TecmoBowlTools - Stat Extractor

averagetsbplayer

Sorry for my continual posting in this thread, but it has been a major part of my creative process.   At any rate, I would like to inquire if the season stat extractor could extract the conditions of offensive linemen.  I realize they don't have stats, but for the purpose of my career stats program, I wanted to create a way to 'retire' players when they reach a threshold based on their end of the season conditions:

Each player has a retirement stat which starts at 10.  After each season, their end of the year condition correlates with a value:

INJURED: -3

Bad condition: -2

Average condition: -1

Good condition: 0

Excellent condition: 1

When compiling to the player's career stats, each season's conditional value is subtracted from or added to the 10.  When the player reaches 0 retirement points, they are retired.  As you can see, this will make it so that all players get at least 4 seasons, and those that are able to stay in pretty good health over the years can play much longer.  I've simulated 5 seasons so far with this system, and no one has retired yet, but there are players that are down to 2 or 3 points.  

I know that's all irrelevant for the request, but having to manually track the stats of offensive linemen is kind of aggravating.  So, that's why I just need the condition values of the OLs placed in the season stat extractor's output csv file.

Edited by macknbyner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Respectedgen1us Sorry for the delayed response - I haven't been on the message boards a ton lately.

Yes, the tool still exists, and it should work with the 32-team ROMs. Let me know if you have any issues. 

http://www.tecmobowltools.com/SaveStateExporter

- The site was down for a couple days around the end of year and early January, but it's back up and running now.

• 8 months later...

Hey folks, new guy here. I am playing using TecMonster's 2019 ROM. I've been able to save my individual game stats successfully using Save State Explorer, but I am not having any luck with the season stats. Basically I get a ton of crazy numbers for each player/team. Any tips as to what I'm doing wrong? Happy to provide whatever info you might need to help me troubleshoot. I've searched the forums but haven't had any luck solving this one. Thanks! - Jonesy.

Edited by Jonesy

Thanks for the reply. It works perfectly with the original 28-team TSB ROM for both single and season stats. I misspoke before though, I am using Tecmonster’s 2019 ROM. I’ve had stat export issues with pretty much all of the 32-team ROMs I’ve tried, including TSB 2019 Rev1. Some work with one item, but not both. Some will report all zero, while others really crazy numbers. I just can't seem to find the right one for export. heh. They're all great ROMs, so I want to make sure it's clear I'm not criticizing anyone's time and effort. I'm enjoying the games, just wish I knew how to crack the code of exporting stats more consistently. 

Edited by Jonesy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The site seems to be down again. Any idea if it will be up again soon? I've used it in the past and it is awesome....I was hoping to use it again here soon for another Fantasy Tecmo league I'll be running.

Thanks!

PS - Does anyone know of another way to quickly pull the season stats from a game? I've searched around (like here for example: www.tecmosb.com) but can't seem to find anything.

• 1 month later...

Hey TSB fans :)

This is probably the best idea I've seen for an statistics exporting tool! I have been playing TSB on and off since the advent of emulators, but on the console before that (I was in high school when this game released) lol!

I am having a similar problem as Jonesy, where depending on what save state I use with the extractor tool (at http://www.tecmobowltools.com/SaveStateExporter), I get all zeros or ridiculous numbers that I can't even process how it came from the save state. The names of the players are all present, but it's just the placement and/or values of the numeric data that isn't inline with what I see on the emulator.

I was using an emu called Virtual NES v0.92 (which I'm not married to), but that save state was one that generated values in the fields by the extractor. When I used Nestopia 1.40 (simulated some data, and saved), I was given all zeros. I did see the setting in Nestopia to toggle "internal compression". Could I be leaving another default setting in the emu when it saves? What else could I try? I'm sure it's something on my end, so I'm sorry to bother you nice lot with this =\ I'll switch to the more supported emu, whichever it happens to be haha!

Thanks to everyone in advance,

drewdy

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

the single game extractor is working for me, but the season stat extractor is not. @averagetsbplayer if you're around, could you (or anyone, really) help me out? my save state is from a end of game blue screen after game 3 of week 1. when i pull season stats i get wild results with way too many yards/stats. the "singlegamesavestate file looks great. any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

SeasonSaveState.csvSingleGameSaveState.csvBIGDTECMO_IV.nesBIGD4GM3_WK01.sta

On 10/30/2016 at 11:11 AM, manYo said:

Attached is an Excel document which you can paste the exported stats file from the Madison tool into the first tab, and the second tab populates some box score and stat stuff.  Some stats like the score and first downs are not in the csv file from the extractor, so you gotta input those manually.  Also, you'd need the tackle stat hack on your rom to get the tackles, which would then effect the stat for TACK INB %, which is basically just the percentage of plays where a tackle was recorded.  Hopefully it works for anyone that would like this.  My use is for a live tournament where there are recorded stats, print these out for each game and put them in a binder.

EDIT: fixed

Tecmo Box Score.xlsx

this is a godsend. 4 years later, thank you!!!

• 1 year later...
On 7/7/2020 at 1:00 AM, graylikethecolor said:

the single game extractor is working for me, but the season stat extractor is not. @averagetsbplayer if you're around, could you (or anyone, really) help me out? my save state is from a end of game blue screen after game 3 of week 1. when i pull season stats i get wild results with way too many yards/stats. the "singlegamesavestate file looks great. any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

SeasonSaveState.csv 48.67 kB · 0 downloads SingleGameSaveState.csv 3.23 kB · 0 downloads BIGDTECMO_IV.nes 512.02 kB · 0 downloads BIGD4GM3_WK01.sta 12.86 kB · 0 downloads

Hey...so...I haven't been on here in a while. I'll try to take a look at this later this week. 

• 2 weeks later...

@graylikethecolor- Just for troubleshooting help, can you let me know which emulator you are using?

Edit: I actually just realized that the ROM is a 32-team ROM. And, at this point, the tool doesn't support parsing Season-level data for the 32-team ROM. And, I forgot I never wrapped up that portion of the tool. So, if I get motivated over Thanksgiving, I'll try to knock it out. So, unfortunately, there's not a good answer since it doesn't work :(

Edited by averagetsbplayer

12 minutes ago, averagetsbplayer said:

@graylikethecolor- Just for troubleshooting help, can you let me know which emulator you are using?

Edit: I actually just realized that the ROM is a 32-team ROM. And, at this point, the tool doesn't support parsing Season-level data for the 32-team ROM. And, I forgot I never wrapped up that portion of the tool. So, if I get motivated over Thanksgiving, I'll try to knock it out. So, unfortunately, there's not a good answer since it doesn't work :(

still, you answered a question! i haven't touched tecmo in so long, moved over to legend bowl. BUT thank you for responding!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Updates:

1. The tool should now be able to export season stats from save state files (.nst, .ns1, .ns2, etc.) that were generated with a 32-team ROM from Nestopia 1.39 or Nestopia 1.40.
  2. Extracting season stats with save states that were generated from 32-team ROMs from Nesticle or Nestopia 1.36 is still not supported.
  3. Single-game extractions are not supported with some 32-team ROMs across any of the emulators
    • There are two different 32-team ROM bases/templates that have been used over the years, and the tool only currently supports the one not using MMC5. I'll try to update that when I get a chance.

18 hours ago, averagetsbplayer said:

Updates:

1. The tool should now be able to support exporting Single Game statistics from a save state generated with any 32-team ROM when coming from Nestopia 1.39 or Nestopia 1.40
  2. Single-game extractions are still not supported with some 32-team ROMs from Nesticle or Nestopia 1.36

I think if someone is still using nesticle in 2021 they have bigger problems than worrying about extracting states from the save.🤣

• 4 months later...

@averagetsbplayer - FYI https://www.tecmobowltools.com/ is giving a "This page isnt working" error.

Its back up! 

Hey @averagetsbplayer- Is there a way to donate to you in some way? I use the extractor tool so much I feel like I want to thank you for making my life easier!

Edited by TheRaja