Dynasty Mode?

Do you think it would ever be possible to put together a rudimentary dynasty mode? Something like every player lasts 15 years and new players are randomly assigned onto teams and there would be career stat tracking and all that?

Possible or just a pipe dream?

This would be quite possible to do except without any expansion you would have to do this manually.

Thanks for the replies.

Do you think you can point me to some a stat extractor link and anything else you think could be useful to see if I could pull this off as a single player experience? I have the summer off and I might just be crazy enough to try it on my own.

Once again, thanks.

Jstout Standalone Extractor

Bruddog advanced stat extractor and Play by Play

Thanks for the replies.

Do you think you can point me to some a stat extractor link and anything else you think could be useful to see if I could pull this off as a single player experience? I have the summer off and I might just be crazy enough to try it on my own.

Once again, thanks.

Jstout Standalone Extractor

Bruddog advanced stat extractor and Play by Play

Thanks for the links!

Do you have any other recommendations? FOr instance, is there a random player/attribute generator? Or would I have to do that on my own with one of the editors?

You'd have to write something to do that, as there isn't anything readily available for that. I had some code written that did a random draft of players from the original ROM and changed their names, and then people picked teams and we played through a league, but I lost the code somewhere in the mix. It wouldn't be difficult to write something like this again...

You could also do this in excel by putting the text from TSBTool into excel and then randomly selecting a player and setting his name with a macro. I think I pulled my names from the census website...

Sounds like a fun project for someone who has the time :D

You'd have to write something to do that, as there isn't anything readily available for that. I had some code written that did a random draft of players from the original ROM and changed their names, and then people picked teams and we played through a league, but I lost the code somewhere in the mix. It wouldn't be difficult to write something like this again...

You could also do this in excel by putting the text from TSBTool into excel and then randomly selecting a player and setting his name with a macro. I think I pulled my names from the census website...

Sounds like a fun project for someone who has the time :D

That's pretty much what i was going to suggest