SECOND TSB 3 NCAA BETA READY---STARS REALLY SHINE

hurricane55

BETA LIST OF NEW STUFF

bETA ADDITION FOR JANUARY 2012

1. Qb Read AI in place. This is more for the CPU, but some stuff will effect the user controlled as well. IQ controls the chance that he will read fast and allow control for user quicker. The QB will read as follows, do a double check of main 2 routes on play (1st 2 options for user), and if PC is high, then higher chance he thorws to those 2 rteads. If those are skipped, then QB will use playmaker att to determine if he goes to playmaker (4th option for user, but actually 2nd if you use x to back track selector). the final read is the dump off. Note: Routes are not FINALLIZED BUT DO WORK, as this QB read AI is beta only. Making routes match playbook art is holding this up.

2. Scrambling QB's have higher chnace to abandon play after first 3 reads and take off. No scrambliers will pass almost all the time.

3. Play style % adjusted to include ground attack(ga tech) and air raid.(houston).

4. Defense reworked.....please give feed back as this is the hardest to code.

5. Graphical stuff to get closer to completion.

5. TD celebration right before movie. Players will move toward theplayer that scored TD....DH figured this out. Nothing fancy, but nice to see your teammates run to meet you:) We will be adding more variety, as this was found only 3 days ago.

6. some art work done. Still matching Play AI to some of the runs, mainluy the 2 te and pistol formations.

7. Package formations are in there.

Basically here is the break dwon.

off i

rb--no variation

fb---lines up in back field if TE or RB, lines up as wide slot top if WR

wr1--no variation

wr2--no variation

te--lines up as bottom te if te or rb, lines up as bottom slot if WR

pro

rb--no variation

fb---lines up in back field if TE or RB, lines up as tight slot top if WR

wr1--no variation

wr2--no variation

te--lines up as bottom te if te or rb, lines up as bottom slot if WR

2te/pstl

rb--no variation

fb---no variation--lines up as top te

wr1--lines up as wide out if wr, as top h-back if te or rb

wr2--lines up as wide out if wr, as bottom h-back if te or rb

te--no variation--lines up as bottom te

Theres probably more, but i forgot. We played about 12 games with some friends who don't know much about TSB, and they enjoyed once they figured some of the controller stuff out. Not having pass play art was only real drawback, but i want to get an idea of stuff to do for the pass plays , before we go balls to the wall on that stuff.

8. replaced goal line with 4-6 defense. very aggressive defense.

9. PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!

Old stuff:

Added WR comeback, go deep, or mirror/mimic player 1 controls logic.

Tweaked the defense from scratch again. this is the hardest so far to do.

Playbooks are still default only, changing any plays to other than the first 9 slots, is going to have bad effects...freeze game or just a big Tecmo ORGY.

bottonm safety in 3-4 and 3-3 nickel and 4-2 nickel will lign up over te/wr4

random depth on dline

lbs do hp check for depth and ms for inside outside alignment

ms and hp checks done by dline to vary alignment inside or outside.

audibles do not realign right now. Will be adding that at the end of production.

BETA 1.1 Teams....will be changing

IQ AND PLAYMAKER IMPACT RATINGS

O LINE HAS PASS AND RUN RATINGS

STYLIZED offense and defense base FORMATIONS

PRESSING CORNERS(ONLY THE FASTEST WILL PRESS A MAJORITY OF THE TIME)

run support safeties will crowd line more than non run support

cb1 always over wr1

cb2 always over wr2

3 tier rating system

todo list:

Ratings overhaul when teams are changed. Will use this years stats as opposed to last years when we started.

some graphic touchups

finsihed playbook

finished AI's...JStout is working on one more thing for us.

later

TSB3 NCAA 2012 011512 BETA.zip

One other note, on)'s, when you hand off, there is an IQ check. The IQ decides the route. Up will still be up, but fast guys well trend to go further outside, and power backs more off tackle. Also during this check, the game will give human control at that point as well, or pass and have CPU take the predetermined design route and then give control. So backups will usually finish the base design before human control. It is still behind the line of scrimmage, but at a later time.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

The thought process behind all this is, I always see people complaining this guy ran a 4.3, and he's slower than another guy. I understand why that is done, but with this new rating hack, you can give Felix Jones his 75 MS, but because his IQ and Playmaker ratings won't be as high as Chris Johnson, he won't be as dangerous. Also, because he's a speed guy, he will more often try and bounce it outside, as oppose to Peyton Hilis, who'll try and bulldoze his way through people.

And because the game will check a players IQ before the E4 command is given, back ups will take longer for a HUM to take over. So when your starter gets hurt, you better hope your backup is good. Or you'll have a tougher time running. Same goes for all offensive players.

The next step is a read code. This code will look for a player (this much of the code is 100% doable) Working with Jstout to see if we can expand the area of search, or fingers crossed, look in an area. Hopefully this will increase the COMs difficulty without a mega boost to do so!

All in all we want to make star players stand out. Its in an early stage, so bear with us. We need feedback as we progress to polish this bad boy!

Some of the testing was put on hold the last 2 days. I had a dental appointment early tuesday for a cracked molar, and ended up leaveing late afternoon from the dentists "missing" all 4 wisdom teeth and the broken molar. Vicadin is a hell of a drug:) Should be back on the horse tomorrow, as i finally ate real food this evening. LAter

• 2 weeks later...

great game guys. the trench battles are phenomenal and the game has a generally more solid feel to it. The obvious fixes are the invisible ball when tossed to running back. i feel ball could use a little more zip on the passes and there is sometimes a huge delay after a QB fights off a tackle before he will throw the ball. I liked that O-line will move to protect the QB. anyways some quick feedback after playing a couple games.

great game guys. the trench battles are phenomenal and the game has a generally more solid feel to it. The obvious fixes are the invisible ball when tossed to running back. i feel ball could use a little more zip on the passes and there is sometimes a huge delay after a QB fights off a tackle before he will throw the ball. I liked that O-line will move to protect the QB. anyways some quick feedback after playing a couple games.

Thanks for the feedback. We have something brewing for the pass speed, but our next beta will have a bump in zip. Just so the passing isn't too tough for now. We are in the very early stages and there's plenty of polishing left to do.

As for the delay, that's a coding issue we haven't updated yet. Sometimes the cpu won't throw it at all right now. The QBs will most likely be the last thing we code plays for. Waiting to figure out some things before we start.

So keep an eye out for the next beta, hopefully we continue with improvements

The funny thing is, this stuff was there for the original programmers, they just short changed themselves on how to do AI. Maybe laziness, or not understanding football. Either way, with Jstouts programming help we intend to do away with genereic play AI and randomizers. Any pointers or ideas on how to exploit these new ai paths welcome. We will try anything!!!! You never know what might come out of it. And i sent Jstout info on what to change to add bytes on the origianl TSB SNES. It is possibel to add this to the originals to elimante atts being kinda skewed for superstarts....IE higher MS for a dl than some rb's. All RB are faster, just don't have the it facotr we are trying to add. The hardest part is redoing all the play AI to open up byte codes to create the att checks and boosts. JSTOUT is working on a Bosst for us that will revolutionize the passing game.

Ideally for both, but as you know, the AI is still pretty stagnet and scripted. What we hope to do when all is said and done is have man v man be more about knowing each teams strengths and weaknesses, like a fighting game. The CPU vs Man will hopefully turn out to be as close to that as possible. Our vision is for a newbie to find a team, learn the right"move set" for a team and be able to compete with a vet. One hack we may implement is the random grapple to remove button kings from having a leg up. I have played 3 games with the new Beta, and see an issue with the CPU offense struggling too much. I have trouble, but as a human I can adjust lineups and such. The CPU doesn't adapt, but that can't be changed. That's where juicing comes in I guess. Please give feedback or ideas bruddog. Having a vet like you chunk out thoughts can only improve our game. That's what me and DH do. Just throw ideas back and forth and challenge each other to implement it.

PS; for everyone who plays beta 2.1, if you want an I formation, just sub a true) in at the 3wr spot, and vice versa for I to 3wr. If you put wr at TE, he'll line up as a 4th wr. Just a trick. We are working away to have QB swap as well if you want. The final will have both style formations and hard spot locations.

First things first, Great job to everyone that has worked on this. Truly a fine piece of work.

I really enjoy the upgrades on Beta 1.1 you are moving in the right direction. After playing a few games here are my suggestions. thoughts, wants & ideas.

I think it would be helpful if a or both outside backers where closer to the line of scrimmage. Being as far back as they are the defense doesn't really set an edge.

I really enjoyed how in the JBI series defenders would occassionally walk up to the line & there would be a mix of OLB's / DE's standing or w/there hand on the ground. Sorry to compare you to the JBI seies but it was a series that I really enjoyed.

The D often looks to perfect in alignment, is there a way spread them out & stagger them a little?

I really like the corner play & how the #1 corner follows the #1 reciever & so on.

I really like the blocking on the O line, Overall I think the offense plays very well.

keep up the great work & I look forward to many future versions.

Alright I played a few more games so I have a little more feed back

I really like how the plays change to reflect your FB when you put him in the for the extra reciever, very nice touch

I was running the ball very well & I noticed that the teams stopped running there base d & started running Nickel & Goal line as if they where searching for a solution. Is the computer that smart? If so you all have done something amazing.

My outside LB comment in my previous post only applies to teams that run a 3-4, I think the 4-3 is set up very well. The only negative I see w/ the front 7 in the 4-3 is that if the team you are playing has a tradition TE (Standford was a team I played that did) the TE gets a good seal on your bottom DE as he is over the Tackle. Is there a way to make the DE cover the last man on the line of scrimmage w/ there hand down? Have the Middle Backer cover the Center @ depth while standing like current, The DT covering the Strong side Guard like current, the Sam LB covering the Strong side Tackle standing @ depth & then the DE covering the TE w/ an outside shade or head up on the TE w/ his hand on the ground. The positioning would eliminate the easy seal.

I like the overall pursuit of the defenders. They seem to take better angles than on any other version of the TSB series I have played.

I noticed that if you are running a formation w/ twins to the top the D will send both corners up there & leave both safeties in the middle (be it up close or @ distance) Is there a way to roll one of the safeties down? I ask because OU has a running play to the bottom out of that fomation & I was killing Alabama, Miami & LSU w/ that play. even if they defended it well I was picking up 4yds @ worst. W/ no outside presence the D is @ a major disadvantage.

I like the passing but having a few more passes broken up by the D would be cool to.

Excuse me if the following are stupid questions, I know zip about creating a game but these are things I have often wondered about since I first got addicted to TSB III.

Is there a way to make certain teams audible heavy? Not for looks but for actual match up advantage purposes (O & D), Maybe like a lesser team like a Boise or a TCU. Alabama is just going to line up & kick your ass but not every team has that talent.

Can D lineman be positioned slightly different from one team to the next or is there just a template for certain D's & they default accordingly? Maybe OU runs a traditional 4 dl head up & then USC runs 4 dl w/ 1 dt splitting the c/g gap etc.

Is there a way to make certain D lineman better @ holding there ground & less active? Typically the DL in a 3-4 are there to funnel the action to the backers, They are more meant to hold there ground where as a DE in a 4-3 is going to be active @ the line & in the backfield.

Are the O lineman assigned to block certain defenders or do they just cover a certain area? This is just something I have always wondered.

I was running the ball very well & I noticed that the teams stopped running there base d & started running Nickel & Goal line as if they where searching for a solution. Is the computer that smart? If so you all have done something amazing.

Not us, but there is what we think is a defense juice byte for each team we can tweak when we finish up. That may be what controls this

My outside LB comment in my previous post only applies to teams that run a 3-4, I think the 4-3 is set up very well. Is there a way to make the DE cover the last man on the line of scrimmage w/ there hand down? Have the Middle Backer cover the Center @ depth while standing like current, The DT covering the Strong side Guard like current, the Sam LB covering the Strong side Tackle standing @ depth & then the DE covering the TE w/ an outside shade or head up on the TE w/ his hand on the ground. The positioning would eliminate the easy seal.

It is possible to have him read, but it would be the TE, and when its wr4, he would go there. We may handle this with D audibles.

I noticed that if you are running a formation w/ twins to the top the D will send both corners up there & leave both safeties in the middle (be it up close or @ distance) Is there a way to roll one of the safeties down?

we will code a defense against this offense formatio to react to the whole better

I like the passing but having a few more passes broken up by the D would be cool to.

Ratings tuning will be needed. Give us the feedback like this, and we will tweak as best as possible

Excuse me if the following are stupid questions, I know zip about creating a game but these are things I have often wondered about since I first got addicted to TSB III.

. No such thing as a stupid question:)

Is there a way to make certain teams audible heavy? Not for looks but for actual match up advantage purposes (O & D), Maybe like a lesser team like a Boise or a TCU. Alabama is just going to line up & kick your ass but not every team has that talent.

. Not really, unless the game has a team specific byte controlling this :wink:

Can D lineman be positioned slightly different from one team to the next or is there just a template for certain D's & they default accordingly? Maybe OU runs a traditional 4 dl head up & then USC runs 4 dl w/ 1 dt splitting the c/g gap etc.

. Very doable, space permitting in the defensive AI area

Is there a way to make certain D lineman better @ holding there ground & less active? Typically the DL in a 3-4 are there to funnel the action to the backers, They are more meant to hold there ground where as a DE in a 4-3 is going to be active @ the line & in the backfield.

. Again very doable, space permitting

Are the O lineman assigned to block certain defenders or do they just cover a certain area? This is just something I have always wondered.

Easiest question :P. Yes they are assigned, but we use a trick to have some lineman not block oppenents, but go to protect ball carrier. We are working with Jstout on some AI to combine both.

Thanks for the feedback. This is how me and DH like it. Nothing will hurt our feelings. We want the challenges. The defense line style is an awesome example. There is a way to control this, and I will try my damnedest to fit it in. It gives each D a character. And makes every game unique. On pasdsing, we are close to exploding qb play out of the box, and giving the o its own style for every team. Ther QB is the face of most offenses, foir good or bad. Later. Damn Jacory harris. O well, I'm 4-1 on the beta. :P

I love the idea of the teams having a offensive & deffensive identity. I don't ever play against anyone so having a chance to play cpu controlled teams that have a certain style is very appealing to me.

I keep forgetting to mention I really like the punt formation you created, Nice attention to detail.

The Alabama end zone art is pretty impressive as well.

You guys have really done some fantastic work here I can't wait to see the next beta.

I am glad you are all so open to new ideas & feed back

Just noticed these are your first posts. Welcome to the site. I joined like 2 1/2 years ago as a player, and have been learning the ins and outs of hacking/editing these games. There are some other great games. JG GAMES 32 team ncaa TSB is our insiration, and there is an original TB 32 team ROM by Tecmo Turd that is realitvy new(within the last year it was hacked). ME and my brother Drunken_Honkey love College football and Tecmo Bowl. Him, Tecom Turd and I ahve created A Coach K edit of basketball as well for the Gens emulators. Try it out if you like March Madness. And jump in on all the topics. the guys that run this site R&D along with taking info from others. Kind of the MT Remix name origin. Our first initials and our tendancy to Remix otheres hacks to fit our games style. Jstout is the one that helps us debug and find some of the info we need to get this thing shined up. Later, and enjoy. I will hit you up for more ideas as well, and we always credit those who help out, even with ideas.

I've been lurking for a bit but I rarely post as I don't have any hacking skill. I don't know how hard things are so I would hate to be seen as some newbie that is asking the world but can't do anything.

I've downloaded a few games over the years, xplozv's JBI series for the NES has really impressed me. I never would have expected a game that old to have that much room for improvement.

I'm not the college fan I used to be but I stll catch most OU games.

To be honest in my dream world I would love to have a fully tweaked & altered TSB III w/ the original rosters & offensive play book accurate for that time. I was @ my NFL love peak back then so those are my favorite players & Tems. I miss the Oilers.

I'm not much of a basket ball fan but eventually I would probably like to track down a No Mercy / Virtua Pro Fighter 2 (AJPW version) rom but I haven't ventured into the N64 market.

I think it is great that you are remixing other versions, if there is something good out there & you think you can take it to the next level than that makes it all the better for everyone.

This site is for the players as much as the hackers. Post as much as you want. And Even though you are a OU fane, DH might get you some N64 no mercy sites. There are actually people who have hacked that as well to update the music and rosters. Its ridiculous how that gaming time (early 90's) produced some goldengames. I still game now, but man those games still suck you in so much more. Maybe its just us old farts reliving our glorygaming years, before life and bills:) Later. NFL time!!!!

Currently I am playing as Stanford against USC & the middle run play on the right (PB#2) (HB Off Guard) is Killing USC.

The formation is trips to the top w/ a TE on the bottom & single back. USC is on ocassion keeping a defender to the bottom wide but not always (it looks like when they are in base nobody is wide but when they come out in nickel they have a db wide. They flow very well but they just can't get there quick enough

No Mercy & VPF2 where the last games I bought for a platform, I never got passed N64.

They both had pretty good detail & you could work a match w/ a certain style which is what I enjoyed. I like to play those games & produce the kind of match I would like to watch. The Tag Team moves where a nice touch as well as where the belts & title histories. I would like to find a rom that was filled w/ guys from the late 80's early 90's as I was always a huge Demolition, Hart Foundation, Dino Bravo, Greg Valentine fan.

Found a glitch in one of my defenses, but it won't be fixed until next beta. Am also adding very ugly art work. (DH hasn't started that as we still don't have a definative playbook, so i am throwing a very basic look to give some idea to what you will be running on each play.) I am also plotting out all the formations. If i remeber correctly, there are 18 formations available, and some share audible pointers, so give us the formations you want and we'll pick the most requested. Wing is already tagged for the game, as well as pistol. If you can, show the plotting for the formation as well. Just draw it up on paint. And plays would be nice. We'll try to implement all of them, as well as credit the sugestions if we think it is unique. Option and wild cat are already going in. And one other note, we have found something cool with punting, but it is not quite ironed out. I can now angle punt....well sort of, it is using the kickoff coding. I am trying to figure out some things to make it work 100% on punts. there are some wholes that are keeoing it out of the game right now. Later.

As far as formations go I would suggest

Single Back w/ 1 te & 3 Wr's w/ motion

I formation w/ 1 te & 2 Wr's

I formation w/ 2 te & 1 Wr

Pro Formation w/ 1 te & 2 Wr's

Spread from the Gun

Gun w/ 3 Wr & 1 te & 1 rb

As many formations as you want to dedicate to the Oregon offense.

On top of the 3 you already have

Wing

Pistol

Wildcat

I may be in the minority but I would prefer a lesser # of formations in exchange for a great # of plays per formation.

Is it possible for you to break open the playbook so any play can be put in any slot?

Moving to the Defensive side of the ball is it possible to have different D's for different teams?

Maybe have a mix of the follow 6 fronts

3-3-5

4-3

3-4

Nickel

Dime

Goal Line

On your coverages can you have blitz packages mixed in like a corner blitz off the slot w/ a FS rolling over to take the coverage if a man v man set etc?

As far as formations go I would suggest

Single Back w/ 1 te & 3 Wr's w/ motion

I formation w/ 1 te & 2 Wr's

I formation w/ 2 te & 1 Wr

Pro Formation w/ 1 te & 2 Wr's

Spread from the Gun

Gun w/ 3 Wr & 1 te & 1 rb

As many formations as you want to dedicate to the Oregon offense.

Motion is a possibility

the other 5 are what we consider to be normal and will be on there

On top of the 3 you already have

Wing

Pistol

Wildcat

These will be on there as well.

I may be in the minority but I would prefer a lesser # of formations in exchange for a great # of plays per formation.

Actually, if you think about football, run plays are basically the same, just different formations and ideas on how to get to the holes (01,2,3,4,5,6,7etc....)

And the passing game is the same, as formations only exist to create matchups to exploit

Is it possible for you to break open the playbook so any play can be put in any slot?

Short Answer no. the reason is that the game assigns a bit(half a byte....Finally using the right term JSTOUT :) ) to each play and so and would require rewriting the assembly code for that.

It doesn't mean that a play can't be on 2 differnet play slots, but we tend to try and keep it Middle, Top, Bottom, and a wild card slot for the last slot. On passing kinda the same.

Moving to the Defensive side of the ball is it possible to have different D's for different teams?

We already do, but as far as mixing up 3-4 and 4-3 on the same, it gets real messy with the jumper codes. It's possible, just not feasable with the limited area in the defense AI section. We can barely fit the prototype AI we are writing without loosing space.

Maybe have a mix of the follow 6 fronts

3-3-5

4-3

3-4

Nickel

Dime

Goal Line

We have the goalline, 4 line nickel, and replaced the dime with the 3 line nickel. Very few teams run out 6 db's, and we don't really have a 5 wr set. The 4-3 and 3-4 are style based, but we do have a trick in there to give the 3-3-5, and the 4-2-5. they use the same dline set as the base 4-3 and 3-4. The LB's have a check to determine what style they are to realign them as the robber formation, as well i have rated the robber backer like a safety.

On your coverages can you have blitz packages mixed in like a corner blitz off the slot w/ a FS rolling over to take the coverage if a man v man set etc?

That is on the to do list, but first have to iron out the AI checking to start actually coding based on the formation. I have a real basic script running.

And finally, i have a 80% functional QB AI running. It is pretty awesome, just thought it up today with DH, and already installed a placeholder testing on the ROM. It takes a lot of lines, but it is awesome to see it play out on screen. Hope to have a new Beta next week with the QB AI running, as well as some new WR stuff. Also, DH and I have decided to change a few teams in light of the actual season starting.

SC out for Clemson(Good record and colors)

Miss St out for Georgia Tech(good record and unique offense)

Mizzou out for Baylor(RGIII)

Anm will move to big east on our rom in place of Northwestern(they want out of BIg 12, so goodbye...plus Nwestern was a bubble team already for us)

Penn State out for Michigan(Shoelaces...can't pass but he is exciting, and with the new QB AI, should be fun to try and stop)

Utah out for UCLA(Think JSTOUT is fan....and we are remixing his base logic as well as in constant contact with him about ideas.)

The funny thing is, with my formula spreadsheet and hex converter, the graphics are actually the hardest part on teams now. Big change from when i used to have to hand type everything.

SWAG OUT

-Franchise- wrote:

. Again very doable, space permitting

Franchise,

Iwould like more of the break down on this, as this is actually a pretty simple coding AI for me. But i want to get it right when i start writing the code.