SECOND TSB 3 NCAA BETA READY---STARS REALLY SHINE

hurricane55

This is turning into a season where as a Canes fan, i would be calling for my own head as the coach. 52-21 Oklahoma. The yards don't show how they dominated me. A pick six, blocked punt for a td. Broyles returns a shanked punt to the 5. First TD should have showed me my luck. Completion to Oklhoma wr Stills, i hit him and he fumbles, but then Broyles picks it up for a td. I did finally put together a drive late to show some spark of life. Doesn't help that ny starting RB is still out, and i am missing a starting CB.

post-7960-13413730459674_thumb.jpg

This is turning into a season where as a Canes fan, i would be calling for my own head as the coach. 52-21 Oklahoma.

:wink: You gotta love it! It's a sign of a quality rom when your own crappy team is accurately rated instead of boosted with your bias. I'm almost done my TSB NCAA 11 and in a recent game with my crappy Gators I got rolled by Bama.

This is turning into a season where as a Canes fan, i would be calling for my own head as the coach. 52-21 Oklahoma.

:wink: You gotta love it! It's a sign of a quality rom when your own crappy team is accurately rated instead of boosted with your bias. I'm almost done my TSB NCAA 11 and in a recent game with my crappy Gators I got rolled by Bama.

Nice. I know the escel formula sheet iused to rate all players is stat, ranking and awards driven. That is the reality. The only thing i controlled was the tiering of each rank, and even then is used a top 10, middle 10, bottom 10 mentality. The other area is the weight cutoff for each tier of power and speed. Generally speaking i used less than 200 as fastes tier and weakest, 201 -250 as mid speed and power, and then 251 + as slowest and strongest tier. Also used Class year to help detiermine tiers for impact and IQ. Fresh man lowest, soph 2nd tier iq and impact, junior top tier iq and 2nd tier impact, and seniors as top tier on both. Each tier is then just a beginning, then rankings and awards bump them 0-2 points in each tier. We left gaps for physical condtions. Something like this.

Rating 0 - 16

tier 1

no poor rating, as tier 1 level 1 is as low as the game can go.

0=1

1=2

2=3

3=2 in excellent, 3 in good

4=3 in excellent

tier 2

5=1 in poor condition

6=1

7=2

8=3

9=2 in excellent, 3 in good

10=3 in excellent

tier 3

11=1 in poor

12=1

13=2

14=3

15=2 in excellent, 3 in good and excellent as this is the highest rating on game.

Everyone starts at level 1 in thier tier, then gets the mark ups inside thier tiers. that is why a small backup running back is faster than a majority of linemen. To avoid losing start players, that is where we use the impact rating. Trust us it works. It took a lot of trial and error and back and forth with JSTOUT, but it works. Last step is adding in some other "awareness" features, but we are trying to hold back as we want to finish this one to get play design feed back.

FINALLY!!!! I jumped to an early lead and played bend but don't break defense. Helps they missed 2 fg in first half. Then i got 4 second half turnovers to put it away, including a dline int by vernon. Wilson try to hit his TE crossing short, and vernon made the play. Chambers INT came with 20 seconds left. 2-3.

post-7960-13413730461055_thumb.jpg

Week #2

Oregon v Baylor

Oregon 73

Baylor 21

rushing yards

Ore 468

Bay 16

passing yards

Ore 160

bay 192

sacks

Ore 2

Bay 3

fumbles

Ore 1

Bay 5

Time of Poss

Ore 13:33

Bay 6:27

We are working the pass game still. Also will adjust fumbles. But do you feel its too easy? Maybe just defensively? Though I see RG3 still put near 200 yds on you. Cant wait to see what USC or Standfords stats.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

It is kind of hard to say until the play art work gets added.

I think I will play better overall once I can see what to expect offensively & defensively. Offensivly I will be able to see who my first target is b4 I even pick the play & defensivly I will be able to see what the toughtest play to defend is & work from there. So the play art will have a big factor for me. @ the moment I am just reacting to what I see @ the snap

I feel like the D plays a good game. I think there aligment puts them in a good position to make plays. The only things I think hurt the D is that they miss a lot of tackles (ie I get tied up but then break the tackle) They should get more deflected balls @ the line & in coverage & the DLine should engage the OLine quicker. There where a few times I had Olinemen running free looking to block skinny guys.

I'm not sure how much of this is fixable due to the limitations of the game

I really like the open screen & the graphic touches you have provided.

I feel like the game plays well & still feels like TSB.

I like that there are clear cut run / pass or balanced teams. I like that the D's have an identity as well.

I watched a ALA v LSU, a ALA v OKla State & a LSU v Okla State game and they where all competitive and looked to be somewhat realistic. I like watching some games from time to time to see how the team plays since it is hard to watch every aspect while you are playing.

a few more things

I like that the D moves in the correct direction & is in position to make plays. @ times I felt like the defenders in the original TSBIII where running around w/ no purpose. These defenders are @ least close enough to make a play. They don't always make it but they are there, Which makes it more like real life.

The arrow on the xp's is brutally fast

I don't know if it is a glitch or on purpose but my DT towards the top of the screen starts to stand up b4 the snap.

is there anyway to remove the words "1995 schedule" from the top of the screen when looking @ the schedule?

a few more things

I like that the D moves in the correct direction & is in position to make plays. @ times I felt like the defenders in the original TSBIII where running around w/ no purpose. These defenders are @ least close enough to make a play. They don't always make it but they are there, Which makes it more like real life.

The arrow on the xp's is brutally fast

I don't know if it is a glitch or on purpose but my DT towards the top of the screen starts to stand up b4 the snap.

is there anyway to remove the words "1995 schedule" from the top of the screen when looking @ the schedule?

Did u mean brutally slow on xp arrow? If so, thats already been addressed. One of those small things we keep putting off, then it gets overlooked or forgotten. Ditto for the "95" text.

Ill look into the dline man standing up. Think I know what it is. May not be fixable right now.

Thanks for the feedback. Expect a PM with some updates.

I am speed com v com a season. this allows me stop and watch as well as see if the CPU can put up stats that would match a human game. Asfar as Houston being good, it is because the passing game leans heavy on good QB's. Not knocking Mccaron or Geno smith, but as far as NFL potential and skill sets, Kennum is above them. The [assing game i am doing now is going to have screens and 3 or 7 step drops. Bama will beneift from the screen game as well as quicker routes. And WV will use wr screens and such.

As far as bugs, i have ran across a bug with my new AI. WV seems to have a dead play, but i can't repeat in human trials. Has anyone else come across this. It may be in my build, as i have done some new play coding. It was Clemson at WVU in season. Can't sim anymore games until i find the bug:(

And There are some more graphical upgrades coming as well. DH will be cleaning up some AI programming, and come across a new trick or 2, and we just have to add them. Think everyone will be pleased with the extra effort.

Final note, i will be using IPS patches from here on out until we have the final release. This will allow people to keep their save states intact and not have to keep redownloading.

Been busy with real job, so had to take some me time. But have gotten back on track. Here is the snap shot of the paly art. DH and I have really thought about how busy the play call screen will be. So I would like feed back on the colors. The play design won't be changed, as we have minimized as much as possible just to convey what the play call is. Still mapping and drawing the defense first screen.

post-7960-13413730468091_thumb.jpg

I just noticed Oregon has 2 games in week 3

v FSU & v Texas

Wow, The schedule was on last years, so no one ever caught it. To change it up a bit, we have decide to go with a 14 game schedule. Each team plays every team in their respective conference(conferene in NFL terms, not NCAA.). Each team will have 3 bye weeks. The divisional games are all at the end of the season, and everyone plays 7 home 7 away. (2 and 2 in the division). Also set it up so once we add back in franchise, it will put the top 2 division teams (from previoius year on rom) against each other last game of the year. We are looking into some play off stuff as well. We want to fix the originals "bug" that the top seed doesn't always play at home, as well as control the seeding better.

Final note.....DH has a bad ass graphic touch added, but he won't let me show it!!!!

The new backgrounds look slick! i am not sure if u changed the different types of blitz's and zones as u had before or how u pick your play from 4 options? and i am more of a fan of a 12 game season but either way i am looking forward to it. once again great work!

The plays are broken up based on wr/rb subs. Every formation has 2 players that can be subbed out for a different positional. RB/TE read the same for alignment and play AI, all WR read their own alignments routes. We only did 2 per because of the play art. In reality we could have variations on every skill position, but wouldn't be able to "show" it clearly in play art. So every play has slight variations. On runs, rb's and te's block, while wr will do run offs.

On pass routes the routes will vary as well, just not as much. We want to keep the integrity of the up,down, middle, out play call style we have chosen. The colors identifyt first(yellow), second(orange). These are the main reads for CPU as well. Attacking areas of field. The green is actually a playmaker route. If wr on that route gets his PM boost, then he will run the route deeper. Again nothing drastic, but noticeable. The pink is the check down. CPU will use this as last read, unless.....he went into scramble QB reads, which means there is a scfamble check on last read to determine throw to check down or run. All these checks are done using ratings for CPu player. It uses control rating against a random number to get % of time it will do that read. The IQ of a qb affexts the human by making a random wait before control is given. The lower the IQ, the higher the chance human will have 1 to 2 second control pause. The CPu does the same, but wil also wait longer on every read.

The blitz and Zones have bveen tweaked, but will follow the same ideas as before. We did add boost on right calls, as well as no d style boost if wrong. I will break that down later. Hope I explained our thought process clearly. This game is starting to really come together. Me and DH payed miami at texas. I pulled out a stunner 17-14 with a 45 second 70 yd drive for the winning Td. Coach mode. Good stuff.

Here is how play call works.

I consider vial cover guys as olb, cb, robber, and safety. mlb, de, and dt are usually the blitzers/attackers. Can vary, but not much.

Each formation progressively gains coverage personel. The goal line.....which will now be a version of the 4-3(we'll call it the 46) will have 3 dt, 1 de, 2 mlb, and 1 olb. The 3 base will have 2 de, 1 dt, 2 mlb, 1 olb, and and then a robber or olb. The lb's will line up based on whether the team runs a 3-4 or 3-3-5. The 4 base will have 2 de, 2 dt, 1 mlb, 1 olb, and the robber/olb hybrid that the 3 bas follows. The 4 nick is a 4-2 nickel, 2 de, 2dt, 2 olb, 3 cb's, and 2 safeties. The 3 nick will be 2 de, 1 dt, 2 olb, 1 mlb, 4 cb's and 1 safety.

You will call your defense. The pass plays have zone coverage in the darkened area, with man on the other 2 routes. The pass rushers will attack the qb's, except when IQ rating causes % jump to attack ball carrier....smart d players will attack the rb if it is a run. The blitz will blitz from the dark arrowed areas. The blitzers are actually attacking the rb, except for the iq rating again. They will attack the ball.....which allows smart players to attack the qb on pass plays. There is now an full blitz and full zone. The guess the play feature still exists, with boosts that will make it hard to do anything against the d.

All plays have every player do a ratings check to try and get a PM boost(both speed and power). If that fails, they check their rating against run on run defenses. and pass on pass defenses. a scuccesful check results in a ratings boost. Run boost is power and pass boost is speed. Thier is a 1/8 chance for correct paly call(choose the right play), a 3/8 chance for a run/pass boost. Basically there are 2 plays that will give you a boost if calling same style (run to run, or pass to pass). That means 1 play in the style results in no pass/run ratings boost. Usually the opposite. There is one play on the opposite style that will give you the run/pass boost. It is the one that is the same direction. Ex: Off calls run up, that means jailbreak is run up(between the tackes) for defense, possible power boost for run left (outside top tackle)and run right (outside bottom tackle), no boost for run down(outside blitz), a pass boost for pass up(middle zone), and no boost for the other three pass selections(zone up, zone down, and all zone). Remeber, on all non jailbreak calls, pm check is still done, so teams with alot of playmakers can still boost. The offense will always check for its appropriate boost. Run check can give a power boost, and pass check can give a speed boost. All offensive plays also do the PM check. All these AI routines allows us to make players more akin to real life speed. WR will always have non boosted speed that is better than a lineman. That is the basic idea behind our play calling. Haveing players use ratings to do different things hopefully makes the game feel fresh. It also removed the blanket randomness of the original AI. The game would JUICE players randomly, but that meant the backup CB of houston had the same chance at getting the boost of Honey Badger. Sure, you could make the back up CB with 25 ms and 25 rs, but that meant some Dlineman were faster than him all the time. The new IQ AI helps create Smart players. We purposely coded most defense routines as by the book, go to x and wait, with smart guys sometimes jumping the wait and goto command.

The IQ affects how quickly humans get control fo the ball carrier on runs, and the QB on passes. All the scrambling stuff happens after the human gains control, as humans can still decide when to scramble and when to throw. Just watched LSU vs Houston, and seeing Keenum make quick down the field decisions vs Jefferson slowly dumping it off or scrambling. They had identical playbooks, only difference is the ratings.

Wow that was long, but i think that explains what to expect with the new AI. hope to have a IPS patch out soon with the play art update, as well as some graphical stuff. We really need play testers, as we can't find every bug and edit without getting burned out. Also, this will allows to find money plays, and scale the ratings to allow for more fun:)

Awesome work, guys! I love the various play styles of the different teams.

After watching a few quick COM vs COM games (Clemson vs GaTech/Bama/VaTech), here are a few things I noticed. Yeah, I'm a Clemson guy... still recovering from the Orange Bowl massacre.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Graphics

Clemson's endzone graphic currently looks like the "NC" logo from North Carolina (it should probably be something like a Tiger Paw)

Clemson's Roster

Backup RB

Replace 24 Demont Buice with 5 Mike Bellamy

Wide Receiver

Replace 80 Brandon Ford with 18 Jaron Brown

Replace 18 Jaron Brown with 2 Sammy Watkins

Backup WR

Replace 24 Joe Craig with 1 Martavis Bryant

Replace 26 Marquan Jones with 19 Charone Peake

Backup TE

Replace 11 Bryce McNeal with 80 Brandon Ford

Kick Returner

Should be Sammy Watkins

Punt Returner

Should be Sammy Watkins

Backup LB

Replace 3 V Beasley with 12 Stephone Anthony

Backup DB

Replace 37 K Brown with 32 Carlton Lewis

After watching a few quick COM vs COM games (Clemson vs GaTech/Bama/VaTech), here are a few things I noticed. Yeah, I'm a Clemson guy... still recovering from the Orange Bowl massacre.

Graphics

Clemson's endzone graphic currently looks like the "NC" logo from North Carolina (it should probably be something like a Tiger Paw)

Clemson's Roster

Backup RB

Wide Receiver

Backup WR

Backup TE

Kick Returner

Should be Sammy Watkins

Punt Returner

Should be Sammy Watkins

Backup LB

Backup DB

Graphics are being updated already. We will overhaul all that before the release. Also we are going to update rosters and ratings too. Texas doesnt even have Jaxson Shipley yet. And thats my team!! Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it.

Graphics

Clemson's Roster

Backup RB

Wide Receiver

Backup WR

Backup TE

Kick Returner

Should be Sammy Watkins

Punt Returner

Should be Sammy Watkins

Backup LB

Backup DB

I will also need each players weight as well as year(as of last year). And for db's,lb's,and lineman I need actual positions. ILB, OLB,CB,S, DT,DE. The kr/pr will be done once most of the rom is complete.

• 3 weeks later...