MT Remix: TSB3 NCAA 2012 Powered by Jstout Logic!!!

DrunkenGamer

Posted some screens of player data page.

So now you all know what I meant when I said:

Still got to code some things, rearrange some things (reorganized the player data page)... gotta be smarter this time (New Game IQ attribute) around, if this game is ever gonna be a superstar (New Play Maker attribute) around here!

We have our team list, Hurricane55 is getting the rosters named and we'll be rating the players in a better way this go around. I'll let him release the teams that will make the 2012 edition.

As far as new to graphics, just some minor things, not enough time to overhaul it again. May make new play art, again that's really time consuming, so that's a toss up.

So keep an eye out, we'll posts things as they start to come together. Later Peeps...Honkey Vanish!!

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

I can't wait.

Thanks for the support. We have a few tricks up our sleeves. We're not just adding new teams and rehashing this thing. We may change Tecmo Bowl forever with this thing!? Lol, yeah right... its TSB3, that would never happen! ;-p

JK. We are hard at work using every bit of our intellegence to propel this game in certain areas. I have 5 teams left to name (using concantenate and text to columns, and so good ole replace in cygnus to speed this up!! Taken me like 2 hours do do all 1000 names.) We will try to keep the random posts down until we have a video ready. List of teams in old team order

Big 10:

Michigan State

Nebraska

Wisconsin

Ohio State

Penn State

Pac 12:

Oregon

Arizona State

Utah

USC

Stanford

Big 12:

Missouri

Oklahoma

Texas A&M

Texas

Oklahoma State

ACC(modified version):

Miami(Not Dead Yet!!!!)

Florida State

South Carolina

Virginia Tech

Mississippi State

Big East(modified version):

Boise State

West Virginia

Notre Dame

Northwestern

TCU

SEC:

LSU

Florida

Arkansas

Auburn

Alabama

These Teams are locked, but we will more than likely do a mid to late season edit.

LAter

So I hope to post some screen shots of our project within a couple of days. The first pics will explain what "it" is! We're gonna blow the way people code players and plays big time!! We only need to figure some things out before we code some plays for a beta test. We've always said we have big plans for this game. We already did the graphics overhaul for the most part, and we still have a small list of things we want to achieve there. We've barely sctratched the surface of play coding and coding in general. Hurricane55 is a quick learner, and he's starting to understand the assembly stuff better.

Here's a hint... 20-2F, C6-C8 are no longer needed.... :D

Honkey Vanish!!!!

Nice. Funny how all the players not attending Miami that were on "the List" are already cleared. I think The university is actually holding these players up because we are the root of investigation. Not saying Miami is innocent, but why is every one believing every word out of a con mans mouth? He has nothing to loose i know, but, he sure does like the infamy he is getting....wannabe Luke is what i think some are calling it. I believe where there is smoke, there is at least thicker smoke.....and if we get the "death Penalty", why would that keep us from coming back? Oh yeah, because the other Universities will be willing to pay the players that we can't recruit......SMU should be back already.....Same Recruiting Ground(Dallas), Smae tradition(there was a tradition there)Same alumni...oh yeah they have no room for errors, so they can't bid on the talent from high school anymore. If all was equal, then it will be a matter of time before Miami rebounds...but its always been The U against the World anyways!!!! SWAG til We die!!!!

Here are some quik snapshots of player ratings on some of the stars. We are a still at least 1-2 months away from a finshed product. we hope to have a beta out soonthow to test some new gameplay tweaks. PM me if you want to test for us.

Did I miss a post where you guys added two completely new attributes?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Some of the things we are doing on this rom were thought of while coding last years rom, but we had to make a decision to put off some things or we would never have a rom to release. Trust us when we say we aren't even close to where we want to be. And the same goes for this rom, we still have a long list of "wants", but we'll prolly not get them all this go round. These ratings are what we meant when we said "It" matters! Last year we took you all to "Our House", this year we're blowing the roof off it! Laters, back to grind of creating Tecmo Greatness!

Anyone know where i can get a decent all american and all conference listing. Plus maybe the position rankings(like top 10 LB corps. and such)? Everywhere i go, i get slideshow pictures type AA teams. I need one that lists the players so i can edit atts quicker.

New ratings? Holy hell that's mind blowing. Can't wait to see how that works. Any chance you'll ever make an editor to work with your version of tsb3?

At some point we hope so. We reorganized our rom so when that time comes, it will hopefully be an easy thing to set up.

As for the new ratings, we hope to have something playable real soon...

Actually finishing up my ratings. I'll send you a spread sheet that i use to calculate the entire ROM. It'll be done in about 3 days(the Spreadsheet), and hopefully we will have 8 operating plays with the new atts we added. Again, we think we have hit step 2 of 3 to getting a TSB 4 done. Last step is the addition to 32 teams. We got a litlle side tracked on TSB2 for Genesis(84 teams?) but when Jstout helped us identify some things, we were able to really hyped to continue on our march. The addition of the Pass block and Run Block skill was an accident, but once we have the beta out, we'll share the info on how we did that. We think....let me repharse that, we know we can add bytes to every player to get them up to 14 attributes each(the same as the QB), but we haven't really seen a reason to yet. The OL needed the las byte for our AI magic we will do.

yOU WILL REALLY LOVE THE GAMEPLAY. I HAVE STANFORD AND TCU DONE AS FAR AS RATINGS, AND AM USING THEM TO IRON OUT SOME GAMEPLAY. I WILLSTART CREATING PLAYS THIS WEEKEND, HOPEFULLY SATURDAY NIGHT I WILL HAVE THE BASIC BETA WITH THE GAMEPLAY ENHANCEMENTS. DH IS FINISHING UP THE GRAPHICS ON THE 7 NEW TEAMS WE ADDED, AS WELL AS RELOCATING THE GRAPHICS OF NEBRASKA AND BOISE STATE TO THE CONFERNCE REALIGNMENTS. AGAIN, WHEN DH SAYS IT MATTERS, HE REALLY MEANS "IT"!!!! We hope we can really show what AI we have developed. Spread sheet is done, all that is left is rating kickers, adding skin color, and the playmaker attribute....as in who gets what playmaker rating. The IQ rating is complete, and am installing the att to the game tomorrow. The playmaker rating will be done as well. Believe me when i say it is fun. I played as TCU, and I blitz, didn't get to the QB, and Luck hit a 80 yard bomb. And i haven't even activated the IQ and the PM rating. they will magnify the stars above what anyone has done ratings wise.

This rom was so close to perfection last year, and so addicting. can't wait to see what your doing this year. thanks for not letting up. also are you guys going to have time to work on the field goal fake options (pass/run)?

Yes, we have something we want to do on special teams. Last year it got a lil glitchy, so we scratched it. This year there will be at least play graphics added back in.

We are in the final stages of coding the new hacks. Were ironing out a couple of small details, but once that's out the way... I can't wait to see them in action!

The early beta will have graphical flaws as I'm not sure what all I am going to get done before it's ready for testing. So there may be some wrong colors on cutscenes and what not. But those are already going to be addressed. The beta will strictly be a play test beta, nothing else. So when it drops, we need to know things like broken plays, too easy, too hard, too slow, too fast, etc...

Honkey Vanish!

Status update. I have finished the ratings and player skins. found an awesome site that converts plain text into hex, ie if i have an excell file that has data typed EF109F, i can copy and drop into the converter, and it converted to big endian for me. HEre is the site:

http://www.stringfunction.com/hex-string.html

Only 2 small glitches, it won't convert byte 00 into anything, deletes it from the big endian conversion, and if byte is 0D, it auto adds an 0A, so you get 0D 0A, nothing big.

Back to original post. Also did the sim values. I have some QB's to iron out, but more or less used the original ROMS sim values, just broke them up into defense and offense so i can mix and match. The ratings are done with formulas utilizing position, weight, class, starter, and team rankings for pass/rush off/def from last year. I am now installing the base playbook. Hopefully have it done in 2 or 3 days. Looking awesome. We will be utilizing the new pass and run blocks as well as some other tricks that JSTOUT led us to. There will also be 4 base defenses this year, 4-3,3-4, and now 4-2 and 3-3 as well. They will be the teams base set. The 4 dline nickel and 3 d-line nickel are different than the 3-3 and 4-2 sets. We are aiming for a uiced ROM that doesn't feel juiced if that makes sense. That's it for now. HC55 out.

That is something we thought about. The only issue is TSB models are only 4 colors, 3 if you eliminate the blank screen. IT is not that undable, just have to edit the color pallet just right and it can be achieved. The beautiful thing about 16 color pallets is the variety we can add to the unies. Definately hated the TSB3 fake shadowing on the ROM.

On a nother front, the AI we are testing checks out. There are some slider issues, but that is not a big deal. To put it mildly, we may have achieved a TSB 3 AI. The basic logic is from JSTOUT, and we have remixed it to hopefully give the game more of a challenge. Later, back to play design. What a vacation day i am having:) I am really wainting for DH to get off so he can help make some production decisions, but a playale BETA by sunday is not out of the question. And i'm not giving the peyton manning line the colts were giving, if ya'll know what i mean:)