SNES TSB1 w/NES Play Graphics

xplozv

Here is a video of SNES TSB1 with NES play graphics. I like the NES ones better. I made a list of SET commands if anyone would like to use this. I also setup the tiles and set commands so that you can transfer any play graphic changes from tsb playmaker if you make your own plays for the NES and want make some plays for SNES TSB1.

9ktjzhlRV2w

Where do you hide off to in your hiatuses? :P

Sometimes life takes me into a black hole and its a long crawl out of it. :wink: So I been sitting back and learning alot and taking in all the great work all you guys have been doing with a smile. I have a little daylight so I'm sharing some of things I been working on quietly.

Here is how the snes play graphics and set command i made are going to work. Snes play graphics are 7 rows of 6 tiles across exactly like the nes. However the Snes has more than twice the amount of play tiles than the nes so a pointer was added to the tile number to specify which group the tiles come from. That pointer is either "08" or "09". So tile "44 08" is different from tile "44 09". To avoid confusion and extra work, I placed all the nes tiles in group "08". I also placed them exactly like they are in the nes so tile "8D" is the same but just written as "8D 08" in the snes. This allow the tile graphics in tsb playmaker to transfer to snes with the least amount of adjustments.

Here is are key notes: In these SET commands, do not change the "08" bytes. Byte "01" for the green field in the nes is "03" in snes, so you are just changing the other bytes as I have taken care of the green tiles for you. Each play slot have their own document of set commands. So if you need to change a specific play you've edited or plan to edit, go to that slot's file and you will see each individual play's set commands to do so.

In the main folder there is a txt file of set commands to add the nes tiles without having to use tile layer pro, this must be done first. Next there are 2 folders, Custom & Default Nes. In Default Nes you'll find each slot's set commands to arrange the play tiles like in the nes as you see in the video in the first post. In Custom you'll find each slot's set commands which are essentially blank with all "0308" which makes all green tiles, So you can add your custom play graphics from scratch or straight from playmaker if you have replaced any original plays.

Look at the image below from playmaker. I will show you how to transfer them.

post-10030-13413730147118_thumb.jpg

03 08 03 08 03 08 93 08 03 08 03 08

03 08 03 08 03 08 94 08 03 08 03 08

03 08 90 08 03 08 96 08 03 08 03 08

03 08 98 08 99 08 9C 08 03 08 03 08

03 08 9A 08 03 08 91 08 03 08 03 08

03 08 C2 08 B1 08 B4 08 03 08 03 08

03 08 03 08 03 08 91 08 03 08 03 08

#t fake sweep r

SET(0x3E000,0x030803080308930803080308)

SET(0x3E040,0x030803080308940803080308)

SET(0x3E080,0x030890080308960803080308)

SET(0x3E0c0,0x0308980899089C0803080308)

SET(0x3E100,0x03089A080308910803080308)

SET(0x3E140,0x0308C208B108B40803080308)

SET(0x3E180,0x030803080308910803080308)

That's all to it! Hope this brings more play creators to the SNES TSB1.

SNES Play Graphics.zip

Exactly what I was thinking. Once that's completed, I think to make it be legit, you'd need:

- Gentechj's NES helmet graphics for SNES. He started and never completed

- Speed up the game a bit. Jstout gave me some info on possibly changing a byte to speed the game up, but I never got it to work. Just a bit to make it feel more like the NES speed

- 32 teams (obviously high on the wishlist, but probably won't happen without a serious SNES guy stepping up)

I think 2 out of the 3 are doable and would make it fun to play, though I like the updated player models...

Will this work, if all the plays are moved around already?

It will definitely work. You will just have to use the Custom set commands. For example if you moved r&s flare c and x out n fly around, copy just the tiles numbers(not the addresses) from the Default Nes set commands for r&s flare c and put them into the Custom set commands for the slot that x out n fly originally was in (again leaving the addresses untouched) and vice versa. That's all to it.

Here is the rom with nes players and the nes play graphics.

NES Players Play Graphics.zip

Exactly what I was thinking. Once that's completed, I think to make it be legit, you'd need:

- Gentechj's NES helmet graphics for SNES. He started and never completed

- Speed up the game a bit. Jstout gave me some info on possibly changing a byte to speed the game up, but I never got it to work. Just a bit to make it feel more like the NES speed

- 32 teams (obviously high on the wishlist, but probably won't happen without a serious SNES guy stepping up)

Hey TecmoTurd do you still have that info about game speed? I would like to check it out if you do. 32 teams would be great too, however, sadly that's where my expertise stops with the SNES. Well, do we really want the Seahawks and Chiefs in the game anyway? :wink: I am working an NES and SNES rom as we speak just can't decide which teams to remove other than the 2 I just mentioned. Do anyone where Gentechj left off at on his project?

There was a post on here about how to change the game speed for the NES. Since you're an NES hack port extraordinaire, maybe if we find that you can get it to jive.

as far as the speed, isn't it because the SNES guys are rated differently (no 69 RP)? probably not, but just wondering what SNES played like with actual NES TSB ratings.

All the sliders for attributes in SNES TSB1 start at x18654 with the last slider starting at x187F4.

I think what you're looking for is at x18794, this is the game speed slider. There are 16 bytes it starts with 10 ends with 1F. Bumping these numbers up will increase all the running attributes (rushing speed, rushing power, and maximum speed all at once.). All 3 have their own slider, but this one increases them all at the same time. I added 10 (making it 20-2F) and it gets very fast. So tinker with it to your liking. If you want to increase the passing speed to adjust it to fit the new game speed that starts at x18764. Again 16 bytes, starting with 44 and ending with 62. I can break down some more of the sliders here with a little time, but its simple to figure out once you change the numbers. Hope this helps!

Honkey Vanish!

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Brilliant. Exactly what I was looking for, and more with the PS thing. This is going in my notes! Now I want to play SNES.

Haha. I had to find it in an original TSB3 rom first. I don't think they match exactly, but some coding above the attribute sliders do. Side note: on TSB3 there is a slider for just Returners on KO, P, INT and Fumbles. This sider only increases the (Hum/Coa/Com) player with the ball only. Do you know if there is one in the TSB1 sliders?

Hey xplozv, do you want the ROM that has the sock color added for your SNES ROM? MRNFL did the original work, and then I went in and cleaned up the graphics a little bit (to my liking). It makes the game pop just a little more...also, be sure to check out my color sheet for some palette info:

Hey xplozv, do you want the ROM that has the sock color added for your SNES ROM? MRNFL did the original work, and then I went in and cleaned up the graphics a little bit (to my liking). It makes the game pop just a little more...also, be sure to check out my color sheet for some palette info:

All the sliders for attributes in SNES TSB1 start at x18654 with the last slider starting at x187F4.

I think what you're looking for is at x18794, this is the game speed slider. There are 16 bytes it starts with 10 ends with 1F. Bumping these numbers up will increase all the running attributes (rushing speed, rushing power, and maximum speed all at once.). All 3 have their own slider, but this one increases them all at the same time. I added 10 (making it 20-2F) and it gets very fast. So tinker with it to your liking.

Thanks for finding this. I tested different speeds and "18 19 1A 1B 1C 1D 1E 1F 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27" plays exactly like the NES speedwise. I haven't tested any passing speeds yet though.

Thanks for finding this. I tested different speeds and "18 19 1A 1B 1C 1D 1E 1F 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27" plays exactly like the NES speedwise. I haven't tested any passing speeds yet though.

It seemed a bit too fast for me at these settings (could just be my game)? I lowered them down one notch each and ran the NES and SNES side by side. It seemed identical at one notch lower. I could be imagining things though.

Does the RS and RP values on the SNES being switched have something to do with anything?

Or, is it just the text that's switched?

I've switched the numbers around before and noticed no change. This is something that always made me wonder.

Great stuff, by the way. Totally stoked over this! :wink:

• 12 years later...
On 9/21/2011 at 4:08 PM, DrunkenGamer said:

I think what you're looking for is at x18794, this is the game speed slider. There are 16 bytes it starts with 10 ends with 1F. Bumping these numbers up will increase all the running attributes (rushing speed, rushing power, and maximum speed all at once.). All 3 have their own slider, but this one increases them all at the same time. I added 10 (making it 20-2F) and it gets very fast. So tinker with it to your liking. If you want to increase the passing speed to adjust it to fit the new game speed that starts at x18764. Again 16 bytes, starting with 44 and ending with 62. I can break down some more of the sliders here with a little time, but its simple to figure out once you change the numbers. Hope this helps!

Honkey Vanish!

This is not correct. Its not a "game speed slider" 

These are starting speed values for all players.... they accelerate from these starting speeds to their top speeds. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 5:58 PM, bruddog said:

This is not correct. Its not a "game speed slider" 

These are starting speed values for all players.... they accelerate from these starting speeds to their top speeds. 

What he said.  I was just guessing the spot inside the range of sliders.  TSB1 on the NES is not my jam... yet