TSB 3 All Time Single Teams Rom

jhorns

Player pictures take a little bit of work to do, but once you get a system down and learn a little about tile editing, it is really simple.

I did it back in 2006, what you need to do is resize a picture of the player to 24 x 32, and than reduce the picture to 16 bit in your favorite image editor. Change it to black and white, than take the tile editor, and a screenshot of one of the players from the game, match the tiles different colors to the colors of the screenshot, and copy and paste into the tile editor. What this does is take out the time it would take to artistically draw the picture.

Below is the post that identifies where most of the pictures are, and at the end there are some tips to re arrange the pictures

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1254

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jhorns

Yeah, I'm not to sure how to make accurate player stats, so if you could lend me the formula's I would be very greatful.

And I'm not talking about Player pictures, I'm talking about team logo's, team helmets (which aren't used nearly as much as in other tecmo games) and team jersey colors.

Jhorns

Yeah, I'm not to sure how to make accurate player stats, so if you could lend me the formula's I would be very greatful.

And I'm not talking about Player pictures, I'm talking about team logo's, team helmets (which aren't used nearly as much as in other tecmo games) and team jersey colors.

yea i will have to figure out how to change team logos and stuff since a few teams are obviously not correct in my rom. i tried uploading the spreadsheet that im using to make player attributes but it would not do it.

i have decided to change a couple formulas in my ratings. i will be using jerry rice's 7.6 rec/g year to equate to 100 receptions. i think this is good since some elite receivers receptions rating looked a little low to me. i will update their receptions for the wr that i have listed above in this thread. also i wanted to change the db's interception rating to include the av rating as well as int/yr. i think this is better since some corners just dont get thrown to alot (i.e. asomughou) and therefore can not generate many interceptions because of it but if i include his av rating as well then he would still have a good int rating. not that nnamdi is in this rom but just using him as an example. deion sanders is another good example.

looking forward to this but can i suggest instead of the 04 eagles that maybe due to the signing of asomugha, this years eagles be considered? they are a tecmo dream team now

oh please :D (says the Cowboys fan)

that asomougha deal upsets me as i am also a cowboy fan. but based on the way i create my teams i cant really make them until they have put up stats, so therefore i would basically need some sort of projected stats or something, or maybe go by an average.

just finished the 64 cleveland browns. im thinking of running a pre season game with 2 teams that i have created so far and record the video to be uploaded on the internet. i will post a link here for people to see. any matchup that anyone wants to see just let me know and i can do it.

just finished the 64 cleveland browns. im thinking of running a pre season game with 2 teams that i have created so far and record the video to be uploaded on the internet. i will post a link here for people to see. any matchup that anyone wants to see just let me know and i can do it.

Awesome! Do it.

Awesome! Do it.

i will record a game tomorrow. any matchup you would be interested in seeing? so far the completed teams are:

2000 Ravens

2002 Buccaneers

2004 Eagles

2005 Seahawks

2006 Colts

2007 Patriots

2008 Cardnials

2009 Saints

1964 Browns

Bucs vs Eagles

NFC Championship rematch

ok ill record that game, of course the eagles should be better in 04 then they were in 02 so it wont be the exact same 2 teams that met in the 2002 nfc championship, but pretty close anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

just completed the 68 jets and now working on the 69 chiefs. sorry this is taking so long, its hard to do this every day when u work a full time job and pay bills, etc. anyway ill try to work on it more, if i could do one team a day then i could get it done in a few weeks.

sorry i havent posted on here in awhile. i have brought this project back and i am currently working on creating the teams. the last thing that i will complete (if i do at all) is changing the team logos/uniforms for the ones that need changing. i would need some help on that to be able to do it.

• 1 month later...

i took some time off from working on this but i have been back working on the player attributes here lately. i just finished the 72 dolphins and im almost half way done with this. periodically i will watch a com vs com game just to see how the players look that i just rated. im anxious to see this 72 miami team in action. i think ill put them up against the 69 chiefs since they are the closest in year to this team that i have completed. i wish i could let yall see what the game looks like but the last time i recorded a game and posted it, the file size was really big and nobody wants to really sit through an entire game. so ill have to find a way to cut it up and do hi lights or something.

Miami won 33-13

• 4 months later...

i am halfway done with this rom, however i have encountered an error with the rom. when i go to season game in the rom and then hit game start the game just goes black and nothing happens. i have tried changing the team schedule name back to their full name instead of an abbreviation but that didnt work. anyone know what might be wrong?

I am attaching my incomplete rom. it is half way complete. if anyone can figure out why the game will not play in season game please let me know. i have troubleshot it but i can not figure out what is wrong. obviously i did something to the rom that the emulator doesnt like and now when i hit game start in season game i just get a black screen and it wont go any further. it plays fine in preseason mode but not season game. since i wanted to conduct a season using this rom, it would kind of defeat the purpose of making this if that doesnt even work. any help and feedback would be much appreciated.

All-Time Single Teams.zip

I am attaching my incomplete rom. it is half way complete. if anyone can figure out why the game will not play in season game please let me know. i have troubleshot it but i can not figure out what is wrong. obviously i did something to the rom that the emulator doesnt like and now when i hit game start in season game i just get a black screen and it wont go any further. it plays fine in preseason mode but not season game. since i wanted to conduct a season using this rom, it would kind of defeat the purpose of making this if that doesnt even work. any help and feedback would be much appreciated.

Can you summarize what has all been customized?

Off the top of my head if it works when not in season mode perhaps the schedule is the issue.

You could try transferring the players to an original rom and then adding changes from there while testing each change. That will nail down what the issue is.

Can you summarize what has all been customized?

Off the top of my head if it works when not in season mode perhaps the schedule is the issue.

You could try transferring the players to an original rom and then adding changes from there while testing each change. That will nail down what the issue is.

i was thinking maybe the schedule also or something that is in season mode but not in preseason mode. an interesting thing is that when i go to superstar creator it does the same thing, just a black screen. so i thought maybe something with the free agents since i think that it is related to the superstar creator but im not sure. everything that i have tried hasnt worked. i will try what u advised and keep you posted.

ok i figured this out. it is what i suspected. it has to do with my custom schedule. since i changed the schedule you will not be able to do the trade schedule option which allows you to go do the offseason things which are trading and free agency obviously. well since i changed the schedule it is giving me a black screen at the free agency screen. the actual game is not frozen but u can not progress pass this. the way around this is to go to schedule and put in official season schedule instead. so the only downside is you wont be able to do trades or free agents which doesnt matter since all of the teams are exactly the way they should be for their respective year. so you just have to make sure before you start a season to set the schedule to official season mode first, which will reset the season. and then go put the team controls the way you want them. so glad i figured this out because i put alot of work into this and really didnt want to have to transport every guy to another rom.

i did a test to see if i could get through an entire season by simulating it. it seems to freeze every now and then and always on a tampa bay game, why i dont know. if you close the program, start it back up, go to the season mode, change all to com then change all back to skp, then auto skip to week 17 or whatever u like then that seems to fix it. its possible that it has something to do with my unorthodox assigning of the kick and punt returners, since i have derrick brooks returning kicks for tampa bay. i think i will re-assign them based on who really was their returner for that season since that is cheating a bit, but from the stand point of the game it does make sense to put your best stud back returning. but it did complete a full season eventually. only half of the teams are completed, the other half are named but the attributes are all default. i think the sim is pretty good though and does go by how good you make the players unlike regular tsb which has team sim categories that are factored instead of individual players. anyway it was the 72 dolphins and the 64 browns in the afc championship which are 2 completed teams and the 72 dolphins won the super bowl. this is just in simulate, for a more accurate result com vs com would be better, but it kind of shows that my assigned ratings do matter in the game.