Bruddog's 2011 ROM

bruddog

Here is my 2011 rom with rosters accurate as of 9-5. Please let me know any errors you see. The ratings stick to the original caps though you will see more highly rated defenders in particular. A full hack version with and without my special playbook hacks should be available in about one more week. Here it is:

bruddog_2011.zip

This "purist" version has one minor hack

1. Player 2 Condition Fix - Player 2 conditions display correctly

and one BRAND NEW MAJOR HACK that helps rate players:

QB's:

Pass Ability- Determines if a pass is on target as well as if its completed

Avoid Interception- Determines if a pass is intercepted.

DEFEDERS

Interceptions- Determines a DB ability to intercept a pass

Coverage- Determines a DB's ability to prevent a pass from being completed

Manual sample:

TEAM: New England Patriots

Predicted Conference Finish: 1st

OFFENSE RATING: 90

DEFENSE RATING: 85

OVERALL: 93 (Super Bowl Quality)

Any season that doesn’t finish with a Super Bowl is a lost season for the Patriots. After steamrolling through the regular season, they fell victim to the Jets. They have re-tooled the defense and brought in a new WR in hopes of fixing the few faults they had.

Offensively the Pats don’t do much to hurt themselves with Pro Bowl QB Tom Brady rarely throwing an untimely interception. The Patriots like to use both of their athletic tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez at the same time. Lively personality Chad OchoCinco was acquired to help stretch the field and leave more space for sure handed Wes Welker. The patriots offensive line is perhaps in the best in the league and Guard Logan Mankins opens big holes for sure handed RB Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis and scatback Danny Woodhead.

The patriots pass rush and was a cause for concern last season but the additions of Albert Haynesworth, Shan Ellis, and Andre Carter massively upgrade the defensive line and give Belicheck the option to run a multitude of looks on defense. Jerrod Mayo and Brandon Spikes are a pair of solid linebackers. The secondary generated a lot of interceptions last season but overall it was shaky. Tthe two weakest links have been jettisoned . Leigh Bodden is a sold corner and Devin McCourty looks to build on his pro bowl season. Patrick Chung is solid at strong safety.

The Patriots likely won’t have a +28 turnover margin again but they have addressed the weak links from last season and will be tough for anyone to beat.

TEAM: New York Jets

Predicted Conference Finish: 2nd

OFFENSE RATING: 55

DEFENSE RATING: 88

OVERALL: 75 (Playoff Caliber)

Outspoken Coach Rex Ryan has predicted a Superbowl for his Jets the past two seasons but they have yet to reach the big game falling short in the conference championship twice.

GQ QB Mark Sanchez will have to take another step forward if the Jets are to have a chance at making a Super Bowl. The Jets like to pound the ball behind their massive OL led by once in a generation center Nick Mangold. That sets up the play action fake to speedy WR’s Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Buress . LaDanian Tomlinson will have a reduced role as he will be mostly utilized in obvious passing downs

The Jets lost out on the Asomghua sweepstakes but still have a defense that is tough to do much against. Losing Shaun Ellis to the rival Patriots makes the defensive line a weak link with no one left to creat pressure. Rex Ryan will probably rely on his exotc blitzes more than ever this season. Luckily the LB’s are excellent anchored by Calvin Pace and “Can’t Wait” Bart Scott. You can get away wth blitzing a lot when you have a pair of great corners. Having a full year to recover from his injury Darrel Revis should be back to his all-world self. He constantly keeps opposing teams WR’s on lockdown. Cromartie is o slouch and does a great job locking down the other side of the field.

The Jets should make the playoffs again but the offense will have to improve for this team to be a contender and not a pretender.

Jets 75 - Pats 93

In my opinion, that's a little too much differential for a Jets team that beat that Pats team 2 out of 3 games last year.

Can't wait to read redskins bio.

shut your mouth

Those write ups are awesome. Can't wait to read all 32!

2nd

If we are talking last seasons teams then yes the differential would be closer. But the pats revamped the d line and got rid of the weak links in the secondary...the jets added burress

Still in tecmo terms 90 and 70 are probably close. Youll have to play with the teams and see.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Played 4 games vs zuir tonight on the rom

Game 1 Polamalu picks off Rivers twice but San Diego makes a late comeback and Nate Kaeding FG wins it for Zuir.

Game 2 We switch and San Diego falls into the early 14-0 hole. Some Antonio Gates action got the Chargers back in it. The Chargers go for the win rather than the tie late and come up short. Time for one last play...88BC mendenhall fumbles and the chargers defender runs 30 yas but gets tackled on the 3 yard line.

Game 3 CLE vs CAR Deangelo Williams found running room early and McCoy was picked off in the Redzone. However faced with a 3rd and long Newton threw a pick. Cle capitilizes with a TD. A long Carolina drive would end with nothing. Carolina gets the ball up 14-7 but again a long drive ends with nothing. Hillis beasts his way down the field and Mccoy hits the TE for the tieing score. Deangleo gets loose though and gets CAR in FG range and I lose again on a FG

Game 4 CHI vs ATL I take the opening kickoff with Hester for a TD. That would be about the only time i would be ahead in the game. ATL offense was very efficient and two CHI turnovers including a late Cutler pick made it a 31-21 victory for ATL.

• 1 month later...
Greetings from Russia! Is it possible to make this ROM in Mac-version?

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

The game itself is platform independent

You can download an emulator for the MAC

Hi there i'm from France and i'm a newcomer on this site...i 've just tested your last update of TSB Bruddog's 11 - 12 ...i'm really surprised how fun this update could be... Thanks for everything...still i'm a lil embarassed,i just ( if you want) want you to change the color of the bills helmet on the menu and others display screen cause it's still red and it supposed to be white...and if you can change some playbook plays to be more tricky like college plays (more wildcats).I guess it's a lotta work though it's seems that it should be no sweat for you and yours...once angain thanks for everything continue to keep this beauty alive ....salut a tous prenez soin de vous (later everyone, take care of yourselves)...please keep me in touch...Vive Tim tebow!!