Tecmo Bowl 2011

TecmoTurd

I'm looking to start some ratings on the 2011 ROM. WarrenMoonBomb and I got a lot of the ratings and bitch work done on the ratings after the season was over, but the rosters are not up to date, and I'm sure some guys could use some updates. We also need to setup the playbooks for each team. WMB and I had a blast talking this out, but he dropped off the face of the earth a while back and now I'm left without an editing partner.

So, I'm looking for some dudes who are fans of the Tecmo Bowl (not Tecmo Super Bowl) game that are willing to help out on the yearly release. I don't have the time to do it on my own these days, but would still like to get it done. I need someone flexible enough to discuss ratings without it turning into a fight, and someone who prefers the players to relate to players from the original ROM.

I realize there aren't a lot of TB fans out there, but there must be some who are, and I could sure use the help. If nothing else, maybe this post flushes some fans of the game out of the woodwork and then we'll be able to play some games...

It's too hard to edit and chat on the xbox. It's easier to use IM. I dint get some people's aversion to IM.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

I don't have an aversion to it, I just never use IM. I thought we could talk and xbox live is easier and less likely to be confusing than IM. Either way, I don't care. I don't know exactly what we'll be doing at this point anyway. :D

I'm still working on the tedious process of entering all the players and their appropriate stats before I start editing. In the meantime, jstout hooked me up with a cool hack that allows you to play an "exhibition" game where you can choose your CPU opponent. Previously, there was only a mode where you played through a season and it followed a set schedule. Now, I can test uniforms and ratings easier, and when I play on my TV, I can play vs. any team I want...

I'm still working on the tedious process of entering all the players and their appropriate stats before I start editing. In the meantime, jstout hooked me up with a cool hack that allows you to play an "exhibition" game where you can choose your CPU opponent. Previously, there was only a mode where you played through a season and it followed a set schedule. Now, I can test uniforms and ratings easier, and when I play on my TV, I can play vs. any team I want...

Awesome addition! I love hacks that don't change the game but add features we didn't have previously. By the way, I'll be free as of tomorrow.

NFC West is all that's left to fill in depth charts and stats and then it's on to the ratings. The cool thing about TB is that every position has a distinct minimum that chump players get rated on, and it's very easy to put players into buckets that match up with guys on the original ROM. It's all about studs and duds...should be a fun ROM for those of us who still play the original version of the game.

Fatty, still lookin' for your NCAA ROM. I think you should definitely put in the INT hack for that game...