TSB III League. Why the lack of interest?

CheapCatch

-I do like the restriction of 50 MS for those returning kicks, so as to avoid Rod Woodson taking it to the house every other return. One concern here is are we considering 50 MS to be the maximum for a player in average condition? The concern is that if there is a player who has 50 MS in avg it may be troublesome to constantly have to check and see what "condition" the player is in. For if the player is in GOOD or EXCELL. then the player would then violate the rule. Just wondering then of the plan for this rule....

This is exactly what TCS does. It's a NES league, but it's modified rom and kickoffs were being returned too easily. 50 MS in average condition is the cap and it's easier to enforce than if you have to check the conditions every quarter.

The Jets are hands down the worst team in the game. I haven't played in a while, but I always considered the two New York teams to be the two worst.

I went with Giants. Only true weakness in my opinion is the secondary.

-I do like the restriction of 50 MS for those returning kicks, so as to avoid Rod Woodson taking it to the house every other return. One concern here is are we considering 50 MS to be the maximum for a player in average condition? The concern is that if there is a player who has 50 MS in avg it may be troublesome to constantly have to check and see what "condition" the player is in. For if the player is in GOOD or EXCELL. then the player would then violate the rule. Just wondering then of the plan for this rule....

This is exactly what TCS does. It's a NES league, but it's modified rom and kickoffs were being returned too easily. 50 MS in average condition is the cap and it's easier to enforce than if you have to check the conditions every quarter.

The Jets are hands down the worst team in the game. I haven't played in a while, but I always considered the two New York teams to be the two worst.

I went with Giants. Only true weakness in my opinion is the secondary.

There are really not a whole lot of teams you can't play well with, I used to love being the Jets, but in Tecmo Super Bowl 3 they were so bad on offense I had to jump to the Cardinals.

The teams that are insanely talented are the Broncos, Cowboys, and 49ers. Bills would be next the next tier, followed by the Steelers IMO. The Steelers would be awesome if it wasn't for Neil O'Donnell.

I guess I'll chime in on this assessment of TSB III teams. In my experience, AZ is the worst, followed by the NYJ. Other pretty bad teams, or teams that are hard to win with (against human opponents) are Houston, San Diego, Oakland, St. Louis. Other teams that are middle of the road, but still not consistently good: Cleveland, Jacksonville/Cincinnati, NO perhaps in that order (although NO has the cheap catch master Michael Haynes on their team), any NFC Central Team.

The NYG have pretty bad QB play, but are still a decent team in my opinion. The teams I've had the most success with, or that I've witnessed others have consistent success with are: Dallas, Denver, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Washington.

-Miami and NE are approx. 10-6 type teams, and Buffalo never performs to potential, placing them at about a 8-8/9-7 team. Indy is a team that is hit or miss, and rides with the success of Faulk and how much the QB play can get you by. Seattle has potential with Chris Warren, some decent WRs, and a stud Safety, but Rick 'the Duck' Mirer drags the team down. KC is middle of the pack.

-SF is decent, but never turns the corner in my estimation. For some reason I've had much success with Carolina, mostly due to Bananas Foster/Dwight Stone power/speed running combo, and Bubba McDowell on defense.

.....I think that covers them all....ha....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Pros:

Tapping matters less / hit power

Dragging/moving the pile in tackling and blocking

New play options and defensive formations

The loft pass is a nice option but is a Con in the way it's implemented

Cons:

The double-tap for a loft pass sucks especially for online play.

Graphics/player sprites look terrible.

Going through two screens for playcalling kills momentum.

Defensive conditions/substitutions should've been kept out for league play because it the game takes a freakin hour to play when someone insists on checking all his defensive players every quarter.

Music replaced with grunt sounds.

Cool to see this post revived. Since this post was started, over a year ago, the SNFL came and went, but myself, along with Slim and Deadfaulkner, have launched what we call the Tecmo Legacy League. We are currently in Week 10 of the second season (1977). So far the league has been extraordinary (and the league members are awesome), and I am just so happy to be a part of this. Chaos has joined us for the second season, and has proven to be a great competitor and dedicated participant to the league.

1976 (first) Season Site:

https://sites.google...molegacyleague/

As Slim was in the process of readying the league with a site of his own brand, we proceeded with this site for the inaugural season. It has all the data people might be interested in: full statistics, pro bowl team, a video of the Super Bowl on the main page, etc. *for those who do go to watch the video- yes the recording is choppy, but the actual game play is smooth, if one happens to be worried about that.

-Sorry that was only the preview of the SB 76 on the site. Here is the actual video of the game footage, produced and edited by Deadfaulker:

1977 (current and future) Season Site:

http://www.scottzolak.com/tll/

This site is functional, but is in the the process of evolving. Slim is the main wizard behind the curtain here, and he's done a fantastic job IMO. Site is only going to get better.

We are currently getting players and ATTs together for the 1978 season, so coaches can prepare for their team draft.

As far as connecting goes: Rarely is there an issue. Connecting to one another is unproblematic 99.9999% of the time. IF there happens to be an issue, it's easily fixable. ZSNES 1.36 has proven reliable. Hamachi works just fine, and lag is not a problem.

Anyhow, that's cool TecSpec that you are putting together a TSB III tournament.

cheers to TSB III

Edited by CheapCatch

• 2 weeks later...