TecmoBowlTools - Stat Extractor

averagetsbplayer

http://www.tecmobowltools.com/Tools

*I do not make any guarantee about the format of the .csv file. I'm probably going to continue to play around with it and change the column order and/or column headers. I will try to post in this thread as I make changes to the output, but I'm sure I will forget to document all of the changes.

Features
This tool will parse a save state and export data in a .csv format. It currently supports:
Nesticle
- "Single Game" stat extraction for 28-team ROM
- "Season" stat extraction for 28-team ROM

Nestopia 1.36

Nestopia 1.39/1.40

- "Single Game" stat extraction for short/original 32-team ROM

- "Single Game" stat extraction for long/newer 32-team ROM

- "Season" stat extraction for short/original 32-team ROM

- "Season" stat extraction for long/newer 32-team ROM

Everdrive N8 Pro (link)

- "Single Game" stat extraction for short/original 32-team ROM

- "Single Game" stat extraction for long/newer 32-team ROM

- "Season" stat extraction for short/original 32-team ROM

- "Season" stat extraction for long/newer 32-team ROM

FinalBurn Neo (link)

Bugs
- Tackle support is inconsistent even when ROM has hack.

Enhancement Suggestions
- Output calculated statistics (ex. QB Rating, completion percentage, etc.)
- 32-team ROM support

- Support Nestopia 1.3.7 for Mac
- XML output format

* There are two different 32-team ROM bases: A "short" file and a "long" file. 

Edited by averagetsbplayer
Adding FinalBurn Neo note

>http://www.tecmomadison.com/Tools

I'm going to continue to make this a bit better, but I wanted to get something out there. For now, it will take Nestopia 1.39 or Nestopia 1.40 save states and create a .csv file for you. Eventually, I'm going to add support for the following:

- Nesticle

- Nestopia 1.36

- 32-team ROM

- XML output format

- Season stats (it's currently only a single-game extractor)

*I also do not make any guarantee about the format of the .csv file. I'm probably going to continue to play around with it and change the column order and/or column headers. I will try to post in this thread as I make changes to the output, but I'm sure I will forget to document all of the changes.

Great to hear...something that a lot of people are interested in.

32 team rom as far as single game extraction should be the same as 28. That would come into play with Season Stats.

Yeah, this is something that's been on my queue to do for some time. Glad to have someone else do it for me :)

Are you sure it's the same? I thought the 32 team is in a different spot.

We used a 32 team rom and uploaded states to Phile.

It couldn't properly generate a rom or upload one, but it worked just fine.

This would be awesome, but I just tried it and found that the 28-team file only saved stats for the starting QB on the first team. Take a look:

seasonstatextract.png

As you can see, even the QBs stats are incomplete, as Pass Yards are not listed. I could really use this or something like it if I can ever get it to extract correctly.

By tonight, I should have an update to this tool.

- It will be able to dump out Wins, Losses, Ties, Points For, Points Against, Defense Rush Against, Defense Pass Against for the team.

- It will be able to dump out injuries, conditions, and whether the player is a start

- It will be able to dump out the Playbook (in a cryptic way that will not be easy-to-read/easy-to-understand, though)

Questions and possible bug find:

First, I wanted to bring to your attention that the season extractor does not extract stats with floats. Therefor it doesn't extract Ratings, Completion Pct., Punt Average, etc. Didin't know if you intended that. Another thing is that I noticed, it doesn't extract INTs for the QB. (At least I couldn't get it to) Instead, it leaves the space completely blank. Thirdly, for some reason, QB rushing TDs are multiplied by 4 in the output file. Like, I had a guy with 2 rushing TDS, it ended up saying he had 8, The Eagles guy had 6, and it claimed he had 24.

A question:

Can it be made to extract the player's names, instead of a QB1, RB3, WR2, etc.?

I wasn't pulling out the QB ratings, completion percentage, punt average, etc. since those are calculations that don't necessarily need the tool. I'll certainly consider putting those into the output, though.

- I'll have to look into the interception issue.I wasn't noticing it with my testing, but I'll look into it.

- I'll also look into fixing that QB Rushing TD issue. I have a feeling it's a relatively easy fix I can make.

- Unfortunately, I cannot pull the players' names into the spreadsheet since that information isn't available in the save state. I might be able to make it so you can upload the ROM (.nes file) to the site so I can pull the player names. I'll look into it, but that may come a bit later.

I'm going to also try to keep the first post in this thread updated with bugs/fixes/enhancement suggestions.

Thanks for using the tool and keeping me notified of issues. Otherwise, they'll never get resolved :)

These bugs and enhancements have been addressed.

- "Season" QB Rushing TDs are being multiplied by four. Ex. A QB with 4 rushing TDs is appearing to have 16 rushing TDs.

- "Season" QB Interceptions are not being extracted.

- Output Wins, Losses, Ties, Points For, Points Against, Defense Rush Against, Defense Pass Against for the team.

- Output injuries, conditions, and whether the player is a start

- Output the Playbook

I'm thinking that there is an issue with negative yards, but I'm going to need to do some investigation.

EDIT: From what I can tell, negative values are not stored in the "Season data" portion of the save state.

EDIT: From what I can tell, negative values are not stored in the "Season data" portion of the save state.

This is correct and makes sense since it would limit the max amounts.

I don't recall if negative numbers during a season would lower season amounts towards 0. I want to say that they don't considering that negative amounts don't show up on the game leaders

Realistically, it's probably a few months away. I'm going to be insanely busy at work the newt month or so, and I currently haven't done any of the research to figure out where/how the data is stored in the save state for those extra four teams.

I assume that if this information is found and how to determine between the two that this will be trivial to implement?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, when I try to extract the webpage just refreshes and I do not see a CSV anywhere... Internal Compression is already turned off because I've used jstout's extractor for quite some time now, and I have the correct version of Nestopia selected. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I'm uploading an 'sav' file which I've pulled from the "saves" folder in Nestopia 1.40