TecmoBowlTools - Stat Extractor

averagetsbplayer

1. This is something I can add.

2. I generally don't export things that are just calculations, but it's something I can consider adding.

3. Correct, these represent the plays - http://tecmobowltools.com/Plays

4. It's an interesting idea. Can you post an example spreadsheet of how you would like the output to appear?

- The challenge with that "draft" situation is that it isn't easy to handle this situations where players switch position slots or teams over different ROMs.

- For the more straightforward situation (where guys don't change slots or teams), I'm envisioning an entry field similar to this one provided.

SaveStateExporter.png

Edited by averagetsbplayer
Update URL

1. Cool.

2. I think I get it. You can total up the players' offensive stats to get the team offensive numbers. But this can't be done with defensive.

3. That's what I thought. But what purpose do they play in extracting stats? Was there a reason you had to extract them? Or was it just part of the team's info?

4. I'm not good with spreadsheets. I don't know much about them. But I think the way you have the season extraction set up would be fine. Basically, the program could search for the player's name (This would have to be the case, because players may not be on the same team as they were.) If the names are a match, then the stats from one are added to the other, all this is sent to a career sheet, which adds the values puts out the total of all season stats together.

I like the way you had the thumbnail there. It looks, by viewing the layout, that it can do exactly what I was thinking.

I'm not concerned with the draft thing. Or the changing teams with players. I don't mind doing stuff like that myself. As long as there is an efficient way to get the seasons stat results. The General Manager is an awesome little tool for moving things around.

Here's the state and rom.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8sgz3s500tw522b

Here's something I've been trying to piece together:

Recordbreaker.jpg

Basically, what I want it to do is take CSV values output from the TSB Stat Extractor (I can't remember who made it) and compare the values to specific values on the right. For instance, the QBS pass attempts. If the number is greater than the number in the previous record file, the value on the right is overwritten with the new record. I want it to be able to out put, name of player, abbreviated team name, and amount of record for each category. I haven't finished the process yet, but I'll keep working on it. These are the kind of things I see with your extractors as a base.

Anyway, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey averagetsbplayer. I just tried the extractor for single game. I extracted the same game twice.

In the first extraction, I didn't uncheck the box beside 'use original 28 team rom'.

The extraction did leave a place for the names, but their slots were all empty.

So, I tried it a second time, unchecked the box and chose my rom.

This time, there were names present, however, they were not the correct names. In fact, no matter which game state I use, I get the same players names in each slot.

Maybe I just misunderstood. You DID say there were new columns. You didn't say anything about them being working columns as of yet. Is there plans on making the names appear. Or are they left for us to fill in? Just wondering.

I totally revamped the game records program I was creating to use these files in order to get the players names from the files. And I'm close to finishing up on it. But the names thing is important to the final product.

**A note on the program I'm creating using your extracted stats**

I've got it set up to take the CSV form of your spreadsheets (you can upload 16 games altogether, that way you can find game records by the week). When you've uploaded the save state extractions you want, you then hit the 'find records' button and the stats will be output into an INI file

Edited by macknbyner

Well, I think you'd basically just have a class that did a cURL request, got the results, and parsed them into objects or arrays. That way the user basically just fills in their API key and secret in a config file and lets the library do all the heavy lifting...it could even handle encoding the file into base64 by passing it a filename...

Maybe I'll take a stab at writing something raw for you if I get a chance...

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 9/18/2012 at 8:25 AM, TecmoTurd said:

Might I request that you also return the data in json format as well?

Turd, I finally got around to making my http://www.tecmobowltools.com/API/ParseSaveState page support a JSON response. The format matches the XML Schema - just turned into JSON.

I haven't yet documented my error responses, but I'll eventually get to it.

Edited by averagetsbplayer
Update URL

• 2 years later...

Attached is an Excel document which you can paste the exported stats file from the Madison tool into the first tab, and the second tab populates some box score and stat stuff.  Some stats like the score and first downs are not in the csv file from the extractor, so you gotta input those manually.  Also, you'd need the tackle stat hack on your rom to get the tackles, which would then effect the stat for TACK INB %, which is basically just the percentage of plays where a tackle was recorded.  Hopefully it works for anyone that would like this.  My use is for a live tournament where there are recorded stats, print these out for each game and put them in a binder.

EDIT: fixed

Tecmo Box Score.xlsx

Edited by manYo

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2016 at 9:16 AM, averagetsbplayer said:

Manyo - let me know if you have ideas for how to change the extract. I can probably tweak it for you.

it's all good the way it is, thanks..... however, if you are able to add in QUARTER SCORES, FINAL SCORE and FIRST DOWNS, that would be much appreciated.

• 8 months later...

I have been building a little program that can utilize the Stat Extractor and export player stats in career form.   Basically, it takes the CSV files, matches player names and compiles their stats in a text document for viewing.  I can only program in Ruby.  So I'm wondering, what are the chances that the stat extractor site goes down?  Cause in that case, the program I'm making would be pointless.  Secondly, can it be created as a standalone EXE, so that the program could still exist even if the site were to go down?