(NES) TSB 11-12 HIGHSPEED buck/rewhawl PLAYOFFs - Jan 14

buck

Wasn't there another guy that did something like this at one point? What was that guy's name again? Starts with a "K"? People thought that guy was nuts. I know I did when I read all of those posts he wrote before he pulled all of his ROMs down. I'm too lazy to search for it right now. But I recall reading all of those old threads when he did something similar.

Buck, you make one of the best regular running series of ROMs out there. Keep'em coming. If people value your work, and if its better than the rest (and it is), than you're not going to be able to stop the imitators or the opportunists.

Bertolt Brecht wrote a play called "Mother Courage," about a woman who was a war opportunist. In a time of European recession, when everyone was just trying to find something to motivate them to keep trying, she would steal housewares and clothing from dead people and soldiers' homes in Europe while traveling the countryside with her "family" (her own kids who she had raised to be thieves and opportunists just like her). There's always going to be opportunists looking to snatch from those who lead the way (in this case, in TSB ROM-making ;-) ).

The moral of the story is that eventually the teachings of Mother Courage left most of her children either dead or lost. She beat all of the other opportunists out, and in doing so, not only lost her own humanity, but her family, as well.

Don't let the Mother Courages of the world stop you from doing what you (and Jstout, Xplozv, etc.) do so well, and what, literally, thousands of other people find joy from every update that you post. The Mother Courages ALWAYS get what comes to them. Always. And much of the time, they won't see it coming before its too late.

INCLUDING ME... DON'T MAKE ME SAD, BUCK. ;-)

:thumbsup:

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings all, I am brand new to this site and have renewed my love for all things Tecmo Bowl thanks to many of you in these forums.

I do not know why Buck has decided to take down his ROMs but all I have read are fantastic things concerning this latest build.

Could anyone please tell me where I may be able to find this ROM? I am dying to play it and see what amazing improvements Buck has given us.

I would contact Buck directly but I do not know how to go about that.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me get a hold of Buck's latest TSB 11-12 Highspeed Playoffs Jan 14 ROM. ;-)

You are a TSB Rockstar. If they still gave out those Black Panther Helmets of TSB-coding excellence like back in the day, you'd have one by now.

I still occasionally try to convince Knobbe to make a Hall of Fame, or update the old Hall of Fame listings that are still laying around on the Interwebs. Somethin', though. Knobbe has given me ability to make changes to some of the pages here. As we're all finding out, my TSB days of editing are donzo, I think. BUT, I love this 'community,' I love the products that are made, and I will always have time occasionally to do little things for the 'community' itself. Like clean up the forums. Re-organize. Eventually, I'd like to start making 'interviews' with our coding membership here. Or add to TSB.org's Web presence itself (I do Web design). I'm looking forward to fully embracing my new-ish (not really) role as Knobbe-lite, and hanging up my editing cleats, altogether. I can't keep up with you, XP, Bruddog, Hurricance and Drunken, and Jstout! And frankly, I'm tired of trying! ;-)

Hi Buck, Just wanted to say thanks for making this incredible ROM update! I especially like the new defensive formations. I'm not very good at it yet, since I haven't been playing TSB as long as many others here, but I'm happy to report that I won my first pre-season game! Cleveland (Me) vs Cincinnati (COM), 23 to 7. Sure, I got a few lucky fumbles, but it's a heck of a lot better than I usually do. Anyways, keep up the great work!

I missed whatever commotion and hubbub caused the "Great Wall of Buck's ROMs and Updates" to come crumbling down...but as one of the "thousands" MGK has mentioned (and who usually just lurk), the JOY this ROM brings is hard to measure on a board like this.

THANK YOU for reposting it! Just thank lord. Seriously.

its a great game and obviously much harder than the original. my only issue is i play dallas. and Murray fumbles

at least once or twice a game and has hardly any speed. at the time he went out due to his injury he was the leading

rusher and had 6.1yds per carry and almost 900yds. i would like to see him boosted a bit in the game, as it really

hampers the dallas running game,which their offense wasnt the problem, it was the defense.

just some notes... thanks

scott

^^^

Look, I know I'm new here, but buck shouldn't have to hear comments about how X player should have been rated higher.

He took his ROM down again.

I feel for the people who now won't get to play an excellent ROM because some people think that their favorite players aren't rated as highly as they want them to be

You can easily edit the player ratings using the emulator if you want. There's nothing stopping you.

I don't want buck to get to the point where he says "Screw it" and stops making roms.

It is hard work to make excellent ROMs

I urge you, buck, to repost this ROM,

It is 'hard work' to make a complete rom, but it's also been a decent and cheap hobby/time killer. I'm pretty proud of what I've been able to pull off - the first rom with wildcat/hb pass, the first 'stop and go', "wr mirror", and legitimate wr/rb screens. But anyways it's been like a dream come true to be able to make what I've made. And I imagined it would grow so much and get so much love.

For sure, what I've done is based off of work and information gathered from here and there from the most important gurus: jstout and xplozv and bruddog.

I didn't pull rom down because a guy complained about ratings.

I pulled it down because I think I'm "getting the hell out of here". Lately, I haven't been getting a good vibe from this site (people and things) and honestly, I'm pretty pissed at life right now. I reckon it makes me feel better to pull stuff down and walk away from this place.

My favorite hobby is music - in particular electronic music and I have a lot of circuits and 'things' to build and solder. And I guess if I "put tecmo down for reals" I should have more time and focus to this and other things in my life - because I'm getting a bad feeling from this place. I don't trust anyone anymore. Here or at work. Everybody's a fucking scammer. In my life, there are Very few people have I met that do not scam.

I am probably paranoid, but I gotta do something anyways. And I think pulling out of here the way I am is what I'm going to do, for now.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

I say put them back up and take a vacation, dudester. Sometimes we all gotta step away from the painting once in a while.

Leave'em up, and come back to see how people have fucked with your game once you decide to swing back around. Who knows, somebody could take it and start producing something out of it that you wouldn't have imagined, and you could come back to new inspiration. And to be polite, but blunt, chances are if you don't leave a link for someone to download your game from here, someone else is going to just start posting a different version of it, anyway. And then you're going to have a ton of people downloading your ROM, as posted by someone else. Is that what you want?

I say this all with a practical kind of admiration for your work, Buck. Not intending to be inflammatory or disrespectful. I LOVE your ROM. And other people do too. And I don't think the many thousands of people who have downloaded it are going to let it sit idle while its very adept creator takes a coding vacation.

In the end, what I really think is, "What would have happened if CX_ROM took down his 32-Team ROM?" This place would be completely different. We'd still be in an era of TSB-editing where changing the title screen image was considered 'advanced editing.'

Much respect.

^^^

Look, I know I'm new here, but buck shouldn't have to hear comments about how X player should have been rated higher.

He took his ROM down again.

I feel for the people who now won't get to play an excellent ROM because some people think that their favorite players aren't rated as highly as they want them to be

You can easily edit the player ratings using the emulator if you want. There's nothing stopping you.

I don't want buck to get to the point where he says "Screw it" and stops making roms.

It is hard work to make excellent ROMs

I urge you, buck, to repost this ROM,

by me saying that i wanted one player's rating boosted, is NOT the reason

buck took the roms down. it was a mere statement and i'm sure he didnt take offense to what i said and if he did

then i'm sorry. everyone seems to like feedback and that was my "small" amount of feedback.

Let me start with something positive. The work you put into this rom is amazing. I just dont have quite the amount of time to consistently dedicate to roms. my efforts are more sporadic when i get blocks of time.

Taking down the roms seems a bit childish. No one here is making any money or fame from these roms Anyone whose "updated" the game has taken something from somebody else. I dont really understand how someone can "scam" you here.

and don't understand what you get out of taking them down but it is your right to if you so choose.

One last nitpick I had working rb/wr screens, wildcat passes a few years ago in my 2008 rom and i feel they are more authentic given the tecmo framework.

Anyways hope you still continue to put out roms if your time/interest allows for it.

Let me start with something positive. The work you put into this rom is amazing. I just dont have quite the amount of time to consistently dedicate to roms. my efforts are more sporadic when i get blocks of time.

Taking down the roms seems a bit childish. No one here is making any money or fame from these roms Anyone whose "updated" the game has taken something from somebody else. I dont really understand how someone can "scam" you here.

and don't understand what you get out of taking them down but it is your right to if you so choose.

One last nitpick I had working rb/wr screens, wildcat passes a few years ago in my 2008 rom and i feel they are more authentic given the tecmo framework.

Anyways hope you still continue to put out roms if your time/interest allows for it.

my 2007-08 "Time Machine" had Wildcat and worked for COM and MAN, and I know for certain nobody had "published" a working wildcat when I put that out. but thanks for all the help over the years.

"scam" doesn't always mean money.

I made a single post containing most of my roms. I will put a hyperlink in my signature.

It's a good idea to rest from one hobby or another from time to time. I always do things in cycles. Asshole scammers pervade every discipline and hobby, so it kinda has to be that way ;-)

When you're ready to come back, we'll still be here— the assholes, and the good ones too. Thanks so much for all your hard work!

• 1 year later...

Greetings all, I am brand new to this site and have renewed my love for all things Tecmo Bowl thanks to many of you in these forums.

I do not know why Buck has decided to take down his ROMs but all I have read are fantastic things concerning this latest build.

Could anyone please tell me where I may be able to find this ROM? I am dying to play it and see what amazing improvements Buck has given us.

I would contact Buck directly but I do not know how to go about that.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me get a hold of Buck's latest TSB 11-12 Highspeed Playoffs Jan 14 ROM. icon_wink.gif

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/12779-tsb-11-12-highspeed-buckrewhawl-playoffs-jan-14

• DFM changed the title to (NES) TSB 11-12 HIGHSPEED buck/rewhawl PLAYOFFs - Jan 14