Tecmo Super Bowl 2012

Knobbe

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knobbe, I'm assuming you're going to post all of the roms in the first post of the thread so it's easier to find.

MGK, in your rom, when I went to the options on the first page, it only allows 5 min qtrs and it locks up and doesn't let you back out of that page.

Some other things I noticed...in case you are makign an update:

- There is a "WR Patriots" on their depth chart

- John Beck is starting instead of Rex Grossman

- No Michael Crabtree - not sure if that was deliberate

Hopefully this is helpful...just let me know if I'm being a pain. I figure you do all the hard work and I get to reap the benefits with a great game. The least I could do is help you with some quality control...

Some other things I noticed...in case you are makign an update:

- There is a "WR Patriots" on their depth chart

- John Beck is starting instead of Rex Grossman

- No Michael Crabtree - not sure if that was deliberate

Hopefully this is helpful...just let me know if I'm being a pain. I figure you do all the hard work and I get to reap the benefits with a great game. The least I could do is help you with some quality control...

Yup, keep on posting

I just wanted to say this is a great Rom. Im a diehard Raiders fan.

Two things and they are very minor here. One Jason Campbell has a 6 for maximum speed.

I think he is a little quicker than Dan Marino was back in the original TSB.

The second one is D.Heyward Bey and Kevin Boss both have a 31 for max speed.

Other than that im having a great time playing this one.

Keep up the great work.

Steelers RB Mendenhall is listed as a WR instead of a RB.

:D

never seen that before, nice find. He's programmed as RB2 in a 2RB-2WR-1TE set.

I went back and checked CXROMS' 32-team rom (v 1.05, the source rom we all use) and Pittsburgh RB2 is also listed as WR.

I'm real excited about all of this years ROMS. They seem to be coming out much more polished from the start as opposed to being released with a WIP rom and then being modded along the way all season. The hacking and manipulation this year seems to be impeccable.

The only thing that I don't think is an upgrade, is the skin colors. In the original, the white players and black players seem to be colored pretty good. In this years rom, the black players seem to be more of a dark grey (like the color of my car) instead of the "african american flesh color" that they portray in the original rom. Just wondering why this was changed.

Other than that one little thing, this years roms are on the verge of perfection and create a new foundation for future roms to come.

I'm very happy to be a part of a community like this that is also so passionate about a 20 year old game as I am.

I had a great time at the Chicago tournament last year and being able to meet Matt Knobbe and Buck and others.

btw, when are we going to get another chicago tourney?

The only thing that I don't think is an upgrade, is the skin colors. In the original, the white players and black players seem to be colored pretty good. In this years rom, the black players seem to be more of a dark grey (like the color of my car) instead of the "african american flesh color" that they portray in the original rom. Just wondering why this was changed.

skin color - noted and adjusted (back to original 06, 16, 0F, and a few alt colors for uniform effect)...thanks for bringing this up - something I glossed over from a previous years roster.

all of these roster adjustments that everyone's been bringing to the table have been addressed. there will be an update soon, so if you see any other 'defects' - don't hesitate to let us know.

skin color - noted and adjusted...

...so if you see any other 'defects' - don't hesitate to let us know.

Everything else looks good. Thanks for the skin color change. The only thing that I can think of is the Dolphins alternate jerseys being Orange. (in week 1) I don't think they are going to wear those this year. I don't believe they wore those last year either. Is there a way to confirm this information on a website or something?

Buck's got the ratings / roster / SIM stats, But for the updated 2012 version, the graphic changes are all me. Let me know what works and doesn't work. I definitely have an update coming in the future. Don't hesitate to point something out to me.

PS - Atlanta's airport has way better artwork in it than Boston's.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

I just took a look through all the attributes (for mostly the Top 10-20 at each position) and they are for the most part right on! I like going through and seeing attributes matched to the original.

QB Bills -> Brady

Okoye -> Hillis

BO -> AP

Neal -> Charles

BTW - thanks for making Brady the #1 QB...someone finally got it right!

If you're accepting roster changes, I have a few..........

I'm sure attributes are not up for discussion, but you are very kind to Sam Bradford. VERY kind.

This was my first impression too, then I realized how poorly the STL WRs were rated so it balances out. Same thing with Lloyd as the best WR, but Orton brings him down a notch.

I just did a PC + REC analysis and here are the top QB to WR combos.

The # in ( ) next to the Tier is the sum of PC + REC.

The # in ( ) next to WR is the WR MS.

Nice Idea, but why did you not use Pass Accuracy? PC is just "on target". PA is CC vs INT.

Nice Idea, but why did you not use Pass Accuracy? PC is just "on target". PA is CC vs INT.

D'OH! Was under the impression this was "hack free".

D'OH! Was under the impression this was "hack free".

well, why in the heck wouldn't we use pass accuracy? it's not really a hack, it's a fix. Instead of PC working as both PC and PA, now - PC does PC and PA does PA.

well, why in the heck wouldn't we use pass accuracy? it's not really a hack, it's a fix. Instead of PC working as both PC and PA, now - PC does PC and PA does PA.

No objection here...I just thought it was all original. I love the PC/PA fix.

Updated....thank God for VLookup. The values in the PC column are PA, I just failed to update it.

post-6125-13413730014556_thumb.jpg

I've played a couple of season games with the Denver Broncos. The Broncos play a lot like the Green Bay packers from the original. Orton to Lloyd all day.

It's not so easy to stop the run. I definitely notice the grapple hack in use. I also noticed the the players change from BAD to EXCELLENT much easier, much like TSB 3. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I keep substituting Quinn for Orton when he goes in bad. It just doesn't feel natural.

I just took a look through all the attributes (for mostly the Top 10-20 at each position) and they are for the most part right on! I like going through and seeing attributes matched to the original.

QB Bills -> Brady

Okoye -> Hillis

BO -> AP

Neal -> Charles

BTW - thanks for making Brady the #1 QB...someone finally got it right!

If you're accepting roster changes, I have a few..........

I'm sure attributes are not up for discussion, but you are very kind to Sam Bradford. VERY kind.

This was my first impression too, then I realized how poorly the STL WRs were rated so it balances out. Same thing with Lloyd as the best WR, but Orton brings him down a notch.

ok. Rewhawl and I rated the teams as much as we rated the players. We did not go for a "madden-style" approach. We went for creating a "balance of powers", similar to the original TSB. It's all about THE TEAM.

side note, rewhawl and I rated the players for original style play (see thread in my signature for "purist" version) - with the addition of Pass Accuracy, only.

I do not know exactly (haven't even played) what MGK has done to the "graphical updated" version (tsb2012) - I know he did 4-3/3-4. We did not do rosters for the 4-3 hack. We did not rate for HP hack, etc.

Manning out for the season.....the question is.....is he removed from the ROM or moved to QB2?

dang. I say take him all the way out. There goes Warren Moon....and then what to do with Wayne, Collie, Clark, and Garcon - the Indy "stable"? This really throws a monkey-wrench in the rosters.