Tecmo Super Bowl 2012

Knobbe

ok. Rewhawl and I rated the teams as much as we rated the players. We did not go for a "madden-style" approach. We went for creating a "balance of powers", similar to the original TSB. It's all about THE TEAM.

Yeah, you can tell. That's what I was getting at.

Peyton - I say out. Latest I heard was 2-3 months with a possibility to return, but that's highly unlikely, IMO. When I played the 2008 ROM, I didn't use Brady.

Last, I have some changes to the Pats roster if you want them. It's definitely players who will be playing more/showing up more on the stat page, not just personal preference. Otherwise, I can always take the 4 seconds and change it myself.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning out for the season.....the question is.....is he removed from the ROM or moved to QB2?

dang. I say take him all the way out. There goes Warren Moon....and then what to do with Wayne, Collie, Clark, and Garcon - the Indy "stable"? This really throws a monkey-wrench in the rosters.

I say no way. Who the hell wants to play with the Colts without Manning? Make him QB2 and leave it at that. If we're talking Original Rom, then all the people that download it and want to play with the NFL as we know it, with all the stars, then they will be sorely disappointed with Manning not included. If you totally disagree then I ask, plea actually, that you perhaps have a 4th version of your rom being the "ideal" version with no injuries affecting depth charts. The average joe wants Peyton in the game.

Nah, I say keep Manning on and as the starter.

Makes no sense as 2nd string when everyone will immediately sub him in.

There are exceptions to certain dilemas like this and while Peyton is the only reason to play as Colts, taking him out would only make.... the Pats that much better...HAHAHAHAHHAHAA LOL

Manning out for the season.....the question is.....is he removed from the ROM or moved to QB2?

dang. I say take him all the way out. There goes Warren Moon....and then what to do with Wayne, Collie, Clark, and Garcon - the Indy "stable"? This really throws a monkey-wrench in the rosters.

I say no way. Who the hell wants to play with the Colts without Manning? Make him QB2 and leave it at that. If we're talking Original Rom, then all the people that download it and want to play with the NFL as we know it, with all the stars, then they will be sorely disappointed with Manning not included. If you totally disagree then I ask, plea actually, that you perhaps have a 4th version of your rom being the "ideal" version with no injuries affecting depth charts. The average joe wants Peyton in the game.

sounds good. rewhawl buys it, too.

I'm sorry, I thought this was a 2011/12 ROM...

Maybe we can put Dan Marino on the Dolphins so they'll be better too.

All joking, I don't really care....

Peyton is the only reason to play as Colts, taking him out would only make.... the Pats that much better...HAHAHAHAHHAHAA LOL

Don't get too cocky, my man. Pats haven't won shit in 7 years. They gotta stop choking in the playoffs.

Vick with a 50 max speed really? AP with 75 max speed? You realize vick ran a 4.34 40yd dash at the combine, AP ran a 4.38. Vick is faster. desean with max 63 speed? must be some Eagle haters.

post-3789-13413730015809_thumb.jpg

First of all, Peyton isn't technically out. He's a shitty Colts performance over the last two months of being out for the year.

Actually, I was think that in the next week or two we would release a How-To entitled: TSB Tool: Putting Peyton on your PUP

Plenty of thoughts on where I disagree, but I don't want to pile on, especially since so much of this is subjective and you guys are going for balance in gameplay over strict accuracy, but here's some stuff that really stood out to me.

BAL QB2: Tyrod Taylor is very mobile and ran for over 2,000 yards in college. Yet here he is listed with 6 maximum speed.

NO: Jeff Charleston is listed as the starting OLB (the out of place 4-3 DE). On Thursday the Saints started Cameron Jordan there. As a Saints fan I can tell you that Jordan or Turk McBride is going to receive the majority of the time there and should be listed instead.

There are other places where I disagree with depth-chart decisions, but I figured this would be a start. Nice work on putting the ROM together.

Plenty of thoughts on where I disagree, but I don't want to pile on, especially since so much of this is subjective and you guys are going for balance in gameplay over strict accuracy, but here's some stuff that really stood out to me.

BAL QB2: Tyrod Taylor is very mobile and ran for over 2,000 yards in college. Yet here he is listed with 6 maximum speed.

NO: Jeff Charleston is listed as the starting OLB (the out of place 4-3 DE). On Thursday the Saints started Cameron Jordan there. As a Saints fan I can tell you that Jordan or Turk McBride is going to receive the majority of the time there and should be listed instead.

There are other places where I disagree with depth-chart decisions, but I figured this would be a start. Nice work on putting the ROM together.

yeah, I caught the Tyrod MS the other day (he went up and flacco went down).

Sorry about the Saints roster - I'm not an avid fan (of any team, really) and just look up the depth charts on websites, it's hard to tell who is gonna start the season from preaseason depth charts. Will make the change you suggested.

as far as "balance" - you are correct. I'm not trying to make all-star teams based on real-life speed. I'm making teams like the original TSB programmers made them - because it's proven to be a great system (look at all the online play and major TSB tournaments using the original teams - and the balance of power those teams have).

I have some Browns complaints. Phil Taylor is a black dude. He is white in the game. Robiskie isnt in the line-up. Fb Clutts was signed by the bears so i think Armond Smith should be in the lineup defenitly. And Peyton Hillis's rec. is too low. He was a beast out of the Back field. And Mike Adams should replace usama young!! Probably too late to complain now but oh well. I'll get an editor and do it myself. haha thx for making this rom who ever did

I have some Browns complaints. Phil Taylor is a black dude. He is white in the game. Robiskie isnt in the line-up. Fb Clutts was signed by the bears so i think Armond Smith should be in the lineup defenitly. And Peyton Hillis's rec. is too low. He was a beast out of the Back field. And Mike Adams should replace usama young!! Probably too late to complain now but oh well. I'll get an editor and do it myself. haha thx for making this rom who ever did

not too late, just in time! thanks. and hillis has 50 REC.

It is a bit annoying when guys come on here and say "Such and such player ran a 3.4 forty in the combines, he should be 94 MS." I know the intentions are good to offer insights and criticism, but attributes like MS shouldn't only be decided by raw speed. Also, it's hard to gauge rookies, but erring on the side of caution is usually the best option. So many players are busts in the NFL. Stats seems like the best indicator with taking into account overall team performance and allowing a sprinkle of uniqueness to each player.

It is a bit annoying when guys come on here and say "Such and such player ran a 3.4 forty in the combines, he should be 94 MS." I know the intentions are good to offer insights and criticism, but attributes like MS shouldn't only be decided by raw speed. Also, it's hard to gauge rookies, but erring on the side of caution is usually the best option. So many players are busts in the NFL. Stats seems like the best indicator with taking into account overall team performance and allowing a sprinkle of uniqueness to each player.

Totally agree.how fast a guy runs in shorts on a track rarely equates to the field.and in the NFL every team has tons of 4.3 40 guys but that don't mean they warrant bo Jackson speed! Def production is the main thing to measure speed in tsb.

Vick with a 50 max speed really? AP with 75 max speed? You realize vick ran a 4.34 40yd dash at the combine, AP ran a 4.38. Vick is faster. desean with max 63 speed? must be some Eagle haters.

Actual speed doesn't translate literally to Tecmo and doesn't translate equally across positions.

Vick is the fastest QB in the game. His 44 ms is definitely enough to dominate an opponent with runs while not making it ridiculous to play the game ala Vick-Madden 2004.

Peterson's speed is based on his performance. We don't have agility, body balance, stamina, etc. We have Max speed.

Actual speed doesn't translate literally to Tecmo and doesn't translate equally across positions.

Vick is the fastest QB in the game. His 44 ms is definitely enough to dominate an opponent with runs while not making it ridiculous to play the game ala Vick-Madden 2004.

Peterson's speed is based on his performance. We don't have agility, body balance, stamina, etc. We have Max speed.

TSB2011 Vick also has - a 50 ms RB and a 63 ms WR - to party with. TSB QB EAGLES never dreamed of such luxury.

Cmon BRO - nobody can run like VICK, not just a knock on his 44 speed but his arm speed as well, nobody has the arm strength of 7, he is the black Elway

dont mean to be a bitch either, i have been to arrowhead i not only see thurman tthomas run i have see pit's kelly, and i have the chiefrs david krieg yo, I THINK IT IS DEAVID KRIEG OVER WZARREN MOON on fumbles