tried, including TSB 2019 Rev1. Some work with one item, but not both. Some will report all zero, while others really crazy numbers. I just can't seem to find the right one for export. heh. They're all great ROMs, so I want to make sure it's clear I'm not criticizing anyone's time and effort. I'm enjoying the games, just wish I knew how to crack the code of exporting stats more consistently. 

Edited by Jonesy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The site seems to be down again. Any idea if it will be up again soon? I've used it in the past and it is awesome....I was hoping to use it again here soon for another Fantasy Tecmo league I'll be running.

 

Thanks!

 

PS - Does anyone know of another way to quickly pull the season stats from a game? I've searched around (like here for example: www.tecmosb.com) but can't seem to find anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey TSB fans :)

This is probably the best idea I've seen for an statistics exporting tool! I have been playing TSB on and off since the advent of emulators, but on the console before that (I was in high school when this game released) lol!

I am having a similar problem as Jonesy, where depending on what save state I use with the extractor tool (at http://www.tecmobowltools.com/SaveStateExporter), I get all zeros or ridiculous numbers that I can't even process how it came from the save state. The names of the players are all present, but it's just the placement and/or values of the numeric data that isn't inline with what I see on the emulator.

I was using an emu called Virtual NES v0.92 (which I'm not married to), but that save state was one that generated values in the fields by the extractor. When I used Nestopia 1.40 (simulated some data, and saved), I was given all zeros. I did see the setting in Nestopia to toggle "internal compression". Could I be leaving another default setting in the emu when it saves? What else could I try? I'm sure it's something on my end, so I'm sorry to bother you nice lot with this =\ I'll switch to the more supported emu, whichever it happens to be haha!

 

Thanks to everyone in advance,

drewdy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...